Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

You know what's really baffling me .
    It's comments and opinions like the ones above that get made say when Rafa was still manager , when we were still I'm the CL and in with a shout at the title. You know what I mean , from the "fans" that are never happy .

But FFS with power of hindsight, what the club has gone through and our still not ideal situation , plus the fact we can now see how hard it is to get back into the CL mix , we still have supports who can't see the success , magic and achievments of Rafa Benitez .

The fella wasn't perfect , who is , but fcuk me I would give anything now for half of what he gave us during the hay days .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Anywho really looking forward to this weeks games things could really look a hell of a lot better this time next week.:) I know we are 1-0 up from the first leg but i still class us as 50/50 against the quality City have in their squad. That old cliche "the first goal is really important" never rang as true for this game. Have a funny feeling in my bones Kuyt is going to start and score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

mixednuts wrote: »
    You know what's really baffling me .
    It's comments and opinions like the ones above that get made say when Rafa was still manager , when we were still I'm the CL and in with a shout at the title. You know what I mean , from the "fans" that are never happy .

But FFS with power of hindsight, what the club has gone through and our still not ideal situation , plus the fact we can now see how hard it is to get back into the CL mix , we still have supports who can't see the success , magic and achievments of Rafa Benitez .

The fella wasn't perfect , who is , but fcuk me I would give anything now for half of what he gave us during the hay days .

Have a bit of patience, and you'll see it in a few years time. Consistently

Anyway, that's my last said on the piece. Doesn't make an ounce of difference if you agree or disagree, that's not what defines a true fan, passion is.

So, who is it we're signing again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Anywho really looking forward to this weeks games things could really look a hell of a lot better this time next week.:) I know we are 1-0 up from the first leg but i still class us as 50/50 against the quality City have in their squad. That old cliche "the first goal is really important" never rang as true for this game. Have a funny feeling in my bones Kuyt is going to start and score.

Im looking forward to it too!! I'll be in Anfield Wednesday night! Can't fookin wait :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

amiable wrote: »

What a finish. He looks like an out and out striker from what I've seen of him. Movement in the box is impressive.

What a finish. He looks like an out and out striker from what I've seen of him. Movement in the box is impressive.

Was a good finish. Looks very slow though (see when he's played through towards end of the video). Would have my worries he'd have trouble fitting in with the pace of the PL. I'm not being funny but i think Andy Carroll would beat him over 100m

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

stephen1martin Stephen Martin
    #LFC negotiating over David Texeria. Possibility of cash plus player or cash and our player on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

manual_man wrote: »
    Was a good finish. Looks very slow though (see when he's played through towards end of the video). Would have my worries he'd have trouble fitting in with the pace of the PL. I'm not being funny but i think Andy Carroll would beat him over 100m

You were being funny about rafa though?

:)

I like what I've seen so far. He looks a powerhouse and very good in the air.
    He seems to place his shots too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

stephen1martin Stephen Martin
    #LFC negotiating over David Texeria. Possibility of cash plus player or cash and our player on loan.

yes yes yes!

hefferboi wrote: »

You were being funny about rafa though?

haha. stop it you

folks'll differ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

The same one who brought in Igor Biscan, Djimi Traore, Josemi, blah blah blah

If you want to get into a debate about every single transfer, go ahead. I'm not a*sed. I simply stated he pushed Alonso out the door, which he did. It was disgraceful how Xabi was treated

Fact check please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

I like what I've seen so far. He looks a powerhouse and very good in the air.
    He seems to place his shots too.

The thing is, with the way Carroll is playing, most strikers would be an improvement.

Youtube can be very misleading, but what I have seen of him seems promising. Reminds me of Van Nistelrooy in his movement and approach in the box.

wcarey1975 wrote: »

If you want to get into a debate about every single transfer, go ahead. I'm not a*sed. I simply stated he pushed Alonso out the door, which he did. It was disgraceful how Xabi was treated

Fact check please.

Oh dear. Watch the traffic. Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Absolute nonsense. Rafa left the club in an absolute mess. Feel free to ignore that if you like. Oh and he pushed our best passer of the ball for the last 20 years out the door.

You'd do well to remember Rafa stole him from spain for just under 11million quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

probably bull but a 'quote' rounding the twittersphere from mr.hazard that he would rather join a club with a history of liverpool or arsenal....

extremely unlikely but tis nice to clutch at straws

eldwaro wrote: »
    probably bull but a 'quote' rounding the twittersphere from mr.hazard that he would rather join a club with a history of liverpool or arsenal....

I think that's an old quote with a few bits added to it

• Advertisement

eldwaro wrote: »

BS imo. He'll go for a club that's in the champions league. If we make it i would'nt be surprised if we made a bid.

JenChang88 Jen Chang
    Groningen-LFC negotiations over David Texeira are genuine. 3 different reliable sources incl. @plondinsky, @stephen1martin have reported it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

wcarey1975 wrote: »

Fact check please.

Oh dear. Watch the traffic. Please

Houllier bought biscan and traore. Rafa made them look like world beaters.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Even though I don't know much about this lad, the fact that he is a bit different to a player who is performing well for a few months in a lower premier league club is good. It doesn't mean he will be a success of course, but that they are thinking slightly differently, which is a good thing. A couple more Uruguayan forwards would be nice as well *cough* Cavani *cough*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

5starpool wrote: »
    Even though I don't know much about this lad, the fact that he is a bit different to a player who is performing well for a few months in a lower premier league club is good. It doesn't mean he will be a success of course, but that they are thinking slightly differently, which is a good thing. A couple more Uruguayan forwards would be nice as well *cough* Cavani *cough*.

Plus his career is following a remarkably similar path to Suarez' so far

Plus his career is following a remarkably similar path to Suarez' so far
    What he's been seen him at a klan meeting? :eek:
    Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
    Liverpool linked with Udinese's Chilean player Mauricio Isla according to La Tercera. Fee of €15m mooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I see that Subotic lad Kess fancies as a player is being investigated on sexual assault charges. Cheeky bid? :pac:

daithijjj wrote: »
    I see that Subotic lad Kess fancies as a player is being investigated on sexual assault charges. Cheeky bid? :pac:

Throw in a spurious racism allegation and you've got yourself a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
    Liverpool linked with Udinese's Chilean player Mauricio Isla according to La
    Tercera. Fee of €15m mooted.

He'd be an excellent signing. Lots of experience for someone so young both at club level and internationally, can play wingback or in midfield, real bargain for under 20 million. Udinese are a selling club too so despite their possible CL place next season I could still see them letting him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

What was Texeiras record before he moved to Holland?

Does anybody.know much about that isla chap?

• Advertisement

If he doesn't score in his first 10 games he's a failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

daithijjj wrote: »

Glad you added "as a player" :D Hummels is the Dortmund player I raved about. Subotic I rate as a very good defender but nowhere near the level of Hummels.

Looks like a bit of a strange story.

The victim initially came out and blamed a number of people and said that Subotic was not involved. Then later it would appear she changed her story and added the player as one of the four people she is accusing.

It is turning into a big news story in Germany and is getting reported on in America as well given that Subotic played for the US under-20 team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He doesn't have one really, played for a Uruguay league side Defensor Sporting for two seasons playing 22 games and scoring 6 goals (so says wiki)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well perhaps a bit ott... but the sentiment is understood. Some people will go on defending Rafa to the hilt, but i never enjoyed his time in charge. His using the club to put a European title on his c.v. at the expense of the league frankly disgusted me

If I knew you, I would actually punch you in the head.

I don't normally advocate violence but **** me, that is one of the most retarded posts I have ever witnessed in my life.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If he doesn't score 20 timesin his first 10 games he's a failure.

Deffo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If he doesn't score in his first 10 minutes he's a failure.

:pac:

Well perhaps a bit ott... but the sentiment is understood. Some people will go on defending Rafa to the hilt, but i never enjoyed his time in charge. His using the club to put a European title on his c.v. at the expense of the league frankly disgusted me

If I knew you, I would actually punch you in the head.

I don't normally advocate violence but **** me, that is one of the most retarded posts I have ever witnessed in my life.

You wouldn't be standind long enough to move your arm. Now go back to bed. It's past your bed time. And your post is reported, you aggressive little sh1t

Does anybody.know much about that isla chap?

Few of us were talking about him on here earlier. Good player who is a bit of a utility man in that he can play in 5 or 6 positions. Good pace, good passer, good tackler, but miles behind some of his national teammates like Vidal and Medel in terms of being a central midfielder. But given how versatile he is, he may not be getting looked at as a CM but maybe as a right sided midfielder to replace Kuyt in the team.

You wouldn't be standind long enough to move your arm. Now go back to bed. It's past your bed time. And your post is reported, you aggressive little sh1t

Look, you made one of the most absurd posts that this forum has ever seen. Not only that, but you seriously disrespected someone that, while not perfect, did amazing things for our club and has done even more amazing things for people linked to the club since leaving.

The "punching you in the head" comment is not a threat, it isn't anything of the sort so don't get your knickers in a twist. Your post was ridiculous and it was an attempt, obviously in vain at that, to point out that you need some sense knocked into you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

vBulletin Total Ignore for Greasemonkey

and Greasemonkey for Firefox is a great thing.

Don't think you need Greasemonkey for Chrome, it accepts them by default.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Kess73 wrote: »
    Few of us were talking about him on here earlier. Good player who is a bit of a utility man in that he can play in 5 or 6 positions. Good pace, good passer, good tackler, but miles behind some of his national teammates like Vidal and Medel in terms of being a central midfielder. But given how versatile he is, he may not be getting looked at as a CM but maybe as a right sided midfielder to replace Kuyt in the team.

Im nearly positive hes a striker ? or i could be misunderstanding your post. My bad if i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Edit: Actually, screw it. K-9's suggestion is much better.

Look, you made one of the most absurd posts that this forum has ever seen. Not only that, but you seriously disrespected someone that, while not perfect, did amazing things for our club and has done even more amazing things for people linked to the club since leaving.

The "punching you in the head" comment is not a threat, it isn't anything of the sort so don't get your knickers in a twist. Your post was ridiculous and it was an attempt, obviously in vain at that, to point out that you need some sense knocked into you.

I'm not the only pool fan that holds the opinion I do about Rafa's time in charge. And nor am I apologizing for doing so. Neither does it make me less of a fan, despite how some small minded folk would like to make it look. And I'm sick to the teeth of people throwing in things unrelated to what I've posted, total BS, what has what Rafa has done for people since leaving the club have ANYTHING to do with what I said. Typical non-sensical rubbish being spewed to try and suit whatever pathetic agenda you have. Seriously man, DON'T EVER REPLY TO A POST OF MINE AGAIN. Total and utter crap you have to put up with on this place

ASOT wrote: »
    Im nearly positive hes a striker ? or i could be misunderstanding your post. My bad if i am.

I was talking about Isla. The club are meant to be interested in him.

Sir Gal asked about two different players in his post, I was replying to his second question.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'm not the only pool fan that holds the opinion I do about Rafa's time in charge. And nor am I apologizing for doing so. Neither does it make me less of a fan, despite how some small minded folk would like to make it look. And I'm sick to the teeth of people throwing in things unrelated to what I've posted, total BS, what has what Rafa has done for people since leaving the club have ANYTHING to do with what I said. Typical non-sensical rubbish being spewed to try and suit whatever pathetic agenda you have. Seriously man, DON'T EVER REPLY TO A POST OF MINE AGAIN. Total and utter crap you have to put up with on this place

Bit rich considering you can't even get basic facts about Rafa right.

Calm down lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

That's rubbish. A percentage used the off-field goings on as an excuse to stay in denial. Owners and off the field stuff? I'll give you owners and off the field stuff. The bloody Glaziers. Absolute unrest 'off the field' at United for what seemed like forever, and how did it affect them? Oh right, another few league titles, throw in another European Cup for good measure... Christ, i swear

have the glaziers gone behind fergusons back and looked for a new manager?? remember that was 5 months after liverpool had been in a european cup final and those two clowns were trying to replace him http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7187086.stm

have man utd come within a week or so of going out of business since the glaziers took charge?? maybe its just me but i haven't seen any headlines like this about man utd http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8025406/Liverpool-face-up-to-the-threat-of-administration-as-crisis-deepens-at-Anfield.html

how many first team regulars has ferguson sold since the glaziers took charge at man utd?? to the best of my knowledge just the one, ronaldo and they sold him because he wanted to go and they were rewarded handsomely

where was the new stadium hicks and gillette promised?? the glaziers were only in the door and they had a new expansion of 10,000 seats built at old trafford

you cannot under any circumstances compare the glaziers to hicks and gillette, the glaziers keep their head down and let their manager get on with the job, they don't fight like idiots, not talk to each other for years, have the clubs finances continually the focus of the media, undermine their manager and then sack him

Calm down lads...

It is fair enough having different opinions. It is even fair enough being stupidly biased. Some of the vile being posted here recently though is downright disgraceful and it absolutely sickens me to the core.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement