Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i said it before but tevez on loan makes a lot of sense for both city and liverpool, it could be the difference between them winning the PL if we take points off united with him in the side and the difference between 4th and 7th for us.

Even when he didnt want to be around City last season, he was still quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tevez isn't coming.

we couldn't afford his wages for one.

and for two, i don't want him.

he's as disloyal as they come, and IMO, would stand for pretty much everything the club doesn't.

a cracking player, but some things are more important than talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SlickRic wrote: »
    Tevez isn't coming.

we couldn't afford his wages for one.

and for two, i don't want him.

he's as disloyal as they come, and IMO, would stand for pretty much everything the club doesn't.

a cracking player, but some things are more important than talent.

Just saw your post. Teves??? :pac::pac: You're grand thanks!!

jebidiah wrote: »

Kelly was very good alright, id like to see him get a run for a few with maybe Glenjo playing left back, i think Jose needs a rest, he has made a few uncharacteristic errors lately, in fact the exact same error at Bolton as he made today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

daithijjj wrote: »
    He was arrested earlier, he is from Wales.

He was only racist in the village i heard,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I can confirm that Tevez will not be joining us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Kelly was very good alright, id like to see him get a run for a few with maybe Glenjo playing left back, i think Jose needs a rest, he has made a few uncharacteristic errors lately, in fact the exact same error at Bolton as he made today.

Agree he has looked a little battle weary of late which isn't surprising given the physical nature of his game and the ground he tends to cover.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I can confirm that Tevez will not be joining us.

i already miss the derby ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

just bcak from the pub........there since the match... took 5 atttempts to log in herre......whatt a fúckin day to bb a lIverpool suporter...

me hed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

eldwaro wrote: »
    i already miss the derby ball.

Me too. Perhaps I'll bring it back.
    Just wanted to check in.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

kop77 wrote: »
    just bcak from the pub........there since the match... took 5 atttempts to log in herre......whatt a fúckin day to bb a lIverpool suporter...

me hed.....

Gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i said it before but tevez on loan makes a lot of sense for both city and liverpool, it could be the difference between them winning the PL if we take points off united with him in the side and the difference between 4th and 7th for us.

Even when he didnt want to be around City last season, he was still quality.
    I hope it doesn't happen for the reasons already mentioned by the lads, but even if he was wanted by us, I cannot see City playing ball. They gain nothing from it at all. Not like he's some kid who needs blooding, or a decent squad player looking for more games to build confidence or whatever... As far as Mancini is concerned, Tevez won't play for them again. I don't see why they'd be happy to accomodate him.

Oh and I think we're well capable of taking points off Utd without him!

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Me too. Perhaps I'll bring it back.
    Just wanted to check in.

Love checking in tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd take him for 6, even 4 months, West Ham affect and to see the United reaction! :D Would make the "only the Cup" comments pale in comparison!

But yeah, too much sense spoken here for a Sunday morning, plus confirmed by The Rigger, better than Jim Boardman or Daniel Taylor.

Suarez, Bellamy and Tevez, I fecking HATE this phrase, but YEP, I'd cream my pants!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

So apart from signing Tevez for Carroll :pac: and Ba for Carroll and *insert anyone really* for Carroll news in the papers, i see we have formally asked to loan Castaignos from Inter but they are stalling a little as they are not sure LFC is the right fit right now.

Also, Texeira from Groningen is only muted in the summer, for 11 mil euro.

Fecking Kuyt and Maxi as back up!

Time for obligatory South Park pic! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

By Bellamy's face, is it safe to assume that Carroll gets erections during good performances?

copy_%285%29_of_prop120128-034-liverpool_man_utd_4f240d5c7fc0f478490588.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Am I the only one that thinks Ba is immensely overrated???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

redzerdrog wrote: »

Certainly not worth some of the price tags thrown around, if the description of his knee being a "ticking timebomb" was accurate. I think it was Tony Pulis or someone from the Stoke medical team who said that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

No im with ya on that! He is good but not as good as some make him out to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

He's a good player, and he's having a great season no doubt. But even ignoring his reputed knee problem, I'd see him as a stop gap solution at best.

He wouldnt have been a bad player to get in a swap with Babel at the time, hindsight is great though.

He wouldnt have been a bad player to get in a swap with Babel at the time, hindsight is great though.

They say it's 20/20....If only that lad de gea had sight like that united would be laughin!:D

Babel copter doesn't sound as good tbh

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Babel copter doesn't sound as good tbh

I hope someone has given it a service in readiness for the next few days :D

I hope someone has given it a service in readiness for the next few days :D

Gonna be fascinating..will this week have changed Kenny's mind about anyone? or re-enforced his thinking on anyone for that matter?

Gonna be fascinating..will this week have changed Kenny's mind about anyone? or re-enforced his thinking on anyone for that matter?

I think Maxi is gone as soon as, Dirk will go in the summer id imagine. But i think thats only normal if you look at who Kenny favours over the season.

I think Maxi is gone as soon as, Dirk will go in the summer id imagine. But i think thats only normal if you look at who Kenny favours over the season.

Dirk has been a great servant to the club and he's always given everything. As much as I know he's not up to it anymore I will be sad to see him go..don't understand why they gave him that contract extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Really hope you were right about Maxi, highly over-rated here as sometimes he pops up for a goal. Generally he contributes very little.

He was awful today in every aspect of his game and was the worst LFC player on the pitch.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really hope you were right about Maxi, highly over-rated here as sometimes he pops up for a goal. Generally he contributes very little.

He was awful today in every aspect of his game and was the worst LFC player on the pitch.

He had that one shot at the beginning, which in fairness was decent, other than that he did squat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Erique was every bit as bad As maxi got the runaround yesterday big time

He wasn't great, but he wasn't Paul Koncheskey either..:D

Does he have a right foot? I know it exists but has he ever used it?

Sounds like A Fr. Ted reference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disagree, he never disappears out of a game and he knows how to tackle.
    Maxi has been poor in most appearances this season and you could not say that about Enrique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fcuking lol. Carroll for Tevez? I don't think City are that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Tevez is a poison chalice no thank you

THFC wrote: »

GOOD! we don't want a shítehawk like Tevez!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

THFC wrote: »

It's funny alright. almost like a wheeler dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

murpho999 wrote: »

I've always thought Maxi should be called 'Mini' - he contributes so little....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

In fairness, he contributes enough when playing in a more fluid line up. He has a lot of class! though his defensive side was shown up yesterday.

Anyway, im chuffed we mad it through this patch without Suarez with these two results. He will be dying to get back playing, you can see in his reaction that he is a team player. Hopefully he can set us scoring again, and with the rest of the team bolstered by these two massive results, we will start to climb up to 4th.

Believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So in the past 24hrs ...

Cavani is on his way.
    Texeria in the summer.
    Nicolas Lodeiro is a done deal.
    Tevez for Carroll.
    Mourinho to take over with Clarke.

Great stuff .

All pigs are fed and ready to fly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Jose needs to be rested and I would be surprised if he starts against Wolves.

mixednuts wrote: »
    Jose needs to be rested and I would be surprised if he starts against Wolves.

Johnson Left back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Fabio?

jebidiah wrote: »
    Fabio?

And Glen Johnson in the second half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Ahhh...not quite. Maxi was poor alright, he seems to slow down play but he has come up with a few goals out of nowhere. I would be happy if he stayed till summer but no longer.

Enrique had a bad few minutes again yesterday but in fairness he never hid. Someone just needs to explain to him he will not get transferred over putting the ball out over the line for a throw. Yesterdays goal and the first Bolton goal were nearly carbon copies of each other. My first reaction to both was he is going to put it out. It was the obvious reaction to both situations but he is a ball player so we may have to put up with mistakes like that from time to time.

Henderson was very good though i thought. He closed down space very well and moved the ball quickly. I think he will be a great player for us next year. And Carroll should get an assist for both goals, a header for the second and a mind f**k of De Gea for the first. He is looking better ,admittedly from a low base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

kop77 wrote: »

me hed.....

That's some session you were on bro. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Excuse if this has been posted already, but Wu Tang support Suarez in the race war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wwREHz7k5s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement