Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Vanolder wrote: »
    Excuse if this has been posted already, but Wu Tang support Suarez in the race war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wwREHz7k5s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Er, are you sure? Reads the other way to me, dripping with sarcasm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's also sheeeeite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

daithijjj wrote: »
    http://soccerlens.com/guardians-daniel-taylor-doesnt-deserve-to-write-about-manchester-united/3317/

The Guardian went on a steady course downwards from about 2005 as regards football. But im a cynic really, i havent bought a newspaper in a very long time but i read some other people bought :pac:.

After a bit of research it does seem that Daniel Taylor has a reputation for pulling stories out of his ass.

The only thing is that Sky and The Times are running it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

just saw sports running the tevez swap snub story...

this shíte doesnt actually hold water does it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tezev on loan for the rest of the season would be a masterstroke. He's an arse, but once we don't make a long term commitment to him there would be no problem. He's better than any of our attacking players and would give us a MUCH better chance of 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Taking Tevez in loan is an interesting one. Is he fit? Has he been training? Would it take 4-6 weeks to get him into some sort of decent shape?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would jump at getting Tevez for the rest of the season on loan. He will score goals- fact. That's what we need, a natural finisher like him.
    Yeah, he has issues, but I'd live with them for the rest of the season.
    Also imagine him and Suarez scoring at OT!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gave me some laugh yesterday. chap is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Wouldn't want Tevez near the club, the man is poison.

I'd rather stick with what we have for the rest of the season than to have someone like him around. Carroll played well yesterday, let's give him the rest of the season to build on that and see where we are in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I'd have him on loan in a heartbeat. City might just go for it too, 'till the end of the season only. Say, we pay 120k of his wages a week, they pay the rest.. from Tevez's point of view he puts himself back in the shop window (and a chance to screw United AND City by playing for hated rivals). We are not City's rivals for the league title, they get rid of a bad influence at the club when they are challenging for the league... win win

EDIT: talking 'bout Tevez coming to us on loan only, no chance of Carroll going to City,that rumour is laughable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Back Beeyatches. :D

Now what was the last thing I said before heading to the game?

Oh yes, I do belive it was....

We’re on our way to Wembley, we’re on the Wembley Way
    We’re on our way to Wembley, we’re on the Wembley Way....

:D

I'd have him on loan in a heartbeat. City might just go for it too, 'till the end of the season only. Say, we pay 120k of his wages a week, they pay the rest.. from Tevez's point of view he puts himself back in the shop window (and a chance to screw United AND City by playing for hated rivals). We are not City's rivals for the league title, they get rid of a bad influence at the club when they are challenging for the league... win win

And it's more short term thinking from the club . . . they are offloading a bad influence onto our dressing room.

He cannot be near full fitness either, so how long will it take him to get up to full speed. We only have something like 16/17 games left.

i dunno...to be honest...i dont want carroll to move anyway! and Tevez coming in is just dodgy..like...

isnt it possible sky sports and all them just got pissed off at how quiet its being and said lets makes some crap up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

And it's more short term thinking from the club . . . they are offloading a bad influence onto our dressing room.

He cannot be near full fitness either, so how long will it take him to get up to full speed. We only have something like 16/17 games left.

Its a gamble obviously, but one worth taking. Could be the difference between finishing 4th or not.Who knows what state he's in. Anyway, its highly unlikely, but personally i'd go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The whole Carroll tevez swap story sounds very ominous, there doesnt seem to be any quotes even?

• Advertisement

The Tevez- Carroll story is a total wind up imho. Just look at the source, a low level hack, and the fact he was baiting Liverpool supporters through Twitter before he put up the Tevez swap "news"

Methinks he wanted to see people scrambling about online and used a throw away remark made by Kenny after the City game to try and fuel a stupid rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

From the BBC Gossip Column which really tells us everything about the level the papers are at these days (esp the Sundays which are now the worst rather than the best)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Liverpool's bid to swap £35m record signing Andy Carroll for Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has been turned down by Manchester City.
    Full story: The Observer

Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian says there is no possibility that the 27-year-old will join Championship club West Ham on loan from Manchester City.
    Full story: talkSPORT

However, Carroll, 23, could still be involved in a swap deal for Newcastle forward Demba Ba, 26.
    Full story: Sunday Mirror

Liverpool are preparing a double swoop on the Bundesliga with moves for Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin, 22, and Borussia Dortmund striker Luca Barrios, 27.

while the Star and Express are going with Tevez to PSG move not yest dead.

Its bull****, the 1% that turns out to be right is trumpeted the other 99% gets quietly forgotten.

I agree Kess, I reckon the club will come out and rubbish the story. Could anybody honestly see kenny or the owners wanting Tevez at the club long term?

The club need to get into the Champions League. If we don't, we will again struggle to attract the type of player we want and need. At present, it is unlikely we are going to finish 4th. If the club can't find players to sign in this window to help us reach that goal, then signing someone like Tevez on a loan would be fantastic. If it helps us get 4th I don't see it as short term thinking and he wouldnt be here long enough to be a disruptive force. Offer to pay half his wages until the end of the season - it would be a masterstroke.

I agree Kess, I reckon the club will come out and rubbish the story. Could anybody honestly see Jenny or the owners wanting Tevez at the club long term?

Well giving that Daniel Taylor is who started the "story", I am just amazed that a few of the so called better papers ran with it.

I guess the days of checking sources and information are long gone, and anything put up on Twitter is seen as a valid story.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    The club need to get into the Champions League. If we don't, we will again struggle to attract the type of player we want and need. At present, it is unlikely we are going to finish 4th. If the club can't find players to sign in this window to help us reach that goal, then signing someone like Tevez on a loan would be fantastic. If it helps us get 4th I don't see it as short term thinking and he wouldnt be here long enough to be a disruptive force. Offer to pay half his wages until the end of the season - it would be a masterstroke.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, United and City only need so many more attacking players. Indeed, most of them need no more.

Even if we are not in the CL, we can compete with other CL team on big signings for two reasons: 1) we can pay bigger wages than most, and 2) we are a world famous club.

There's only a handful (a half-dozen or so) of clubs that most players would find more attractive than Liverpool (in my opinion, of course

There are plenty of good players about, and not that many suitable clubs for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mike65 wrote: »
    From the BBC Gossip Column which really tells us everything about the level the papers are at these days (esp the Sundays which are now the worst rather than the best)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Liverpool's bid to swap £35m record signing Andy Carroll for Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has been turned down by Manchester City.
    Full story: The Observer

Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian says there is no possibility that the 27-year-old will join Championship club West Ham on loan from Manchester City.
    Full story: talkSPORT

However, Carroll, 23, could still be involved in a swap deal for Newcastle forward Demba Ba, 26.
    Full story: Sunday Mirror

Liverpool are preparing a double swoop on the Bundesliga with moves for Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin, 22, and Borussia Dortmund striker Luca Barrios, 27.

while the Star and Express are going with Tevez to PSG move not yest dead.

Its bull****, the 1% that turns out to be right is trumpeted the other 99% gets quietly forgotten.

They must be following my posts on Boards :D

I'd love us to go for Iker Muniain, he'd slot in perfectly in one of the wide-forward positions.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, United and City only need so many more attacking players. Indeed, most of them need no more.

Even if we are not in the CL, we can compete with other CL team on big signings for two reasons: 1) we can pay bigger wages than most, and 2) we are a world famous club.

There's only a handful (a half-dozen or so) of clubs that most players would find more attractive than Liverpool (in my opinion, of course

There are plenty of good players about, and not that many suitable clubs for them.

If you don't think Champions League football is a big attraction for the best players than I don't know what to say to you. Of course there will be situations where top players will move even without champions league (Suarez) but if two clubs are in competition and we dont have european football, we are likely to lose out. Also, its not all about European football. Players want to win things and if we are finishing in the top 4, we are at least competing for the league. Finishing 4th is very very important this season. The longer we are out of that top 4, the less attraction a team we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

[QUOTE=Tusky;76789179]If you don't think Champions League football is a big attraction for the best players than I don't know what to say to you. Of course there will be situations where top players will move even without champions league (Suarez) but if two clubs are in competition and we dont have european football, we are likely to lose out. Also, its not all about European football. Players want to win things and if we are finishing in the top 4, we are at least competing for the league. Finishing 4th is very very important this season. The longer we are out of that top 4, the less attraction a team we are.[/QUOTE]

It certainly is an attraction but its importance is overplayed in my opinion.

Would you rather join Spurs to play CL football but be on 60k a week or join Liverpool, play Europa League and get 100k a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kenny saying how Carroll needs more work and how they'll be more patient than anyone with him. Doesn't sound like something you'd say if your about to sell a player.

If you don't think Champions League football is a big attraction for the best players than I don't know what to say to you. Of course there will be situations where top players will move even without champions league (Suarez) but if two clubs are in competition and we dont have european football, we are likely to lose out. Also, its not all about European football. Players want to win things and if we are finishing in the top 4, we are at least competing for the league. Finishing 4th is very very important this season. The longer we are out of that top 4, the less attraction a team we are.

Of course finishing 4th is important, but . . .

Would a player choose Porto, Benfica, Ajax, Twente, Dortmund, Basle, Sparak Moscow, Shakhtar, Marseille, Valencia . . . over Liverpool? In most cases, I believe the answer will be no. More importantly, can any of them compete financially with Liverpool?

Now if it's Liverpool vs Real, Barca, United, Chelsea, AC Milan then I think we will lose out. But they can't sign everyone.

Modric signed for Spurs when they weren't in the CL. Suarez signed for us when we weren't in the CL and had no prospect of it for at least 18 months.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Twente v Groningen on atm if anyone wants to watch reported targets over the past month or two, De Jong and Texeira. Former is on his hat trick with 60 mins remaining. Texeira and Groningen haven't been up to much it must be said.

http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/104780/1/watch-fc-twente-vs-fc-groningen.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Modric signed for Spurs when they weren't in the CL. Suarez signed for us when we weren't in the CL and had no prospect of it for at least 18 months.

silva, yaya joined city when they were not in the champions league

money talks in todays game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/28/liverpool-andy-carroll-carlos-tevez

IMO it just an article written by a bitter Manc with the prime objective of unsettling a player who seems to be just hitting a bit of form.

They do their utmost to put Carroll down, mention all the negatives about his time at Liverpool, but fail to mention how he played a key role in yesterday's game.

It's also too much of a coincidence that this incident supposedly happened on Thursday, yet they wait until the day after we beat the Mancs to release the story.

I thinks its a bitter attempt to unsettle a player after a good perfomance yesterday against our biggest rivals.

But papers must be sold.

djPSB wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/28/liverpool-andy-carroll-carlos-tevez

IMO it just an article written by a bitter Manc with the prime objective of unsettling a player who seems to be just hitting a bit of form.

They do their utmost to put Carroll down, mention all the negatives about his time at Liverpool, but fail to mention how he played a key role in yesterday's game.

It's also too much of a coincidence that this incident supposedly happened on Thursday, yet they wait until the day after we beat the Mancs to release the story.

I thinks its a bitter attempt to unsettle a player after a good perfomance yesterday against our biggest rivals.

But papers must be sold.

I think you need to take your tin foil hat off. It may be true, it may be lies, but I doubt its been dreamed up especially to unsettle Carroll.

Also, Carroll has not hit a run of form. This implies a number of good games on the trot. He has scored 1 in his last 6, or 1 in his last 12 league games. His league totals this season are 2 goals in 20 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everyone is talking about the audacious, but failed effort to swap Carroll for Tevez, but nobody is talking about the Manchester shop keeper who refused to take De Gea as payment for a packed of Monster Munch and a Capri Sun.

Typical.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »

You owe me 17 seconds of my life back.:D

Any one think James McClean will ever be good enough to play for a top 6 team?

Looks promising.

when i saw this yesterday i was wondering how long it would take to find its way up here.

I think you need to take your tin foil hat off. It may be true, it may be lies, but I doubt its been dreamed up especially to unsettle Carroll.

Also, Carroll has not hit a run of form. This implies a number of good games on the trot. He has scored 1 in his last 6, or 1 in his last 12 league games. His league totals this season are 2 goals in 20 games.

IMO it's just the typical boll*x that you get from the English media on a daily basis.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You owe me 17 seconds of my life back.:D

Here's 181 seconds for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Think we will draw Spurs away in the cup.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Think we will draw Spurs away in the cup.

Either a 'told you so' or else a 'could have been worse' scenario then.

Home draw against Stevanage would be nice.

Either a 'told you so' or else a 'could have been worse' scenario then.

Home draw against Stevanage would be nice.

Yea, we have drawn everyone else in the top 4 so it would just be typical. Home draw to anyone will do.

djPSB wrote: »
    Any one think James McClean will ever be good enough to play for a top 6 team?

Looks promising.

We'll stay top 6 if we make more signings like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Brighton again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Happy enough with that, Brighton at Home this time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Can't complain with that draw. Nice to be at home

And thats why im not a gambling man :pac:

Happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Fairly happy with that. SHould be able to beat these guys, but the way we have been performing at home this year, you'd never know what could happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good draw, 6th round probably will feature

Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Arsenal Villa Arsenal
    Norwich
    Bolton
    Everton
    Stoke

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Ok draw for us, but all big sides got an ok draw, next round should be very interesting if we get there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement