Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Very dislikable chap, but he'd be a season changer. Many steps ahead of any other striker we could bring in.

4 months with him could be the difference between 4th and 6th, and could allow us to be in the market for the likes of Cavani or Higuain next summer.

Going to bed now. Would love to wake up in the morning (here) to find that we've signed Hoilett and gotten Tevez on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong - Tevez is an intensely dislikeable character who hasn't managed to shake off the negative aspects of his upbringing. Apparently he is extremely rough around the edges, doesn't know how to behave, etc.

But as far as his athleticism and football is concerned, he has never been anything less than the model professional. Whatever about off the football field, he is a warrior when he steps onto it. I would be highly confident that he has been looking after himself well enough that a couple of games and two weeks of training will have him back at full tilt.

He's also desperate to move. I doubt he'd be stupid enough to let his fitness level drop if it could jeopardise a transfer.

So are City currently paying him any wages? There were suggestions in previous posts that they weren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong - Tevez is an intensely dislikeable character who hasn't managed to shake off the negative aspects of his upbringing. Apparently he is extremely rough around the edges, doesn't know how to behave, etc.

But as far as his athleticism and football is concerned, he has never been anything less than the model professional. Whatever about off the football field, he is a warrior when he steps onto it. I would be highly confident that he has been looking after himself well enough that a couple of games and two weeks of training will have him back at full tilt.

Warrior when he steps onto the field? Getting him onto the field is a problem. If he throws a strop on the bench in the CL, whats he gonna do when we're going all out for domestic cup glory?

The demons that he suffers from mean that he's too big of a risk. I ve sympathy for him. But I don't think he's suitable.

Better for the club to spend. When the current owners came in, everyone said that the next 3 or 4 transfer windows were vital. Now we're letting this one slip by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

There was a mention on the football ramble that if City win the league then Tevez's wages would double.

If so why would he sign for anyone till summer? Loan yes maybe but honestly i can't see it happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Sappy404 wrote: »
    He's also desperate to move. I doubt he'd be stupid enough to let his fitness level drop if it could jeopardise a transfer.

So are City currently paying him any wages? There were suggestions in previous posts that they weren't.

Assuming Tevez is currently in Argentina (& this move was a realistic prospect), would the club take him without any of the usual fitness tests, given its a loan move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

skywalker wrote: »
    Assuming Tevez is currently in Argentina (& this move was a realistic prospect), would the club take him without any of the usual fitness tests, given its a loan move?

Oh i can't believe i'm getting caught up in this....

BUT he is due back in Manchester tomorrow (But then again he is due back every day me thinks)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I genuinely can't see any activity today at Liverpool.

I think the club tried to do a few deals but they couldn't find value.

The 'ITKS' are funny though(apart from the rigger):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I will be happy if we can just confirm that Joao Carlos has signed.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    I will be happy if we can just confirm that Joao Carlos has signed.

Opr
    Andrew Heaton said that deal is done according to Sporting

amiable wrote: »
    Andrew Heaton said that deal is done according to Sporting

I think he was at the Sporting - Inter game and had been speaking to people from Sporting who said it was done. Some talk that we still had to nail down the personal details. I just find it a little strange we announced the signing of the young keeper yesterday on the site but still have said nothing official about Joao Carlos.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

opr wrote: »
    I think he was at the Sporting - Inter game and had been speaking to people from Sporting who said it was done. Some talk that we still had to nail down the personal details. I just find it a little strange we announced the signing of the young keeper yesterday on the site but still have said nothing official about Joao Carlos.

Opr

Seems weird alright

They discussed him on The Anfield Wrap podcast yesterday as if it was a done deal. They went into his performance in the Next Gen series as well.

They talk about him towards the end if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7467389/Striker-rejects-Red-Devils-deal

STRIKER REJECTS RED DEVILS DEAL!!!

this is what pisses me off about sky sports...they know there is sweet FA going on in this window, so they move stuff around to gain attention.. know this headline is within their rights...but some of the other shíte they been saying!

end of mini rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ush wrote: »
    Warrior when he steps onto the field? Getting him onto the field is a problem. If he throws a strop on the bench in the CL, whats he gonna do when we're going all out for domestic cup glory?

The demons that he suffers from mean that he's too big of a risk. I ve sympathy for him. But I don't think he's suitable.

Better for the club to spend. When the current owners came in, everyone said that the next 3 or 4 transfer windows were vital. Now we're letting this one slip by.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. We have been lambasting the Carroll deal for a full year (and the Meireles sale at the 11th hour for 5 months), and by not panic buying this window the management structure have demonstrated that lessons have been learned and approaches changed. And this is somehow a bad thing?

A loan deal for Tevez until the end of the year is the exact opposite of risky. He comes in and performs anything like he is capable of doing, sweet! If he doesn't, then we can just let him **** off to Argentina and all we're on the tap for is a percentage of his wages for a truncated period.

I expect decent investment in the summer and will be shocked if that doesn't come to pass. But that leaves us time to organise purchases for a time period where players and clubs are more willing to play ball.

Not that it will ever happen mind, have to stop discussing the matter tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I signed Nouble in Fifa when I was playing with some 2nd Division side. He was savage. Just barged through defenders. In FIFA...

Let's sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

eldwaro wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7467389/Striker-rejects-Red-Devils-deal

STRIKER REJECTS RED DEVILS DEAL!!!

this is what pisses me off about sky sports...they know there is sweet FA going on in this window, so they move stuff around to gain attention.. know this headline is within their rights...but some of the other shíte they been saying!

end of mini rant

This is better:

Red Devils eye Pool Striker

LuckyLloyd

You can have your cake and eat it. But if the cake is half mad, unreliable, suffering from god knows what attention deficit disorders, then its not worth having in the first place.

Buying in january is necessarily panic buying . Maybe on the 31st. But the club needs a striker and has had a long time to realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You click on it, they win!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

haha i refuse to click it but indeed a fine example!

• Advertisement

You can have your cake and eat it. But if the cake is half mad, unreliable, suffering from god knows what attention deficit disorders, then its not worth having in the first place.

Buying in january is necessarily panic buying . Maybe on the 31st. But the club needs a striker and has had a long time to realise this.

I wouldn't give a flying fook once he put the ball in the back of the net a few times. We need a striker, a goal scorer, right NOW. If a loan deal fr Tevez is on the cards, we should be jumping through all sorts of hoops to get him.

We have no other strikers coming in, plus we know there'll be no 'settling in' period with him, and he's as good as anyone.

Regardless of what you think about Tevez, he is a superb footballer. Total eejit, but absolute demon up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ahh they are getting desperate .
    Defoe to Liverpool has starting to raise its head again...anyone else hear a Helicopter http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/01/jermaine-defoe-to-liverpool-speculation-grows/

Remember this time last year what happened :eek:

Who knows we could see a massive signing at the 13th hour ;) ...im not saying Defoe is that .

OK, so Tevez is ok if there's no other option.

There are plenty of other options. And the club should be moving heaven & earth for them.

mixednuts wrote: »
    Ahh they are getting desperate .
    Defoe to Liverpool has starting to raise its head again.

Remember this time last year what happened :eek:

Who knows we could see a massive signing at the 13th hour ;)

They're getting desperate???

LFC or the media.

Defoe as a signing today wouldn't suprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

OK, so Tevez is ok if there's no other option.

There are plenty of other options. And the club should be moving heaven & earth for them.

Tevez isn't going to happen.

But just out of curiousity, other than something insanely awesome like Cavanni for €40m, what better options would there be than Tevez on loan for 6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Tevez isn't coming is posted often enough will he come?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Defoe as a signing today wouldn't suprise me.

Not a hope of 'Arry sanctioning such a deal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Tevez isn't going to happen.

But just out of curiousity, other than something insanely awesome like Cavanni for €40m, what better options would there be than Tevez on loan for 6 months?

Heskey :D

Saha supposedly on his way to the Lane:D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Heskey :D
    200px-Yellow_card.svg.png

Lay off Ivanhoe. :mad:

He would fit in quite well with most of our current attacking talent.

• Advertisement

Another goalkeeper :pac:

jeremy_LFC Srijandeep Das
    Swedish international g k Kristoffer Nordfeldt believes he's close to signing for #LFC, is waiting for the deal that will be offered to him.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously, how many GKs have the club on the books? 6,7? must be.

A goalkeeper will see us right. Yes. Another goalkeeper.

mike65 wrote: »

But the real question is - are any of them any good up front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

we're obsessed with them!!

Hansen is expected to leave

Reina
    Doni
    Jones
    Hansen
    Gulacsi
    Ward

Am I missing any?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Thank ****, was starting to get a touch worried about our reserve goalkeeping, with talk of Hansen leaving, Gulacsi out on loan, and with Doni on the bench, we're down to Belford.

Was getting pretty hairy there for a minute.

Don't think they see us as a direct threat.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

amiable wrote: »
    Hansen is expected to leave

Jone is expected to be off the books as well. So the two new keepers are just to replace Jones and Hansen. Though the keepers were old news at this stage though as other sites like RAWK etc had info up about them last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

How the heck did we end up with so many goalkeepers?

the Defoe rumour on loan is starting to surface again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Keep putting up those skybet links they're very entertaining and hilariously funny

PaulieC wrote: »
    Keep putting up those skybet links they're very entertaining and hilariously funny

You are just bitter cuz Barca did not want you. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

PaulieC wrote: »

Thought I'd get away without reading the last page before posting one. How wrong was I. Needed a ninja delete :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement