Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If Kenny was going to resign after one okay season he should have never taken the job in the first place. Same reasoning if FSG are going to sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Take it this has been posted? Gave me a giggle:

suarezbirthday.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Someone texting into the BBC saying we could be looking to scupper QPR's £4m move for Djibril Cisse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd take Lord Cisse back. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Morzadec wrote: »
    Someone texting into the BBC saying we could be looking to scupper QPR's £4m move for Djibril Cisse.
    sarkozy-kenny-i_1010459t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Tusky wrote: »
    Take it this has been posted? Gave me a giggle:

suarezbirthday.gif

Yeah it was posted in the match thread against United. It's very odd to say the least! Is there a reference I'm missing or something?

EDIT: Just remembered it was Suarez's birthday the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah it was posted in the match thread against United. It's very odd to say the least! Is there a reference I'm missing or something?

Maybe Kenny trying to baby/look after Suarez? I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

sammatterface Sam Matterface
    Phil Smith (Agent) has told @talkSPORT that there is no chance Jermaine Defoe will leave #THFC for #LFC... rumours persist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Messi seen outside melwood

messi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Saha to THFC and Defoe here...

could be worse could be Saha here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Messi seen outside melwood

messi.jpg

I knew it

Anyone know what number jersey Cavani is getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

opr wrote: »
    Kyrgiakos could be on his way to Sunderland :pac:

Opr

Yea looks a done deal.

March 10th when we play them is gonna look like a battle out of Brave Heart with him and Carroll battling it out. :)

mixednuts wrote: »
    Yea looks a done deal.

March 10th when we play them is gonna look like a battle out of Brave Heart with him and Carroll battling it out. :)

Rumours that Stoke are interested too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

If Kenny was going to resign after one okay season he should have never taken the job in the first place. Same reasoning if FSG are going to sack him.

John W Henry's balls aren't made of crystal. No manager is guarenteed success. FSG may have appointed Kenny in good faith, but if we aren't any nearer CL football then .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

amiable wrote: »
    Anyone know what number jersey Cavani is getting?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yea looks a done deal.

Going by the ease at which less physical Centre backs handled Carroll this season, my money would be on Soto winning any battles of brawn. At least Carroll should look quick against Soto though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ush wrote: »
    John W Henry's balls aren't made of crystal. No manager is guarenteed success. FSG may have appointed Kenny in good faith, but if we aren't any nearer CL football then .......

I hope his brain isn't made of mush either. If he expected us to qualify for the CL he needs his head examined. We finished 10 points off 4th last year and now we're 6 point off with while already in one cup final. He certainly should be wondering about his purchases but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Barring a total collapse or the season petering out, I can't see it. Unless Dalglish thinks Henry has a better replacement lined up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I hope his brain isn't made of mush either. If he expected us to qualify for the CL he needs his head examined. We finished 10 points off 4th last year and now we're 6 point off with while already in one cup final. He certainly should be wondering about his purchases but that's about it.

If I was John ....all I'd be thinking about is what I'm going to do next to Linda!

Let Tom, Kenny & Damien run the club!

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    If I was John ....all I'd be thinking about is what I'm going to do next to Linda!

Let Tom, Kenny & Damien run the club!

Here's hoping he's gonna buy her that handsome Napoli striker she drools after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Craig Bellamy's African Dream on ITV4 tonight at 9pm. Can be a little bollix on the pitch but does some good charity work.

Interview here aswell. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2093999/Craig-Bellamy-interview.html

K-9 wrote: »
    Barring a total collapse or the season petering out, I can't see it. Unless Dalglish thinks Henry has a better replacement lined up.

You for real? Dalglish is an employee of the club. He doesn't have tenure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lads, seriously, are you kids?

1. no abuse.

2. the lad isn't trolling. GIVING AN OPINION ISN'T TROLLING JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

nobody mentioned a sacking, and it wasn't even necessarily implied.

stop being so precious lads.

i mean FFS, i think Kenny might not be there next year depending on how the rest of the season pans out, and it may be him that does it himself, and i know others that think the same.

am i a troll?

no, now let's get back on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Zenden is supposedly on his way back to sunderland.
    Cisse going to qpr.

Lets reunite the 05 champions league team!
    Someone call Igor biscan...he can do a job in place of lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

retalivity wrote: »
    Zenden is supposedly on his way back to sunderland.
    Cisse going to qpr.

Lets reunite the 05 champions league team!
    Someone call Igor biscan...he can do a job in place of lucas.

Lucas is just keeping his shirt warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Saha is a done deal to Spurs apparently .

Surely Defoe must be on his way out , but to who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

zerks wrote: »
    Can be a little bollix on the pitch

I wouldn't have him any other way, someone post the pic of him squaring up to both Terry and Lampard at the same time. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

If Bobby Zamora goes to QPR, I'd expect Defoe to Fulham

Maybe 'arry paniced and used some "spare" funds to complete the deal. Saha transfer will be like a money laundering scheme?

• Advertisement

You for real? Dalglish is an employee of the club. He doesn't have tenure.

Henry would need the proverbial balls of steel to sack him, barring a total collapse. Seems a measured and calculating fella, not prone to over reaction. There'll always be an excitable element at the club with unrealistic expectations, I don't think that'll influence his thinking.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Henry wouldn't flintch. Would never play poker with the man. He's a walking calculator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone who has been to 2 Carling Cup games are getting a ticket for the final.

1 and your in the Ballot. Looks like I'll be saying a few prayers over the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

SlickRic wrote: »
    lads, seriously, are you kids?

1. no abuse.

2. the lad isn't trolling. GIVING AN OPINION ISN'T TROLLING JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

nobody mentioned a sacking, and it wasn't even necessarily implied.

stop being so precious lads.

i mean FFS, i think Kenny might not be there next year depending on how the rest of the season pans out, and it may be him that does it himself, and i know others that think the same.

am i a troll?

no, now let's get back on topic.

the most abusive language in here is from the mod :P

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Unless Dalglish has enjoyed his return to management so much that he's unwilling to relinquish it I think Liverpool are in an unusually strong position in terms of their flexibility.

Most managers will hang onto the job for dear life until given the boot, primarily (and to a degree justifiably) looking after their own career first and will sever ties with their previous employer to look for pastures new, Dalglish however was moved from another position within the club due to circumstances (Woy) ,and will presumably move back within the structure of the club when he ceases to be the manager. You'd assume that his overriding concern is for the overall good of the club rather than his next job unlike most managers so that if an exceptional manager became a free agent Liverpool would be free to approach him, with their current managers blessing if he thought it augured well for their long term future. This is a very different situation to most clubs where feeling out replacements is done clandestinely and tends to cause fallout if it's leaked (Tottenham/Ramos etc), it also hardly encourages the intended target to see his would be employers shafting the incumbent behind his back.

If Liverpool play it right they could hold out until a dream appointee is free to be brought in rather than the usual system of either waiting for the stars to align in terms of the current manager making himself sackable and a decent replacement being available or the rather more common rushed sacking followed by rash third choice appointee (McCleish to Villa :( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

its up in the air...not the babelcopter, but will we sign anyone...

like...tevez woulda been amazing...but thats hardly going to happen now..

if any deal goes through it will be defoe..but to be honest, cant even see that happening

so is there any way of getting tickets if you are just a normal fan who really REALLY wants to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

K-9 wrote: »
    Henry would need the proverbial balls of steel to sack him, barring a total collapse. Seems a measured and calculating fella, not prone to over reaction. There'll always be an excitable element at the club with unrealistic expectations, I don't think that'll influence his thinking.

Was a 4th spot finish an unrealistic expectation at the start of the season though? I dont think so. It was certainly an expectation of Henry's.

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    so is there any way of getting tickets if you are just a normal fan who really REALLY wants to go?

define normal fan:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wolves game fta on 19e. For anyone who has fta setup move dish to where it picks up German tv.(NOOB explanation I know,for any more info head to foreign satellite thread) http://liveonsat.com/LJ_foot_b_epl_only.php#

The fta feeds are in red on that site,hover on it to get tuning details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

jenno86 wrote: »

Like gold dust so, but fair play - as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

A done deal apparently eh

Why does Defoe have to be on his way out , it's known Harry has been on the lookout for a striker since last summer + Defoes agent has rubbished rumours linking him with a move away.

danniemcq wrote: »

Don't think so.

Unless there are Neutral tickets?

Hoki wrote: »
    A done deal apparently eh

Why does Defoe have to be on his way out , it's known Harry has been on the lookout for a striker since last summer + Defoes agent has rubbished rumours linking him with a move away.

I think Pavlyuchenko is more likely to leave Spurs than Defoe.
    The Saha to Spurs deal apparently hinges on the Jelavic deal to Everton going through.

• Advertisement

jenno86 wrote: »
    Don't think so.

Unless there are Neutral tickets?

I have 2 neutral tickets from another Premier League club promised to me.

There might be corporate tickets available too if you know any business men based in the UK involved with the sponsors or hospitality.

There's always a way in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Sahas dodgy injury record would have me believe Defoe or Pav won't be going anywhere, I think he is purely a back up signing for spurs. We won't sign anyone

Hoki wrote: »
    Sahas dodgy injury record would have me believe Defoe or Pav won't be going anywhere, I think he is purely a back up signing for spurs. We won't sign anyone

I don't think we will sign anyone either.
    If Pav does leave i'd imagine it will be to a club like Sunderland or even back to Russia.
    The Russian window is open til the last week in February AFAIK.

Was a 4th spot finish an unrealistic expectation at the start of the season though? I dont think so. It was certainly an expectation of Henry's.

At the start? No.

I'd have expected to be challenging Spurs which as things seem to be turning out, was unrealistic.

Season isn't over yet! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I had heard about Pavluchenko being on his way before I'd heard Saha was going to Spurs. I think Defoe is staying where he is unless Spurs sign Remy as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement