Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

The Greek is now at sunderland:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ASOT wrote: »
    It wasnt funny when you posted it in the transfer thread and its still not funny now…..

some thought it was, including myself.. grow up, use the ignore function in your head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Just saying and saying it whimsically, if we were to sign defoe tonight (strange he was left outta the squad tonight) his first game would be against spurs wouldn't it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

stick-dan wrote: »
    Just saying and saying it whimsically, if we were to sign defoe tonight (strange he was left outta the squad tonight) his first game would be against spurs wouldn't it. :P

He's injured. Pulled his hamstring last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Defoe is injured ;)

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He's injured. Pulled his hamstring last week

DOH! *FACEPALM*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Carroll-Liverpool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Paging wilmunny.

TrollFaceDancing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone catch the name of that 'pub player' playing tonight?

409407_10150681294597573_67920382572_10816243_1831218914_n.jpg

Get in big man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The same result as last season!

Massive result tonight. Bloody Spurs next though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Good result, didn't expect it considering how we normally do after coming off a few good names. We need to keep up to that level though. Still a lot to do with the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

K-9 wrote: »
    The same result as last season!

Massive result tonight. Bloody Spurs next though!

No better time to play them + we have Suarez back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Great result. Anyone know who got MOTM lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

ANNOUNCEMENT: suarez is back BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

now i was slated for this elsewhere...but ive been saying 6 points isnt a disaster

now its 4

so isnt 4th still doable?

chelski gotta come to us right?

the squad seems happy...adam with an assist, carroll on the sheet, kuyt rebreaking his duck...

LUIS SUAREZ will be back

so...times are good right?

eldwaro wrote: »
    now i was slated for this elsewhere...but ive been saying 6 points isnt a disaster

now its 4

the squad seems happy...adam with an assist, carroll on the sheet, kuyt rebreaking his duck...

LUIS SUAREZ will be back

will be 1 one the weekend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think the win should be enjoyed for what it was - much needed. Andy Carroll may just have turned a corner of some sort in his own head, trouble is Suarez has now finished his 8 game ban and is bound to be started against Spurs.

mike65 wrote: »
    I think the win should be enjoyed for what it was - much needed. Andy Carroll may just have turned a corner of some sort in his own head, trouble is Suarez has now finished his 8 game ban and is bound to be started against Spurs.

Suarez might not necessarly start

eldwaro wrote: »

now its 4

LUIS SUAREZ will be back

Nothing has changed, same as after a bad result steady as she goes. Kenny is building an empire but it will take time and patience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

real banter kickin off over at the city - everton game haha

but i could see kuyt being dropped or bellers rested...carroll wont be dropped...will kill his head and kenny surely will realise that

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Great result. Anyone know who got MOTM lads?
    Dunno, but i'd go for big Andy..scored the goal that got us on our way and forced wolves to open up a bit more. I thought he had a great game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The next 3 league games are huge though - Spurs (h), Utd (a), Arsenal (h). League cup final and FA Cup 5th round in there as well between utd and Arsenal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Reina

Johnson----Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique

Spearing
    Henderson

Gerrard

Bellamy
    Suarez

Carroll

Look forward to that. Hopefully Gerrard is back soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Good result but nothing to get worked up about we should be beating the likes of Wolves 3-0 if we want to be playing CL football next year.

423992_10150681333777573_67920382572_10816317_760475171_n.jpg

Dirka Dirk

Carroll seems to have come to terms with shiz in his head. Looks sharper. Looks like he's giving a good shift last 2-3 games. Credit where its due, well done big lad.

Brian Kettle
    #lfc without Suarez: 7pts out of 15, FA Cup 5th round, League Cup Final and a fit and rested Suarez. Not perfect. But not bad.

Decent for no suarez!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

There in lies the problem though, great result today against one of the "Big" clubs will probably mean Liverpool will go on to lose or draw against Wolves resulting in Liverpool slipping further down the table which will see your already slim hopes of a CL spot fade away even further.

After two great results against City and United, i can see Wolves getting at least a point off ye at Molineux.

LMFAO.........:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

From match threaad
    Good chance of Wolves turning Liverpool over here tonight IMO.

troll-dad.png

5starpool wrote: »
    The next 3 league games are huge though - Spurs (h), Utd (a), Arsenal (h). League cup final and FA Cup 5th round in there as well between utd and Arsenal..

This is what it's all about

Love it !!

5starpool wrote: »
    We will be fine. A storm has been brewing and it's about to be unleashed. Welcome back Suarez.:D

Sorry for all the pictures lads im buzzing for carroll.

404850_340249949340354_118450714853613_1117784_1791366672_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think chelsea are the team to get ahead off for 4th place, and with chelsea coming to anfield last day of the season, the gap only needs to be 2 pts. The goal difference is too big for 3 pts, so **** it,why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Anyone catch the name of that 'pub player' playing tonight?

Fernando Torres?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Morzadec wrote: »
    Fernando Torres?

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I remember saying at the time we bought Carroll it would take him a year to settle in;)

Fernando Torres?
    Lol was about to post the same. 6 goals in a whole year and he's hardly been injured. Has to be the flop of the century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

ASOT wrote: »
    423992_10150681333777573_67920382572_10816317_760475171_n.jpg

Dirka Dirk
    MOTM tonight with Jose a very close second. Great win tonight lads needed that badly. Bring on the next run of very big games :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Was surprised how well Jose played he's been looking tired in the past two games. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Was surprised how well Jose played he's been looking tired in the past two games. Fair play.

Another beneficiary of the battery deal :D

Lol the SSN transfer gimp is trying to make the deadline day sound exciting. Nothing is happening you losers.:pac:

Seen this online
    Man City are starting to look like Arsenal last season, but that's what you get when you sign Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor and Viera."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Henderson.. different class.

I remember saying at the time we bought Carroll it would take him a year to settle in;)

I'd love to see him get a run of goals. His confidence must be up now

Lol was about to post the same. 6 goals in a whole year and he's hardly been injured. Has to be the flop of the century.

STill can'y really understand the arguement that Carroll has been the worse signing.

£90m vs £50m (including wages over the 5 years)
    One has the best years behind him, one has his best years ahead of him.
    One has no resale value, the other does.

Carroll will never be the player Torres was. But the problem for Chelsea is the emphasis on was.

STill can'y really understand the arguement that Carroll has been the worse signing.

£90m vs £50m (including wages over the 5 years)
    One has the best years behind him, one has his best years ahead of him.
    One has no resale value, the other does.

Carroll will never be the player Torres was. But the problem for Chelsea is the emphasis on was.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

He looks like a player who is incredibly well conditioned, shouldn't be too much of a problem to play in consecutive games

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Lol the SSN transfer gimp is trying to make the deadline day sound exciting. Nothing is happening you losers.:pac:

But in fairness your one has brought a couple of friends with her i never really noticed before:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

2 Assists and a goal in 3 games for Carroll.

Kenny pretty complimentary of him in the interview.

Some difference 10 days makes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement