Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My p90x log

Options
  • 17-01-2012 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I moved to the states last June. I've put on way too much weight for my liking. Unfortunately my job is very demanding so I can't always make it to the gym but I can always spare an hour at home so I'll give p90x a try and see if it helps or if it's a load of ****e.

Day One
    Easier than expected. Chest, back & Abs. I didn't want to burn myself out so I just did reps of 10 instead of 30 as shown in the video. Considering there is 12 sets I wanted to ensure I could last the entire thing but to be honest I feel I should have done more. Next time I'm doing this workout I'll do 15 reps instead of 10.

Overall very happy after day one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Best of luck with it. I have seen some of the clips from P90x and they look fairly mental :-) but has great results. Love the Beachbody programmes though - am doing Turbo Fire and will move on to Chalean Extreme soon. Not sure if I'll ever be brave enough for P90x!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Day Two
    Today's workout not so bad. I am ridiculously sore though, especially in my abs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

[-0-] wrote: »
    Day Two
    Today's workout not so bad. I am ridiculously sore though, especially in my abs.

How are you finding the p90x programme in general.
    I started it last week and started week 2 on monday. I thought I was somewhat fit until I did Plyometrics. Its savage but finished my 2nd plyoX yesterday albiet with a couple of pauses on the video :D. Its unreal and I'm looking forward to continuing the programme.
    The ab ripper X is fcukin damn tough :P
    I still have to use the chair on majority of the pullups. I guess it gets easier with time :)
    Best of luck with your programme :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ShabbyIrishDad

Hey,

Really interested in how you guys are getting on. I am currently completing the Insanity programme from Teambeachbody and am thinking of of trying the P90x next. Please keep posting on your progress!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

Hey,

Really interested in how you guys are getting on. I am currently completing the Insanity programme from Teambeachbody and am thinking of of trying the P90x next. Please keep posting on your progress!

Cheers.

How do you find the insanity programme? Which one is it you're doing and how much did it set you back?

• Advertisement

marathonic wrote: »
    How do you find the insanity programme? Which one is it you're doing and how much did it set you back?

I am loving Insanity at the moment. It is tough enough, but I just try to keep up as best I can. What is great is that it is done from the comfort of my own home,
    and at a time that suits me.
    I bought it on ebay, I think it cost around €75. I am thinking of investing in P90x next.

Truth be told I slacked off because I went home to Ireland and had a few nights with too many pints of Guinness! My cholesterol is pretty high (family history) and my uncle just had a heart attack today. He's in his 40s and my cholesterol is worse than his so this was a serious wake up call. He's ok thankfully. Anyway - back to day one today. No issues thus far. I'll let you guys know how I progress. Best of luck to all of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

I'm gonna start my p90x tommorow.anyone else gonna start now with me ? :)

I had to stop the whole p90x thing for a few days as I got 3 teeth out Friday. Starting back yet again tomorrow. Going for a 3 mile run before work as well. Best to hit this week running. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

my 1st wk done. Not a change in my body yet. Just have more energy than usual :) Couldn't move on Wed, but it's alright now :)

• Advertisement

Just a quick update. I'm on week 6 at the moment so getting close to 1/2 way through the programme. I have taken pics on Day 1 & Day 30 and can see some changes. I can feel myself getting stronger and getting more shape. I try to eat healthy enough but its hard to get the diet 100% spot on. I guess that might come with time.
    The hardest sessions so far were Plyo X & Kenpo X
    Looking forward to finishing month 2 and see how things are then.
    My resting heart rate has dropped from mid 70's to high 50's (This is the fittest i have been in a long time)
    Good luck to all who are doing the programme :D

Quick update. My training log has stalled. I was just about to start phase 3 when I fractured my ribs playing soccer. I can't do any training for about 4 weeks or so :(.

Sorry to hear that luckyCharms.:mad:
    2 months into it, did you notice any big change in body shape? Did you alter your diet in any way? I am not sure I would be able to easily change my diet - most of my meals are based around carbs, and I am not sure how I could change this.:confused:

Sorry to hear that luckyCharms.:mad:
    2 months into it, did you notice any big change in body shape?

Hey Shabby

Yeah I noticed a difference in my body shape. I'm naturally of slim build, and because I got lazy over the last year and had built up a bit of a belly. I did notice since the start of the programme I got more toned up and overall shape on the body. The most noticeable change was a greater back definition and arms getting bigger. My diet was the hardest. I kept it strict enough except for dinner.
    I plan to to stick to the diet better when I resume training :D.
    I miss the training :(
    Did you alter your diet in any way? I am not sure I would be able to easily change my diet - most of my meals are based around carbs, and I am not sure how I could change this.:confused:

My diet was the hardest. I kept it strict enough except for dinner.

When I wake up : Protein shake
    Breakfast: Porridge, fruit, wholemeal toast
    Lunch : Soup, Wholemeal bread
    Mid-Afternoon: Fruit/Protein shake
    Dinner: Meat/Veg/Potatoes (most days)
    Evening/Post workout : Protein Shake

Hope this helps
    I plan to to stick to the diet better when I resume training :D.
    I miss the training :(

Advertisement