Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for fish in naas ?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Finding it hard to get decent fish in naas and looking for recommendations.

Also please don't mention the fishmongers in the center, the fish is faarrrr from fresh and stinks before you make it into the shop !!

Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Which fishmongers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Newbridge :)

There is a fishmonger across from the Whitewater on the main street called Nicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

There is a brilliant fishmongers on friary rd in naas its beside the green grocers and dry cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

@foodaholic yes that one ... it is terrrrrrrrrrrible.

@Ballyman hmmm never seen that one, must have a look when I am over there next. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

SCRUB wrote: »
    @foodaholic yes that one ... it is terrrrrrrrrrrible.

I havent used it since nicks fish opened in newbridge but it was always fresh. Its a shame, really nice people who ran it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

I remember the place being good when it opened, but now it smells before going in and I just bought a hake fillet which was defiantly defrosted and not fresh and , sardines that still had the guts left in them ... not good.

cool so nicks fish sounds like the place to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

SCRUB wrote: »
    Finding it hard to get decent fish in naas and looking for recommendations.

Also please don't mention the fishmongers in the center, the fish is faarrrr from fresh and stinks before you make it into the shop !!

Once bitten twice shy and all that.
    There's usually a stall at the farmers market on Saturdays got some nice tuna steaks before.

Advertisement