Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile's 3 months free offer

Options
  • 17-01-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

I noticed today that I have been billed for January and February by eMobile, despite having signed up for their "three months free" offer at the end of October 2011.

I have queried this with Customer Care. I was told at one point that the offer had expired by the time I signed my contract! However, my query is now being dealt with and will hopefully be resolved but I just wanted to let others know in case the same thing has happened to others!

Check your bill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I was billed too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

Crap. It's probably happened to lots of people - they probably haven't even realised yet! I had presumed it would be applied to my bill automatically!

Well customer care have changed the reason they say I am not entitled to it - they first said that they offer had expired when I signed my contract. I responded and told them that the offer had been extended when I signed my contract. I got another email today advising me that although the offer was still available when I signed my contract, it only applied to "Select 300 or higher plans". I'm on Select Unlimited and was assured in store that it applied to my plan.

I've spoken to someone in the store where I bought the phone (who was, I have to say, very helpful and assured me it would be sorted out) so I'll hopefully get it sorted by the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

Exact same thing has happened to me. Each month i ring them and they have a different reason why it wasn't applied but finish up the conversation by telling me they can't do anything about this months charge but the next 3 months will be free.
    The person i spoke to on the phone yesterday initially tried to tell me that last months charge was refunded. I'm waiting on a call back from a supervisor

Exact same thing has happened to me. Each month i ring them and they have a different reason why it wasn't applied but finish up the conversation by telling me they can't do anything about this months charge but the next 3 months will be free.
    The person i spoke to on the phone yesterday initially tried to tell me that last months charge was refunded. I'm waiting on a call back from a supervisor

I have to say that anyone I've spoken to in customer care hasn't inspired confidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

marquise wrote: »
    Hi all,

I noticed today that I have been billed for January and February by eMobile, despite having signed up for their "three months free" offer at the end of October 2011.

I have queried this with Customer Care. I was told at one point that the offer had expired by the time I signed my contract! However, my query is now being dealt with and will hopefully be resolved but I just wanted to let others know in case the same thing has happened to others!

Check your bill!

Hi marquise
    I can see according to this post that a few others have had same issue. Would you be able to PM me your tel no and pin and I will chase this issue for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote: »
    I was billed too :(

Hi Giblet
    Apologies that you have not received this.
    Would you be able to PM me your tel no and pin and I will chase this issue for you also. I should be able to get this resolved.
    Tony

Hi Pelican
    as I posted to other posters on this thread, if you do not get call back, if this is not resolved for you please PM me your tel no and pin and I will be able to get this resolved for you.
    Again my apologies fo rthe mix up.
    Tony

Hi marquise
    I can see according to this post that a few others have had same issue. Would you be able to PM me your tel no and pin and I will chase this issue for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for the response but the manager in my local eMobile store has been very helpful and is looking into it for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

When did the offer expire ??

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    When did the offer expire ??

It was definitely extended for the October bank holiday weekend. According to an email I received from customer care, it expired on the 31st October.

• Advertisement

marquise wrote: »
    Hi Tony, thanks for the response but the manager in my local eMobile store has been very helpful and is looking into it for me.

Thanks for getting back anyway marquise and hope this gets resolved fully. If you should have any further query or issue just let me know.
    Tony

Advertisement