Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting from dublin airport to cork

• 17-01-2012 8:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

this is probably the wrong place to put this in but I dont know where is the right place so the mods can move it. anyway whats the best way of getting from dublin airport to cork. I will be either travelling by train or by bus. So how much would a taxi cost from the airport to either dublin bus station or dublin train station? I will have bags so a taxi is nearly the easiest for that part of the journey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

By Airplane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Get a taxi all the way from Cork to Dublin, saves the hassle of having to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

iirc flying is about the same price as taking the train......maybe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Since you're at the airport, why not fly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Bus from Airport into Dublin. Luas from Jervis St to train station, train to Cork.

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Get a taxi all the way from Cork to Dublin, saves the hassle of having to change.
    He's got to get to Cork first.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

this is probably the wrong place to put this in but I dont know where is the right place so the mods can move it. anyway whats the best way of getting from dublin airport to cork. I will be either travelling by train or by bus. So how much would a taxi cost from the airport to either dublin bus station or dublin train station? I will have bags so a taxi is nearly the easiest for that part of the journey

Get the aircoach, I think its €8 or €9 for a single ticket to the city centre. There may be a direct aircoach from the airport to Cork also.

A taxi, depending on the time of day will be between €25 and €35 to the bus and train station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Think there is a bus from airport to Heuston Station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

SlimCi wrote: »
    Bus from Airport into Dublin. Luas from Jervis St to train station, train to Cork.
    Its easier and cheaper to fly for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Flying is the best option OP.

• Advertisement

He's got to get to Cork first.....:rolleyes:

Ooohhh...well I'm not a physicist but ima pretty sure the journey from Cork to Dublin is the very same as from Dublin to Cork only switched. Innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Its easier and cheaper to fly for some reason.

Can't fly anymore. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

who can you fly with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I heard it was about 3 fiddy +the normal 4.10+2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Get a piece of cardboard and write "CORK" on it,then toddle down to Ballymun with your bags and stick your thumb out...sure ye will be grand..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Bus to belfast at the airport,bus back to dublin,bus to waterford and then to cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Aircoach from dublin airport to cork, takes 3 and a quarter hours. €18 single, €28 return. This is far too serious a question for AH!!!!

who can you fly with?

This crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

just get out as fast as you can and get to a proper city :D

gifted wrote: »
    just get out as fast as you can and get to a proper city :D

london?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get the "747" Dublin Bus from Dublin airport to Heuston, and train from Heuston to Cork. What time do you land in at? Some of the train times can be a tenner to Cork (for those very much off-peak times).

Ooohhh...well I'm not a physicist but ima pretty sure the journey from Cork to Dublin is the very same as from Dublin to Cork only switched. Innit?

Difference: listening to a dubling cabbie or a quork cabbie all the journey.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Why bother going to Cork at all is the real question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

From about 20 to 30 euros

You could get the bus into town from the Airport for about a fiver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

This crowd.

tried that but didnt give me any correct answers as no one seems to fly from dublin to cork anymore. THoughtmaybe there was some crowd I was missing. If I was to get the train which train station would I have to go to in Dublin. houston/ connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Airlink cost 6euro and drops you to Busaras, think Heuston train station is a stop also.

tried that but didnt give me any correct answers as no one seems to fly from dublin to cork anymore. THoughtmaybe there was some crowd I was missing. If I was to get the train which train station would I have to go to in Dublin. houston/ connolly?

You're doing it wrong. I followed the link and found an airline that does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Why bother going to Cork at all is the real question.

Because it's the best place in the world. ;)

SeaFields wrote: »
    Because it's the best place in the world. ;)
    *cough* never the capital *cough*

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to be any flights to Cork from Dublin anymore. I think they went when the new motorway opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Aircoach and Bus Éireann go directly from Dublin airport to Cork.

Doesn't seem to be any flights to Cork from Dublin anymore. I think they went when the new motorway opened.

no the motorway never went,they just take in the roads at night.

they have a big warehouse on the other side of the island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Incorrect : the Cork to Dublin route is fine on the M8, but the Dublin to Cork has the turn off from the M7 that if you are in dreamland forget to take hence ending up in Limerick.

You're doing it wrong. I followed the link and found an airline that does.

Which airline? Because Aer Arann doesn't do that route anymore

Is there anything more condescending than a lmgtfy link... Especially one that gives the wrong answer:rolleyes:

You know you could have actually tried to be helpful.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Bus to belfast at the airport,bus back to dublin,bus to waterford and then to cork.

so your saying go from dublin airport --> belfast, then back to dublin city...as a way to get from dublin airport to dublin cite centre?

wtf :confused:

• Advertisement

IM0 wrote: »
    so your saying go from dublin airport --> belfast, then back to dublin city...as a way to get from dublin airport to dublin cite centre?

wtf :confused:

it's the scenic route.

Is there anything more condescending than a lmgtfy link... Especially one that gives the wrong answer:rolleyes:

Why not try the only other 2 Irish airlines?

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you'll feed him for life.

Second link in the lmgtfy results.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    it's the scenic route.

the hook. you're off it :D

cocoshovel wrote: »

Ryanair and Aer lingus (for which Aer Arann is their regional partner) don't do the route either. According to the Cork airport website there are no airlines who do direct flights between Dublin and Cork.

If you want to fly you have to go via Heathrow.

• Advertisement

Ryanair and Aer lingus (for which Aer Arann is their regional partner) don't do the route either. According to the Cork airport website there are no airlines who do direct flights between Dublin and Cork.

If you want to fly you have to go via Heathrow.

Well then we can mark that option off. Next lets try Bus Eireann, Iarnrod Eireann and JJ Kavanaghs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you'll feed him for life.

Second link in the lmgtfy results.

Was that the 11hr one with Aer Lingus or the shorter hop via Birmingham?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

cocoshovel wrote: »

Aer Lingus
    Ryanair

or

Citijet ?

Not that it makes any difference as none of them fly that route anymore.

None of them want to go to Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

To everyone suggesting getting the Airlink bus - are you all made of money?

Walk out of Arrivals and then get the 16a. It costs only 2.20 Euro for a ticket to the City Centre. From there, head to Busaras and there ye go, bus to LangerLand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The cheapest is probably Aircoach. You can buy a ticket at the airport (pick up point sign posted), but you'll have to change buses in the city centre. The Aircoach will drop you by Trinity and you'll have to walk down towards O'Connel Street to get the next bus. There's a pub with decent enough grub next to the bus stop though. There's a rest stop mid journey, and it seems to take forever to get there.

TBH, I'd probably get the bus into town and a train from Houston :
    SlimCi wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

To everyone suggesting getting the Airlink bus - are you all made of money? Walk out of Arrivals and then get the 16a. It costs only 2.20 Euro for a ticket to the City Centre.

Only if you have *lots* of spare time. Be prepare to spend ages getting a tour of Beaumont and, if it's a weekend, sitting at a junction where no-one will let the bus out.

Also, you'll need to get from O'Connell St to Busaras with our pigeon (but improving) sign posts :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Aircoach actually run direct from Dublin Airport to Cork and are the only company that offer services to Cork from Dublin Airport without having to change. Cost is 28 euro return 18 euro single to/from Dublin Airport airport or 22 return 15 euro single from city.

From Dublin Airport:
    6:30, 8:30, 10:30, 12:30, 14:30, 16:30, 18:30, 19:30

From Dublin City
    7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 20:00

From Cork:
    1.00, 7.00, 9.00, 11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17:00, 19:00

Journey time from Dublin City Centre to Cork 3hrs 45 mins, from airport 4hrs 15 mins.

Other options are the train as given, which is more expensive in most cases but is for sure the quicker way if your happy to pay more and probably the most comfortable.

You also have Bus Eireann but really not worth considering in most cases because they're only six times daily in both directions, (8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm) don't serve the airport and take 40 minutes longer than Aircoach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

The sense of impending doom makes the journey to Dublin a little less relaxing compared to the joyous anticipation as one approaches Cork.

Advertisement