Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Carrot Cake

Options
  • 17-01-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there,

Hope some of you may just help me!
    My friend recently asked me to make a tier of her wedding cake. She wants a carrot cake as one tier. I make my own carrot cake but im just wondering if anyone has ever made a "wedding carrot cake" before?
    What size/dimensions etc and how you might decorate it?!
    Or if anyone has a good recipe I can try out??!

Ive got lots of time to experiment (1 year!!!) but i want it to be perfect so im starting early!!

Thanks so much for any help! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The size/dimensions will depend on the size of the other tiers obviously, has she given you the sizes of these, and if your tier is the top/bottom/middle, round/square etc?

Also just let her know to check with the venue if they accept wedding cakes from non HSE approved kitchens, some hotels have gotten quite strict on this so best to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 riddle_diddle

Good point on the Hotel thing!! Didnt know that.

I understand about the sizes being different for each tier, i was just wondering if anyone had a recipe for certain dimensions etc. im not sure which tier i am yet!! I really just throwin it out there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I haven't tried this but odlums recipes are generally quite nice and they have a wedding carrot cake with measurements for 3 different tin sizes

http://www.odlums.ie/index.php?page=carrot-cake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi riddle diddle, I made a deep 12" tier from this recipe , but with quantities multiplied by three. This amount gave two deep layers with a little left over, enough to trim the cake to the desired matching depth of other tiers.

The recipe multiplies well, use a very big bowl and a powerful hand mixer. Pm me for more advice if you'd like :) on the day it went down really well, cut really well and was totally eaten by the guests, some going for seconds, thirds etc. :)

Advertisement