Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixin Reggae with Trad

Options
  • 17-01-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Im looking for some reggae trad musicians based in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Bob Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

trad wrote: »
    Bob Murphy?

bob murphy who where what? joker!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fishtyfiddle

i prithee do tell.....

im leanin towards a dub/hip/hop trad job in the next while, what you play?

rale dub trad....

im leanin towards a dub/hip/hop trad job in the next while

maith an fear fishtyfiddle,

Do you have a sample I can listen to? guessing your the fiddle?
    Any other payers around you know of I can listen to? or can you name a few so I can research them.

The dub/hip/hop trad = dub/hip-hop/trad? either way the trad be hopping!

I learnt piano/guitar but focusing on vocals at present! I ain't selling myself though, I wanna listen to reggae/trad!

nice to meet you

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fishtyfiddle

bag of sticks from galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 myshka

that is blasphemous and it saddens me that there are people who think it is ok to mix trad and reggae. you should try galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

myshka wrote: »
    that is blasphemous and it saddens me that there are people who think it is ok to mix trad and reggae. you should try galway.

ah why not, sounds like it could work out well, Steve cooney's and Sinead O'Connor's woeked out well. reggae is in 4/4 blending it with a reel might work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

The Peat Bog Faries did a good job of mixing scottish bagpipe music with techno so there is no reason why it wouldn't work.

I've hear a version of the Mason's Apron that slipped in and out of No Woman No Child and it was good.

“There are a lot of musical connections between Irish music and reggae. A few old Irish tunes are very close to reggae rhythms, and there's a huge Irish influence in the Caribbean” Shane McGowan once maintained in an interview.

Thanks keep the suggestions coming researching/listening to them all
    bi go maith

Just found this reel reggae by five hand reel 1976!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 deebee3000

So this has been apart of me for a while. I could slightly hear it before and it got louder and louder, now it wont leave me alone. Not only can it work it will work beautifully. What is your motives for all this.

deebee3000 wrote: »
    What is your motives for all this.

Plain and simple a new genre of music called Parish Pump. Do you play?

Advertisement