Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Signal After Drop

• 17-01-2012 9:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My brother dropped his iPhone 3GS today.
    Since then he has intermittant signal, but the last 2 hours its gone completely.

i put mt sim in and still no signal, which leads me to believe its a handset problem.

Obviously the fall caused it, but what next?
    1. Send it to Apple
    2. get shop in town to repair
    3. any suggestions

Any idea what it could be? broken aeriel etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it in warranty?
    If not then go ahead and either open it up yourself or give it to some local repair shop.
    It can't get worse than it is now...

Look for loose connections and that should do the trick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

biko wrote: »
    Is it in warranty?
    If not then go ahead and either open it up yourself or give it to some local repair shop.
    It can't get worse than it is now...

Look for loose connections and that should do the trick.

well out of warranty biko.
    may have to try open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I reckon the aerial connector popped loose

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I reckon the aerial connector popped loose

is it a clip back in job or a new connector job?
    Or is that a "how long is a piece of string" question, ie. you cant tell until you open it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

More than likely just a clip back in job, think its connector number 7, bottom right hand corner of phone anyway, if the phones been opened before it would be common enough for this to come loose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, the connectors can be a bit fiddly. On the iP4, the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth antenna is attached at the same point as the power connector. I opened mine up and didn't seat it correctly, resulting in very poor Wi-Fi/BT connectivity until I reseated it.

It would definitely be worth opening this up to check that it hasn't popped out of place. Just make sure you have exactly the correct tools when opening it up, and use a small box to hold onto any screws you take out.

Advertisement