Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick business that have put up prices over VAT increase?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

europa11 wrote: »
    Good, not knowing who Ken is I didn't make the link (that and not having had drinks there since the Old Quarter days), but will be happy to support someone with a more realistic notion of the products actual value. I'll skip that coffee ;) roll on Friday.

Anyone else following this example, or is it a solo run? Pleasantly surprised the LVI and Guinness aren't whining about underselling.

Hi Europa,

The LVI and Guinness can't actually tell u what price to sell at.

You can't sell for short periods of time, ie happy hours

So like out in Annacotty we can sell The Black stuff for the month of Guinness @ €2.95, and in town all the time for €3.30

We could do it for a week, couple days or even a full day. Once you start with a price in the morning you must maintain that as your base level and you may only increase it upwards.

I unfortunately know that we not be as popular as some of the other more established pubs in the area with many years of business behind them or more know rugby associated names.

We therefore must put more competitive deals and bargains out there to get people in.

I do not believe in trying to get customers in with offers at certain times and confusing people, when we do a deal its simple and easy to understand. Like the €3.30 offer, its there all the time, even sat nights at 12!!!!

I do also agree with you whole heartedly that some pubs do over charge and must look around and see that people simply cannot spend the amount of money that they used to, and need to change there prices.

However, with all the great value, were making no money!!! Just keeping the business going, people employed and keeping the wolf from the door!!!!

Thanks for the time and support.

Ken O'Connell

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Guinness is €2.95 in Synotts (O'Connells!!) in Annacotty for the month of January as far as I know :D

Its a January Sale, Just like Harvey Normans!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Go KENNY Go :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Can we haggle with you just like Harvey Normans? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Thanks for that informative reply Ken.

More publicans like you, in particular with a similar customer friendly attitude and there might be hope for us yet :) Pity the established pubs (and rugby names:( ) take such a blinkered approach, yet they're usually the most vocal when it comes to bitching about trade being down.

Good luck and look forward to having a few down your way over the w/e. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Rugby names? As in Peter Clohessys who also has select pints at €3? The only other rugby named pubs are Jerry Flannerys, Willie Sextons and the Locke Bar and they alll appear to be doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Just left Fine Wines in Corbally- Empty handed- they have increased their prices a nice bit. Brooklyn East India Pale ale was 2.99 now 3.10, Budvar up to 3.20, smithwicks pale ale up to 2.65 from 2.50 etc,etc. 2%(21-23% vat increase) of 3 euro isnt 11 cent, or 15 cent for the smithwicks.

I went to Tescos where the prices are the same as before the increase!
    The days where people accept gouging are gone........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Gallee wrote: »
    Rugby names? As in Peter Clohessys who also has select pints at €3? The only other rugby named pubs are Jerry Flannerys, Willie Sextons and the Locke Bar and they alll appear to be doing ok.

The select pints have gone up to €3.10 since the VAT increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

You can't sell for short periods of time, ie happy hours

We could do it for a week, couple days or even a full day.

Once you start with a price in the morning you must maintain that as your base level and you may only increase it upwards.

Doesn't that mean so, on the Monday we should only be paying €3 a pint all day long? Or how do you work it?

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Can we haggle with you just like Harvey Normans? :D

If I'm there you can ya, no problem, I'm always on for a deal!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement