Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inconsiderate Bin Men ( From hell )

• 17-01-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Every time I leave my bins out I face the handle towards the street to make it easier for the operator to do his processes. Ok, came home today from work and as usual the wheelie bin parked in the middle of the drive forcing me to park on the side walk forcing a mother and her pram onto the street. Some times and Iv seen then from behind my curtain they just push it away from the truck and it topplers over onto the drive. Now if I was elderly I may have trouble picking it up. Do the not have any consideration for their customers. Next time I will leave the handles facing in and the two bins on each side of the drive, see how they like it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Every time I leave my bins out I face the handle towards the street to make it easier for the operator to do his processes. Ok, came home today from work and as usual the wheelie bin parked in the middle of the drive forcing me to park on the side walk forcing a mother and her pram onto the street. Some times and Iv seen then from behind my curtain they just push it away from the truck and it topplers over onto the drive. Now if I was elderly I may have trouble picking it up. Do the not have any consideration for their customers. Next time I will leave the handles facing in and the two bins on each side of the drive, see how they like it.

Go get 'em tiger.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Rub shit on the handle next time you put it out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm sure if you were a bin man you'd soon get pissed off placing bins back perfectly.Plus the sooner they get it done the sooner they get to prick about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My bin man is from hell too. Instead of picking up the rubbish, he incinerates it to the sound of this music...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

they're probably pissed off because they're binmen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Side walk? Is that like a hipster path?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Hide in your bin on collection morning then jump out and scare them

That will achieve everything

FatherLen wrote: »
    they're probably pissed off because they're binmen

It's not actually too bad of a job to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Don't pay them. End of problem. There's four different operators to choose from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

benwavner wrote: »
    Rub shit on the handle next time you put it out!

Better yet put super glue on it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OP you have so little to be worrying about!!

#firstworldproblems

Don't pay them. End of problem. There's four different operators to choose from here.

yeah we have greyhound,access,some other one and a few lads to throw it in the back of a van and dump it up the mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Better yet put super glue on it :cool:

What about the Ebola Virus, that'd be gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Us Irish
    Its the trivia that upsets us the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

the kunts keep changing what times they come in the morning, somedays can be 6am :eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Hide in your bin on collection morning then jump out and scare them

That will achieve everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - just guessing here - but by chance did you forget to leave them a Christmas card with the price of a drink this year???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Taltos wrote: »
    OP - just guessing here - but by chance did you forget to leave them a Christmas card with the price of a drink this year???

WHAT?!? people dont do that? do you do that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

My bin is always neatly left in by the side so I can easily drive in.
    Doing it for years...

One year I forgot - for the whole year the bins were often placed in a manner where like the OP I had to get out of the car and move the bin... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I have learned the skill of bringing the bin in with the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Silverfish wrote: »
    I have learned the skill of bringing the bin in with the car.

When I got my first car, I tried moving a bin out of the way so I could park outside the office I worked in without actually getting out of the car. I learned that day that the panels on cars dent quite easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Inconsiderate ar*eholes!! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

They are thinking about the next stuff packed wheelie bin they will find and have to empty by hand..get a grip..if it bothers and you tell them and they do it and you give them a bottle of wine for xmas:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Good Point, My Binman leaves the bin right outside the driveway so I have to park on the street, bring the bins in and then get back in my car etc etc...

If I EVER see them doing this I will immediately run the bin over in my car just to make a point but only if they happen to be there at the time.

Either that or I'll wind down the window and make a really loud snort while at the same time saying "WTF is that smell" ??

DUDEEEEE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

...forcing me to park on the side walk...

Really? What stopped you from leaving four wheels on the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

OMG!!!!

They really do this? Well you should throw your shopping down in anger and just walk out of that branch of Lidl.....

... wait, wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

could you not have let the woman with the pram pass before you pulled up. I mean how long does it take you to bring the bin in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Try to look at it from the binman's perspective::):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7GeZ3YmONw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

FatherLen wrote: »
    WHAT?!? people dont do that? do you do that??

my Dad always tips the binman at xmas.... we have 2x recycling bins + 1x organic waste bin + 1x landfill bin but the binmen only charge us for 1x landfill bin & 1x recycling bin.

AES is the bin collection company btw.... Whelan's Bin Collection service are a shower of S@~?es

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

@OP : Ring the collection company and complain about it. Tell them you'll change collectors if it happens again.

Alternatively, hide in a bush with a .303 and blast the dead bodies with p1ss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

LeighH wrote: »
    OP you have so little to be worrying about!!

#firstworldproblems

Well the OP is hardly gonna have third world problems now are they? Ya know with them living in Ireland and all. A lot of this stupid shíte flying about lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah, First World Problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh OP. What's just a few second inconvenience for you is heavily outweighed by their doing hundreds of bins per day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Well the OP is hardly gonna have third world problems now are they? Ya know with them living in Ireland and all. A lot of this stupid shíte flying about lately.

You might be missing the point. It's about perspective. Most first world problems aren't really problems at all, getting your nickers in a twist over your bin pointing the wrong way is squandering the massive good fortune you had to be born where you were, when you were.

OP should relax a little and might find they accidentally become happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

as usual the wheelie bin parked in the middle of the drive forcing me to park on the side walk forcing a mother and her pram onto the street.

Would you not have waited until she passed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In Holland the truck used to do all the picking, emptying and dropping. It was a fairly cushy job being a binman and there were always loads of people applying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

CityBinCo leave you bin back where you left it...for free...no Christmas tips required.

OP, complain, if it doesnt change, switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

I worked at that job a few years ago .
    They do have to put the bins back where they got them .
    If damage is done to someone's car because of where they left them
    They can be held liable .
    The wheelchair association complained about bins being left on pathways too.

The blokes I worked with where very neat and put them back carefully .
    Saying that the other workers couldent give a dam where they left them .

P.s
    Anyone who gave them a tip at christmas
    Got there bins left back at there doors
    And taken out when the forgot to put them out in the morning .
    + lifted when they weren't paid for either .

@ op
    Have you concidered they just hate you ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Ha Ha "Bin Men from Hell" I'd hate to see how upset you'd get if they pissed in your garden or did something bad

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Cut the bottom of the bin and stick it back on loosely with selotape, then fill it to the brim, leave it out at your driveway end on collection day (being careful the bottom section, which is now being loosely held on doesnt fall off) Then when the evil bastard binman comes along to collect it, the bottom will fall off and all the rubbish will spill on to the driveway. He will then have to pick up all the rubbish by hand and place it in the bin truck. He'll be more careful with your bin in future....guaranteed (but you will have to get a new bin first)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IM0 wrote: »
    He's a power ranger. The only explanation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Its not the binmen that bother me, its the fuppin cnuts that leave out overloaded bins causing rubbish to get blown all over the street or torn apart by crows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

CJC999 wrote: »
    Cut the bottom of the bin and stick it back on loosely with selotape, then fill it to the brim, leave it out at your driveway end on collection day (being careful the bottom section, which is now being loosely held on doesnt fall off) Then when the evil bastard binman comes along to collect it, the bottom will fall off and all the rubbish will spill on to the driveway. He will then have to pick up all the rubbish by hand and place it in the bin truck. He'll be more careful with your bin in future....guaranteed (but you will have to get a new bin first)

realistically, he'll just leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

ah come on, these lads have one of the worst jobs going and your expecting your bin to be left back neatly in your driveway, they spend all day with there heads stuck in the back of a smelly bin lorry picking up hundreds of smelly overloaded bins a day, im sure if they start putting all bins back into driveways they wudnt get halfway through the route they should be covering, and it would be a bigger deal if the bin wasnt collected at all, it will take you a minute to step outa your car and move it, and op if dats your only problem in life your doing very well in my book.

GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND MOVE IT LIKE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY DOES.

Advertisement