Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time landlord - minimum items supplied?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

What am I expected to provide e.g. delph,pots and pans, iron/ ironing board, hoover, kettle, toaster and microwave would be standard, I'd have thought but I viewed a couple of rentals with friends lately and there was bugger all, one didn't even have a kettle!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

You already got the answer here in post #3
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76373333

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

odds_on wrote: »
    You already got the answer here in post #3
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76373333

Sorry but while I got lots of advice, thanks, there is no reference to min items necessary. I can't see that on the landlord.com or PTRB site either!

What is the min requirement for kitchen items (at least) if anyone can advise? I am looking at all my stuff mid-pack, wondering what I need to leave.

After talking to a few people, it seems reasonable to leave alimited supply of delph& cutlery, pots and frying pan, kettle, toaster. However, as stated earlier, I have viewed 3flats recently, that supplied NOTHING (between the 3 flats, I think there was 1 kettle, 1 toaster and a few glasses!) - saying that the tenants need to bring their own things.

Advice AGAINST leaving things is that they will invariably be broken/stolen and I run the risk of getting calls to replace. Whereas if the tenant owns them, they might take more care.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

I can tell you from a renters perspective:

If you want a clean flat, a hoover would be nice.
    Otherwise in the Kitchen I'm renting in now, all we got (apart from the fixtures like oven, hob, dishwasher, sink, fridge/freezer and the cupboards), is a Kettle, a Toaster, a microwave and a fire blanket/extinguisher, the rest we brought outselves.

Since I actively cook, I already had pans and pots and knifes and other utensils already, so all I had to get was a few plates and cuttlery, which wasn't a big of a deal, but it may depent on who your target renter may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I think you should judge the minimum amount of items supplied by your monthly rental price.

If you're going to charge much, you have to make your property stand out and be "fully loaded".

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Raladic wrote: »
    I can tell you from a renters perspective:

If you want a clean flat, a hoover would be nice.
    Otherwise in the Kitchen I'm renting in now, all we got (apart from the fixtures like oven, hob, dishwasher, sink, fridge/freezer and the cupboards), is a Kettle, a Toaster, a microwave and a fire blanket/extinguisher, the rest we brought outselves.

Since I actively cook, I already had pans and pots and knifes and other utensils already, so all I had to get was a few plates and cuttlery, which wasn't a big of a deal, but it may depent on who your target renter may be.

Thanks. I planto leave a hoover, definitely. And brush, mop and bucket in hope that the place might be cleaned!
    No iron/ironing board? I was planning to leave those and a clotheshorse - again I thought these were basic but maybe I'm naive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

paddles wrote: »
    Thanks. I planto leave a hoover, definitely. And brush, mop and bucket in hope that the place might be cleaned!
    No iron/ironing board? I was planning to leave those and a clotheshorse - again I thought these were basic but maybe I'm naive...
    No we don't have an iron/board, I think this highly depends on what clothes you wear, so if you were renting out in the middle of the Financial area where ironed shirts are the norm, then maybe it would be a plus.

We bought a clotheshorse ourselves, although it would have been nice if there was one, so good thinking.

But personally, this wouldn't make the difference in "to rent or not to rent" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I got nothing but a hoover, kitchen table with four chairs, some lamps, fridge and an oven with hob, and two sofas and bed

Advertisement