Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 quick questions

• 17-01-2012 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

All is well in Vectra world at the minute bar 2 small issues.

My steering wheel sags slightly to the left while traveling straight. i'm sure its a sign of some hidden past that i dont really care about to be honest. as in when the wheels are pointed straight ahead the steering wheel off center to the left. the car drives in a perfect straight line and there is no tyre wear/ tracking issue. would this be an NCT fail?

also i need a 240oC thermal resistor to fix my fan speed resistor. where could i get one of these without buying online? my local factors and electrical wholesalers are meeting me with blank stares?

thanks for any help as always lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

andyseadog wrote: »
    All is well in Vectra world at the minute bar 2 small issues.

My steering wheel sags slightly to the left while traveling straight. i'm sure its a sign of some hidden past that i dont really care about to be honest. as in when the wheels are pointed straight ahead the steering wheel off center to the left. the car drives in a perfect straight line and there is no tyre wear/ tracking issue. would this be an NCT fail?

also i need a 240oC thermal resistor to fix my fan speed resistor. where could i get one of these without buying online? my local factors and electrical wholesalers are meeting me with blank stares?

thanks for any help as always lads.

Yes if your tracking is off then it will fail NCT, id recommend getting the wheels alligned properly and point out that your steering wheel is off centre so they are aware this needs attention.

Also your final stage resistor. go into opel, part should be around 30 Euro. Sometimes its just handier to go to the dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

You could easily enough just take the steering wheel off and straighten it up.

There is usually about 2 screws and one nut holding it altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

johnos1984 wrote: »
    ... There is usually about 2 screws and one nut holding it altogether
    Whoa!! The two screws bit was OK but there was no need to refer to OP in those shocking terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

see thats the thing, the car drives straight as a die, it isn't driving to the left, so i asume tracking is fine. the wheel is just off center. i was considering removing it and placing it a few splines in the other direction but if it wont fail the NCT i wont bother doing anything, its not "that" bad.

as for the resistor, opel want 75 euro, starving student here :P i can see the damaged part is a 240oC thermal resistor, maplins in the UK sell them for 84p but i havn't a credit card to buy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

as for the resistor, opel want 75 euro, starving student here :P i can see the damaged part is a 240oC thermal resistor, maplins in the UK sell them for 84p but i havn't a credit card to buy online.
    Have you a friend/family member with one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

.. i can see the damaged part is a 240oC thermal resistor, maplins in the UK sell them for 84p but i havn't a credit card to buy online.
    Try Maplin Ireland, Peats Dublin, Radionics, etc and get the soldering iron out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Living in a house with a bunch of very old fashoned people, me and dad have laser cards but they dont really be any use for buying onine.

Didn't know maplins had shops in ireland, thanks! i see they have one in blanchardstown, i might be able to stop in there thursday morning hopefully, made my day that has! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

get the part no. from maplin uk and head on down to maplin near you and they will order it for you have done it many times with them..

Advertisement