Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with a Double din

• 17-01-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm looking to buy a good brand double din. I would prefer it not to be chinese product. Amazon in the U.S are far cheaper than the Amazon uk. Are these compatible for the european market and if so has anybody had any experience with them. Would appreciate your opinions or experiences in any case.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you need to see with the tuner what incriments the frequency changes up in. as in you may not be able to hear certain channels properly as it won't tune into 91.4, only 91.5 or whatever.

bands themselves will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Asides from any differences in the models sold here and the US. You'd most likely have to pay import duty on anything you order from amazon.com which would add ~25%

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nesswill

Thanks for that, would the dvd player be compatible or does this also depend on which brand you choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How much are you willing to spend? I bought this last week, cost me €250 delivered from the UK:
    http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/15056.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i have a pioneer avic f7010bt that i got in the states. its a great bit of kit, ipod connection, bluetooth, satnav, sd card slot, reverse camera connection etc.

as above the radio stations dont tune in the same but i can still pick up most of the stations manually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

dvd player would be a different region,wont play disc's from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

kingerae86 wrote: »
    dvd player would be a different region,wont play disc's from here
    thats true too but mine plays videos from my ipod with no problems :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

im getting a Dynavin, half the price of most kenwood units and has a whole lot more. Its the best OEM looking unit for BMW E46 on the market, ohh but is chinese :O

Who cares? its running android!

BDJW 250 sounds ok to me, to be honest one the most important features to me is for it to be compatible with a reversing camera, does this unit do this. Also are you happy with quality of picture etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

nesswill wrote: »
    BDJW 250 sounds ok to me, to be honest one the most important features to me is for it to be compatible with a reversing camera, does this unit do this. Also are you happy with quality of picture etc

You would be best off emailing that online shop about the reversing camera. I haven't received my headunit yet, it was posted this morning thouhg

• Advertisement

Excellent i'll do that so. Thanks for all the help lads:)

Advertisement