Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social welfare for private school teachers

• 17-01-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

hi,

im wondering if anyone here knows what, if any, entitlements are there for teachers in private schools whos hours have been cut?

i work three days and that is still the same but cuts to my hours mean i am now down €200 a month which is crippling me financially.

i have heard there is a possibility i can claim for the other two days i dont work...does anyone know if this is correct?

thanks

(ps i am entitled to sign on christmas, easter and summer and always have, i get paid by the hour)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

hi there,
    i'm open to correction but as far as i know,
    you can still claim jobseeker's benefit whilst working 3 days a week.
    fill in the forms, and i think you will have to submit confirmation from work that you are only working 3 days a week and you will also have to submit 6 recent payslips
    as i said, i'm open to correction - obviously the social welfare office should be able to advise....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

hi there,
    i'm open to correction but as far as i know,
    you can still claim jobseeker's benefit whilst working 3 days a week.
    fill in the forms, and i think you will have to submit confirmation from work that you are only working 3 days a week and you will also have to submit 6 recent payslips
    as i said, i'm open to correction - obviously the social welfare office should be able to advise....

great thank you...i hope you are right...ill get on to the guys in my local office tomorrow with fingers and toes crossed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

should have said, that because you are earning, i assume it will be means tested somewhat, although again open to correction.
    my only experience is that i was once paid over the summer for what amounted to 5 hours but i didn't qualify for a part payment under jobseekers because that was spread out over 4 days not 3!!

Advertisement