Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI cable PS3 problem?

• 17-01-2012 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently sharing a HDMI between my sky box and my PS3(taking it in and out) and right now, its not working with the ps3 at all. And before it was, it was flickering all the time, black, then not coming back on, so I'd have take the cable in then out. Any help?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm currently sharing a HDMI between my sky box and my PS3(taking it in and out) and right now, its not working with the ps3 at all. And before it was, it was flickering all the time, black, then not coming back on, so I'd have take the cable in then out. Any help?

Seperate cables - less stress on swapping in - out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know, but I can't afford it right now :(

I know, but I can't afford it right now :(

< €5. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

You can get HDMI cables in €2 shops if you're that stuck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

The connection on the back of the ps3 could be knackered with the constant plugging in and out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't think so, the sky box is doing it now too. I've got it working in the sky box, so I'l just buy another HDMI cable for the PS3. If the hdmi connection port is knackered, what can I do about it?

I don't think so, the sky box is doing it now too. I've got it working in the sky box, so I'l just buy another HDMI cable for the PS3. If the hdmi connection port is knackered, what can I do about it?

I'd imagine it's repairable - if it is an issue, ring usual repair places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

i have seperate HDMI cables for my PS3 and sky but I get problems switching from one to the other..

the philips tv says format not recognised or something like that and other times the display is unrecognisable, I have to switch back to sky and then back to the PS3. Nothing a button wont fix on the remote but still annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

The HDMI cable you are using could be getting electro-magnetic interference from other devices. Try a better shielded HDMI cable. I bought a triple shielded cable from amazon for £9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CharlesKyle012

PlayStation 3 can be connected with several kinds of external devices, such as Video iPod, Sony Memory Stick, CF Card, SD Card, Mini SD Card, Hard Disk and USB Flash Drive. So you can add your loved compatible-videos to the devices and play them on PS3.
    If you don’t have a PS3 compatible-video file, you could download the 4Media PS3 Video Converter or 4Media DVD to PS3 Converter from www.mp4converter.net and convert your un-compatible video files to PS3 MP4 video. That is to say all kinds of video formats could be played on PS3 by converting them to PS3 MP4 video with this software.

Multiroom HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

PlayStation 3 can be connected with several kinds of external devices, such as Video iPod, Sony Memory Stick, CF Card, SD Card, Mini SD Card, Hard Disk and USB Flash Drive. So you can add your loved compatible-videos to the devices and play them on PS3.
    If you don’t have a PS3 compatible-video file, you could download the 4Media PS3 Video Converter or 4Media DVD to PS3 Converter from www.mp4converter.net and convert your un-compatible video files to PS3 MP4 video. That is to say all kinds of video formats could be played on PS3 by converting them to PS3 MP4 video with this software.

Multiroom HD

Well ain't that useless and has no relevance to the title thread !!
    Oh look you are banned....

Advertisement