Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen power washer

• 17-01-2012 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

My father's power washer was stolen last Wednesday week in Roscommon. Its the type you hook up to a pto. I don't have a make but it was probably a Hawk.

Would appreciate a pm if anyone is offered one in suspicious circumstances. He paid €750 for it but I expect it will be offered for sale for alot less.

hawk pto washer.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

it could be the same ****ers that stole the massey.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2904712

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

jeez bad enought to have a power washer taken, but a tractor loader and bale splitter, thats some blow. just thinking, most farmers leave keys in their tractors. I definately do and am gone all day, if my tractors were robbed with keys in them would insurance still pay you?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

sure you dont need a key to start most tractors.
    My 05 MF can be started with a pen knife.

I remember we used to start the old MF135 by crossing the starter terminals with a screwdriver years ago.

Are any of the newer tractors fitted with any type of starter immobilizer mechanism with a chip in the key like whats used in cars for the last number of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

An easy and cheap way off securing a tractor is to put a isolater switch on the live power lead some were it cant be seen, we have it on our tractor and fools plenty off ones even when they come to borrow it,:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

massey265 wrote: »
    An easy and cheap way off securing a tractor is to put a isolater switch on the live power lead some were it cant be seen, we have it on our tractor and fools plenty off ones even when they come to borrow it,:rolleyes:

the switch should be on the negative not the the +

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

snowman707 wrote: »
    the switch should be on the negative not the the +

is this so they cant jump start with another battery on the starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

regarding immobiliser for a tractor / mini digger I have seen a simple tracker which when fitted with a SIM card will send a text to your phone telling you where the tractor is located

http://v2.ir.sparex.com/ItemDetails/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=25787

well worth it if your worried about a tractor disappearing

Advertisement