Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom

Options
  • 17-01-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

My contract is up with Eircom in less than 30 days and I want to cancel it then.
    I called to do this and the guy told me that I need to let my contract finish, and then give an additional 30 days notice!

Is this correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Cato85,

Thanks for post. I hope that you will continue with eircom in the future. If you have any problem relating to your account or if you need help with Customer Care or Broadband Support, etc., just let me know.

In competitive terms eircom now offer some great valued added services like eircom SportsHub - live Sports, plus MusicHub (which is proving a great popular success). There are also great plans ahead as eircom move into the IP technology based ventures like IPTV.

You have a right to cancel your eircom contract when you want. However eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. If you contact our service team on 1800 242 633 they will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department. Eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days prior.

Let me know if you need further assistance,

Regards,
    Ant
    Cato85 wrote: »
    Hi,

My contract is up with Eircom in less than 30 days and I want to cancel it then.
    I called to do this and the guy told me that I need to let my contract finish, and then give an additional 30 days notice!

Is this correct?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cato85

Hi Ant,

Thanks for your reply.

What's confusing me is why do I have to wait until my contract runs out before I can give 30 days notice?
    This is what I was told by someone on the cancellation team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What is the cancellations email address Ant ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Hi Ant,

My contract is not due to end untill Nov of this year I think. I pay something of it weekly but it is and its getting tough to pay the bill on time so it ends up carrying over to the pay period. I was told if I did want to cancel the contract now I would have to pay the equilivant of 3 pay periods to cancel it before the contact ends.

I want to get onto the emobile broandband only as its alot cheaper than im currently paying. Do I have my facts right in what im saying?

Hi Gareth2011,

Thanks for your post. PM me with your eircom phone or Account number and I will look at your current contract.

Kind regards,
    Ant
    Gareth2011 wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

My contract is not due to end untill Nov of this year I think. I pay something of it weekly but it is and its getting tough to pay the bill on time so it ends up carrying over to the pay period. I was told if I did want to cancel the contract now I would have to pay the equilivant of 3 pay periods to cancel it before the contact ends.

I want to get onto the emobile broandband only as its alot cheaper than im currently paying. Do I have my facts right in what im saying?

• Advertisement

Hi Cato85,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

As advised above, you have the choice to cancel your eircom account anytime. The longer you're into your contract, the less of the cost remainder you have to pay. Customer Care will always advise you on the status of your contract if you decide to go through with this. They will also give you the cost of the cancellation penalty at that particular time.

Terms and conditions are always given, with every customer contract, when you sign up or verbally agree in the first place. Cancelling a contract before it is finished will acrue a penalty, which is determined by the time that you have already been on the contract. The normal length of time of a contract is 12 months or 18 months.

Again, you can decide to cancel your eircom Account when you wish. It sometimes makes more sense to wait for the contract to end first.

Please call 1800 242 633 for further assistance on this.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Cato85 wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

Thanks for your reply.

What's confusing me is why do I have to wait until my contract runs out before I can give 30 days notice?
    This is what I was told by someone on the cancellation team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I was told on the phone it was 10 days.! (before xmas in fact)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

BengaLover wrote: »
    I was told on the phone it was 10 days.! (before xmas in fact)

Hi BengaLover
    Apologies if you were advised of a ten day cancelation period? Was this to cancel a fixed line account? All cancelation periods are set at 30days notice. The 10 day period applies to new line or new broadband provide times.
    If you would like me to check your details and PM me your tel no and account I would be happy to do so for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭The Westerner

Hi BengaLover
    Apologies if you were advised of a ten day cancelation period? Was this to cancel a fixed line account? All cancelation periods are set at 30days notice. The 10 day period applies to new line or new broadband provide times.
    If you would like me to check your details and PM me your tel no and account I would be happy to do so for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony. PM sent re similar query as BengaLover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Tony. PM sent re similar query as BengaLover.

Hi The Westerner,

As per your previous query. I checked with cancellations dfirectly and they confirmed they received the cancellation request on the 05/01/12. I apologise if the agent stated a 15 day time-frame as it always has been a 30 day notification period since the notice process came into effect?

I can assure you the account will be fully cancelled by the 05/02/12.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭The Westerner

Hi The Westerner,

As per your previous query. I checked with cancellations dfirectly and they confirmed they received the cancellation request on the 05/01/12. I apologise if the agent stated a 15 day time-frame as it always has been a 30 day notification period since the notice process came into effect?

I can assure you the account will be fully cancelled by the 05/02/12.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, PM sent.

Mark, PM sent.

Hi Westerner,

The account was ceased in full today, I PM you with the details.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3 siobhan mcgee

Hi Cato85,

Thanks for post. I hope that you will continue with eircom in the future. If you have any problem relating to your account or if you need help with Customer Care or Broadband Support, etc., just let me know.

In competitive terms eircom now offer some great valued added services like eircom SportsHub - live Sports, plus MusicHub (which is proving a great popular success). There are also great plans ahead as eircom move into the IP technology based ventures like IPTV.

You have a right to cancel your eircom contract when you want. However eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. If you contact our service team on 1800 242 633 they will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department. Eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days prior.

Let me know if you need further assistance,

Regards,
    Ant
    hello I only signed up to eircom brodband 9 days ago and I was fed a lode of lies by the guy who called to my door who worked for eircom..one of the lies he told me was I can opt out of the contract at any time ..but when I called I was told I signed a 12 month contract ..and pritty much called a lier when I told the girl I was told by this guy from eircom who called to my house that I can cancle at any time.now want to do that because I am moving house on April 1st ..which I didnt no at the time I signed up. so where does this leave me now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 siobhan mcgee

Hi Westerner,

The account was ceased in full today, I PM you with the details.

Thanks, Mark
    hello I only signed up to eircom brodband 9 days ago and I was fed a lode of lies by the guy who called to my door who worked for eircom..one of the lies he told me was I can opt out of the contract at any time ..but when I called I was told I signed a 12 month contract ..and pritty much called a lier when I told the girl I was told by this guy from eircom who called to my house that I can cancle at any time.now want to do that because I am moving house on April 1st ..which I didnt no at the time I signed up. so where does this leave me now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Hi Mark,

I phoned to cancel my phone+broadband account on 13-Feb and requested a reply confirming it was being actioned. I have not heard anything, can you confirm if my account is actually flagged for closure and what date is on the system. I will PM you my account number,

Thanks

Alan

alanceltic wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

I phoned to cancel my phone+broadband account on 13-Feb and requested a reply confirming it was being actioned. I have not heard anything, can you confirm if my account is actually flagged for closure and what date is on the system. I will PM you my account number,

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

I checked with cancellations and they confirmed that they received the e-mail on the 13/02/2012 so the cancellation of the broadband and line will be issued on the 13/03/2012.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Hi Alan,

I checked with cancellations and they confirmed that they received the e-mail on the 13/02/2012 so the cancellation of the broadband and line will be issued on the 13/03/2012.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nike319

Hi Mark,

I signed up to UPC last week. Number has been ported over from Eircom and everything. I was just wondering could you check if my cancellation is going through with Eircom.

nike319 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

I signed up to UPC last week. Number has been ported over from Eircom and everything. I was just wondering could you check if my cancellation is going through with Eircom.

Hi nike319

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and I can check that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 acolem

If anyone has an email address to send cancellation letter to for eircom could you give it to me, its quicker than the post!
    Thanks

• Advertisement

acolem wrote: »
    If anyone has an email address to send cancellation letter to for eircom could you give it to me, its quicker than the post!
    Thanks

Hi acolem,

I responded to your PM, if you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Hello,
    Can someone pm me the cancellation email address for eircom please.
    Thank you.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Hello,
    Can someone pm me the cancellation email address for eircom please.
    Thank you.

Hi XsApollo,

Thank you for your post.

The following steps are laid out by eircom as the necessary process in order to cancel your phoneline or broadband account.

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. If you contact our service team on 1800 242 633 they will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department. Eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days prior.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Thank you for the reply Ant.

I have already went through the phone process and got the postal address to post a letter.
    On thinking after the phone call i would rather email instead , makes more sense :)
    Thought it might be easier to get it off here if possible rather than phoning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Can someone who has gotten the email address of the cancellation department please post it on the forum here for me?

Eircom for some reason do not seem to want to publicly supply this information which is a little perplexing to say the least.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

iPhone. wrote: »
    Can someone who has gotten the email address of the cancellation department please post it on the forum here for me?

Eircom for some reason do not seem to want to publicly supply this information which is a little perplexing to say the least.

Hi iPhone

This email is provided to customers once they have advised support of their intention to cancel. I understand that having an email address may seem like a short cut however any mails received by the relevant section, without following the steps underlined above cannot be actioned. This actually creates more delay for the customer who may consider that they have now cancelled their account.
    This is the reason the email address is provided by and within the correct process.

If you have any problem with this procedure PM me your details and I can see if we can help here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Djawl

If you change to a new provider, well beyond your contract finishing, and think that the new provider acting as your agent, giving Eircom the 30 days cancellation notification, will do the job - WRONG -. You will receive a lovely parting shot from Eircom. They will still keep charges in lieu of one months notice. They have three different excuses to keep your money, so be very careful.

I was caught myself after being faithful to Eircom for 33 years. And if your account is in credit you will be waiting a long time for your money back - I am waiting two months so far and they keep ignoring my emails. I moved to Smart and even with Eircom retaining charges and leaving me wait for my money I am already saving money after my move.

I have also now changed my mobile from Eircom and my sons have done the same. Free at last, and WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

iPhone. wrote: »

phonecancellations@eircom.ie

and this is the reply you'll get-

Thank you for your e-mail.

Two important points for your attention:

[*] Please do not reply to this e-mail as this e-mail address is automated and replies will not be generated.
      [*]You must quote your account number (an eight-digit number which appears on the top of the first page of your bill) in your e-mail. This is to confirm that your are the account holder. We cannot act on any e-mail that does not include the account number as to do so would risk acting without the authority of the account holder. If you have neglected to include your account number in your original mail, please re-send it with the account number included.

If you have requested the cessation of your account (all lines and services including Broadband if applicable) this will take place 30 working days from today.
      Please note that if you have Broadband, this will be ceased two to three days in advance of the cessation of the account itself. This is for technical reasons to facilitate the cessation and is unavoidable. We hope that this will not inconvenience you unduly.

If you have requested the cessation of only your Broadband service -leaving your line(s) and other services active- this will be done 30 working days from today.

It should be noted that whilst we endeavour to meet the timelines above, it may sometimes be necessary to cease services a little earlier or later but this will only be in exceptional circumstances.

We would like to thank you for your custom and we hope that we can be of further assistance to you in the future.

Kind regards,

The Account Administration Team

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Have also tried to cancel - spent 15 minutes on hold on two seperate occasions.
      Also emailed the info address - received a case number and that it would be replied to within 24 hours - over 2 days waiting and still nothing.

Tried that email address above - it bounced back...:mad:

• Advertisement

Have also tried to cancel - spent 15 minutes on hold on two seperate occasions.
      Also emailed the info address - received a case number and that it would be replied to within 24 hours - over 2 days waiting and still nothing.

Tried that email address above - it bounced back...:mad:

Thanks for your post.

Can you PM your case number and I will look into your query.

Kind regards,
      Ant

Advertisement