Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theneghan

Hello, after 8 years with Eircom we cancelled our broadband & telephone line with them. No issues until we just received a fill for over 500 euro (for early cease charges?)! We are well past the original 12 month contract & have never signed anything since. My understanding was that we had a minimum of 30 days notice to cancel. Very disappointed at this treatment after so much time. Cannot believe that this is how they treat customers who never got the service they were meant to be getting ... Any advice welcome - I have already cancelled the direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

theneghan wrote: »
    Hello, after 8 years with Eircom we cancelled our broadband & telephone line with them. No issues until we just received a fill for over 500 euro (for early cease charges?)! We are well past the original 12 month contract & have never signed anything since. My understanding was that we had a minimum of 30 days notice to cancel. Very disappointed at this treatment after so much time. Cannot believe that this is how they treat customers who never got the service they were meant to be getting ... Any advice welcome - I have already cancelled the direct debit.

Thanks for your post theneghan,

If you PM your eircom Account number I will investigate this.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Djawl

I would be VERY VERY careful with Eircom.

I should not have payed my "last bill" but waited a few days for the "FINAL bill", and then, I could have seen what Eircom was charging in an underhanded way. Then, I could have payed what was correct and let Eircom feel caught instead of me being actually caught.

Also, please remember, when you give account number to an Eircom representative, you are giving your full name, address, telephone number. I just do not trust Eircom after their treatment of me (this is not a reflection on the representatives personally but on the company).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RCT1988

i recently switched over to vodafone for cheaper rates and eircom sent me a bill for 670euro for "early cancelation fee". im with eircom nearly 2 years. restarting my so called contract for a slightly better package deal i recently received. i owe about 170 from a previous bill that brought the final bill to 670euro. ill pay the 170 but as for the remaining 500 it will die with me. i pay in the post office, no direct debit. i felt sick seeing that bill. absolutely shocking behavior for a competitive market company. PS vodafone broadband sucks ass. NEVER GET IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

RCT1988 wrote: »
    i recently switched over to vodafone for cheaper rates and eircom sent me a bill for 670euro for "early cancelation fee". im with eircom nearly 2 years. restarting my so called contract for a slightly better package deal i recently received. i owe about 170 from a previous bill that brought the final bill to 670euro. ill pay the 170 but as for the remaining 500 it will die with me. i pay in the post office, no direct debit. i felt sick seeing that bill. absolutely shocking behavior for a competitive market company. PS vodafone broadband sucks ass. NEVER GET IT.

Hi RCT1988,

If you could PM me the eircom account number I can look into this. From what you say, you changed package recently which resulted in a new contract being added to the account. I can check and confirm the exact dates so you know where the charge arose. The amount sounds high in comparison so I would imagine the new contract only started very recently. Send on the details and I'll look into it for you.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

hi james
    i know that is exactly the reason. eircom never told me that it would reset my contract to an additional 12 months. if i had known this then i would never have switched over. assumed then my contract break fee would be around 50euro.

hi james
    i know that is exactly the reason. eircom never told me that it would reset my contract to an additional 12 months. if i had known this then i would never have switched over. assumed then my contract break fee would be around 50euro.

RCT1988 wrote: »
    hi james

Hi RCT1988

I can have the call checked to see if the agent never advised you of the new 12 month contract. Can you PM me your account number?

Thanks
    Linda.

(logged in as Ant)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hi guys, I have been an Eircom customer for roughly 6 years or so. I moved house back in May this year, and brought my account with me. I was made fully aware that on moving the account to the new address, i would be signed up to a new 1 year contract.

Now, I am more than likely going to move to WiMax for my phone and broadband services, because every other provider uses the Eircom infrastructure. The reason being, I currently pay for 8MB NGB due to the massive monthly download allowance (250GB IIRC), but am only on a 2MB service. This is due to the quality of the line from the exchange into the property. I was just wondering if someone could inform me as to the potential cost to have the account cancelled

Hi guys, I have been an Eircom customer for roughly 6 years or so. I moved house back in May this year, and brought my account with me. I was made fully aware that on moving the account to the new address, i would be signed up to a new 1 year contract.

Now, I am more than likely going to move to WiMax for my phone and broadband services, because every other provider uses the Eircom infrastructure. The reason being, I currently pay for 8MB NGB due to the massive monthly download allowance (250GB IIRC), but am only on a 2MB service. This is due to the quality of the line from the exchange into the property. I was just wondering if someone could inform me as to the potential cost to have the account cancelled

Hi SolvableKnave

Your cancellation fee would depend on your existing package charge you pay either monthly or bi-monthly. As you have moved in May this year you would be charged the remainder for your contract up to May 2013. Generally it would probably be best to wait until your contract has expired otherwise you would be paying for two services (eircom cancellation fee and wixmax services). If you could PM me your account number I can look into this for you?

Thanks
    Linda

(logged in as Ant)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 cookieincork

Cato85 wrote: »
    Hi,

My contract is up with Eircom in less than 30 days and I want to cancel it then.
    I called to do this and the guy told me that I need to let my contract finish, and then give an additional 30 days notice!

Is this correct?

Thanks

I have just got off phone from Eircom, as i want to cancel my home account...
    Was told i need to email and give 30 day notice...
    But email address is failing...
    phonecancellation@eircom.ie
    can anyone advise if this is the RIGHT adddress...
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cookieincork

I have just got off phone from Eircom, as i want to cancel my home account...
    Was told i need to email and give 30 day notice...
    But email address is failing...
    phonecancellation@eircom.ie
    can anyone advise if this is the RIGHT adddress...
    Many thanks

i tried again-added s to end of cancellation...
    IT WORKED

Advertisement