If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 5.1 system (for use of movies/games - ps3)

Options
  • 17-01-2012 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

New to the board but have been looking around (on here and as many other sites as I can think of). Thought I would ask for an opinion, what would be the better set-up an all in one 5.1 (amp & speakers) or buy separate amp and speakers. I'm thinking the 2nd option as it is more upgradable if it comes to it.

I have been looking into Onkyo mostly but not having a decent demo can't judge them, also seeing Dennon and Yamaha come up a lot for the receivers as for speakers I haven't got a clue.

Budget would be up to a max of £1000

Thanks in advance Matt

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Matt.

Thanks for getting touch with us here at RicherSounds.

The best option would be seperates over the all in one box systems.

Have a look at the following setup which would be fantastic!!!

Onkyo TXNR609 priced at £379.95 (Product of the Year)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr609/onky-txnr609-blk

Monitor Audio Vector Pack at the cracking price of £399.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/vector-5.1/moni-vector-5.1-blk

Total £779.95. This would leave a few quid for cables etc...

Let me know what you think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mizzle

Thanks for the reply, and strangely that was a combo I was looking into and at that price it seems almost to good to miss. The only other questions are will this combo also be good with music (doesn't have to be amazing but I do like to play the odd bit on the PS3/mp3 players) and is there anyway to listen to this set-up perhaps?

Thanks Matt

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Matt.

This would sound good also for music via your PS3 or MP3 Player.

If you call to the store I could let you hear the set up running in 3.1 as I don't have the space to connect up the full 5.1 :( This would still give a good indication of sound quality.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.