Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I wait for new processors?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I was gonna buy a i5 2500 off kompplett for 195.00 and i just seen that new cpus are releasing soon. How much will prices come down by when that happens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'd guess about €50 at absolute most for something like the 2500K, and even then, it'll take a while. They'll drop a bit, before launch, to clear stock and that, but probably not by that much.

Where you can get one VERY cheap will be on Adverts closer to launch. There's always people wanting the latest and greatest. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Ah grand but id be a bit weary of buying a cpu 2nd hand :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I wouldn't. They're extremely easy to test for stability, and you know almost straight away if it's going to work at all or not. Not like with an SSD or RAM or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Buy now, could be 4 weeks or 12 weeks before they come out.

Even if yah save 40 yoyos waiting, thats like 10 pints out , drink one less a week and bam thats the mula saved !

Advertisement