Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I trade in my 3GS for money off a new iPhone?

• 17-01-2012 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to trade in a 3GS for money off a new iPhone? I'm considering upgrading to the 4S and someone suggested I could trade my exiting iPhone in and get some money off a new one.

My 3GS was bought from O2 but then unlocked legally and I use it all the time on Vodafone now. If buying a new iPhone, I'd want an unlocked one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

G-Money wrote: »
    Is it possible to trade in a 3GS for money off a new iPhone? I'm considering upgrading to the 4S and someone suggested I could trade my exiting iPhone in and get some money off a new one.

My 3GS was bought from O2 but then unlocked legally and I use it all the time on Vodafone now. If buying a new iPhone, I'd want an unlocked one.

Im not sure about the trading in, but you coud always sell it on adverts.ie
    Or if your near dublin, you could trade it into the CEX store,
    http://ie.webuy.com/
    depending on the iphone (memory, condition) you can get between 197-247€ cash for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

mcw92 wrote: »

Sell it on adverts.ie as said above, you will get much less if you trade it in have a look over there and see how much one similar to your iPhone is being sold for this will give you some idea on how much to expect from the sale,whilst there have a look for the 4s see how much there making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Providing its oficially unlocked(I assume that's what you mean by legally unlocked)
    If its a mint example with box, headphones, charger you'll get up to €200 on adverts.
    If its a company buying to resell expect no more than €100-€120 for a 16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

If the contract is finished O2 will unlock it for you and it will be worth more/easier to sell.

Just ring customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

O2 unlocked it for me so it's a genuine unlocked phone, not something that's hacked.

It's a 32GB 3GS.

• Advertisement

Providing its oficially unlocked(I assume that's what you mean by legally unlocked)
    If its a mint example with box, headphones, charger you'll get up to €200 on adverts.
    If its a company buying to resell expect no more than €100-€120 for a 16gb

If its mint condition you get 247€ on cex,
    http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAPPIPH3GS32GB3A
    if its good condition 233€
    http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SAPPIPH3GS32GB3B

im going trading in my one one of these days up there, hopefully get 227, locked to vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I can't see them paying that, those prices must be months old.
    If anyone has traded in this year can they confirm what they got?
    Have a look at what envirophone.ie are offering, I sold a brand new in box for €200 privately last week and I think I was dam lucky to get that. Used I'd usually sell for €150/180 privately max regardless of size.

I can't see them paying that, those prices must be months old.
    If anyone has traded in this year can they confirm what they got?
    Have a look at what envirophone.ie are offering, I sold a brand new in box for €200 privately last week and I think I was dam lucky to get that. Used I'd usually sell for €150/180 privately max regardless of size.
    I emailed them last week with a quote for my iphone 32gb 3gs locked on vodafone. This is what they quoted:
    Grade A: Cash €252.00
    Grade B: Cash €228.00
    Grade C: Cash €201.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

O2 unlocked it for me so it's a genuine unlocked phone, not something that's hacked.

It's a 32GB 3GS.

Sell it on adverts to highest bidder. I did that with my old iPhone 4 and got a brand new 4s, sealed for 430. There are some cracking deals out there on adverts.

Advertisement