Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigaline, Cork council housing - waiting list question

Options
  • 17-01-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hope I am putting this in the right section!
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about waiting times for local authority housing in Carrigaline, Cork?
    Currently on the waiting list 2 yrs for 3 bed house for me, husband & 2 kids. Can't seem to find any info on typical waiting times etc for the area. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

same family size as you and i was waiting 8 years before i was offered a house, know some one else, same situation going in to her 10th year on list, but i suppose too it depends on the area:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

caroline32 wrote: »
    same family size as you and i was waiting 8 years before i was offered a house, know some one else, same situation going in to her 10th year on list, but i suppose too it depends on the area:confused:
    8 years! Was that for Carrigaline? I feel sick now at the thoughts of waiting that long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 KimmyKims

I am not from your area but i have been on the waiting list four years next month and yesterday i accepted my offer of a lovely 2 bed apartment. so it really is a case of different areas with different waiting times, altho having said that was sister was on the list 8 years. be prepared to wait another few years im afraid . If you have been in receipt of rent allowance for more than 18 months then do inquire whether you can avail of the RAS scheme. this was something i was going for before i got my offer. best of luck

Advertisement