Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!!letters of application!!

• 17-01-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi....

I am applying for a job as I have been since September......sigh....anyway I feel like my letter of application must be letting me down. I explain where i saw the advert, why I would be ideal for the position and that I look forward to hearing from them. the whole thing uses about three quarters of a page. is this too long or short? any ideas? I really wana just even get an interview!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

being honest, I don't read the letter, I look straight at the CV and see what the subjects are and how much experience they have etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

thanks for the info, so it doesn't seem like I should put that much effort in so? I am newly qualified so I thought the letter of application would be my only chance to sell myself over other more experienced teachers....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 birdlake

Don't be too hard on yourself , it's probably more to do with an oversupply of teachers than the quality of your letter of application. My advice to you would be to ask someone (perhaps the principal of the school you went to?) to have a look over it for reassurance. Have you tried handing your CV into schools personally? You just might hit lucky..even if it's a wee bit of subbing, if you get on well who knows what it might lead to. Always ask if it's possible to hand the CV to the principal yourself when you call to a school, this doesn't always work out as they're busy people, but if it does a meet and greet, however brief, is invaluable. That's how I got my foot in the door after graduating in 2008 (just after everything went belly up!) and gradually built up experience in various schools- still on crappy hours today but not complaining once I've enough to get by on :)

Advertisement