Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply

Options
  • 17-01-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

long time no post, I have a brief question. Bought a Corsair TX850 PSU and I'm moving to the US. Will it work over there? there is no switch the change the voltage like older PSU or ones you'd find on dells.

I know they have a different hertz and voltage but I'm wondering if this can handle it? can't seem to find anything on the corsair sight.

Req

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

requiem1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

long time no post, I have a brief question. Bought a Corsair TX850 PSU and I'm moving to the US. Will it work over there? there is no switch the change the voltage like older PSU or ones you'd find on dells.

I know they have a different hertz and voltage but I'm wondering if this can handle it? can't seem to find anything on the corsair sight.

Req

It should work but with how cheap of a psu these are is it really worth bringing it over with the extra weight costs? If its not costing anything then I think it should be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hi All,

Req

Yep, pretty much all new PSUs will switch automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Nice one thanks lads, I was doubting myself.

Yeah its a heavy mother I might just throw it up on adverts for someone to love and cherish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Nice one thanks lads, I was doubting myself.

Yeah its a heavy mother I might just throw it up on adverts for someone to love and cherish :p

What's the watts? Might take it off your hands :P

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Aye whats the damage :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

donfarrell wrote: »
    What's the watts? Might take it off your hands :P
    Corsair TX850.

The clue is in the name.

Advertisement