Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed the semester?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

What happens if you fail more then 2 of the exams?
    I had 6 modules and I am iffy about passing 3 of them. So what happens if I fail 3 of them? Do I fail the semester or what? Just wondering. Any replies would be greatfully appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Was one of them spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Was one of them spelling?

In fairness, two words were incorrectly spelled. The post, in total, is very, very legible. It could be A LOT worse.

Gumbi wrote: »
    In fairness, two words were incorrectly spelled. The post, in total, is very, very legible. It could be A LOT worse.
    Three:D

Pray, tell.

Pray, tell.
    I had 6 modules and I am iffy about passing 3 of them. So what happens if I fail 3 of them? Do I fail the semester or what? Just wondering. Any replies would be greatfully appriciated.

If ever a post went off topic. Sorry OP I'm just being a fussy face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Sorry I was on the phone while writing this :P

Curses! I missed "then".

Curses! I missed "then".
    Mwah ha ha ha:D

Anyone going to answer my original question? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ok back on topic.... AFAIK, you can fail up to 2 in Semester 1, you will have to repeat them obviously, but you won't be thrown out for it.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ok back on topic.... AFAIK, you can fail up to 2 in Semester 1, you will have to repeat them obviously, but you won't be thrown out for it.

But do you know what happens if you fail more than 2? =/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

But do you know what happens if you fail more than 2? =/

AFAIK, you fail 3 in Semester 1 and you've failed the year. (Am open to correction, but this was raised in another thread [too lazy to look for it, but it was titled "So how many can I fail?"] and this seemed to be the consensus)

EDIT: Anseó!

Thank you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

MyKeyG, your grammar and spelling nazism is not wanted here.
    If you haven't anything helpful to contribute, don't post anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

You're allowed fail 4 modules from semester 1, but that means if you fail any modules in semester 2 you fail the year. In total you are able to fail four modules in one year, irrelevant of how many from each semester.

However, if you are going on co-op in 2nd semester then you are only allowed fail two in semester one

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

What if you only have 5 modules??? Can i still fail 2? Its a very real possibility im afraid :(

runman wrote: »
    What if you only have 5 modules??? Can i still fail 2? Its a very real possibility im afraid :(

Are you on co-op next semester? The majority of people have 5 module's each semester.

Not on Co-op. I have 5 modules, 4 are straight forward modules and 1 is a 4 week placement for the month of january.. SO in essence i have 5 modules in total. I did engineering and had 6 modules each semester for the 4 years bar co-op. just wandering if you can still fail 2 modules if your only studying 5?
    Also was wondering if you only have 4, how many can u fail?

Not on Co-op. I have 5 modules, 4 are straight forward modules and 1 is a 4 week placement for the month of january.. SO in essence i have 5 modules in total. I did engineering and had 6 modules each semester for the 4 years bar co-op. just wandering if you can still fail 2 modules if your only studying 5?
    Also was wondering if you only have 4, how many can u fail?

Did you read that post I linked?

• Advertisement

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Did you read that post I linked?
    I read the link above from the educational officer, doesnt anwer my question though..Unless im totally wrong, the amount of modules u can fail and repeat is dependent on the the amount of modules you are sitting.:confused:

I read the link above from the educational officer, doesnt anwer my question though..Unless im totally wrong, the amount of modules u can fail and repeat is dependent on the the amount of modules you are sitting.:confused:

It doesn't say anything about the amount of modules you are sitting, however it says if you are on co-op for one semester you are only allowed repeat two modules. If you are in college for the two semesters of a single year you are able repeat 4 modules in any combination from each semester, ie 2 from each semester or 3 from sem 1 and 2 from sem 2 or 4 from sem 1 and none from sem 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Two.

Then is spelled correctly, it's the grammar that's wrong!

Advertisement