Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really stuck on what phone i need

Options
  • 17-01-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all, i need help in recommendations for mobiles.

I used to have the nokia e51 (best phone i ever had) for about 3 years, then it broke so i got an iphone 3gs. Im now sick of the iphone as its not really a phone at all sometimes and doesnt seem to do simple things right.

I want to get a new phone with the following:
    - Long battery life like the nokia e51 or close enough
    - qwerty keyboard - touchscreen or buttons, doesnt really matter
    - Have the same type of text messaging system as iPhone which shows all texts to each number like a chat

Can anyone tell me a mobile that will do all that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

gaatipstr wrote: »
    Hi all, i need help in recommendations for mobiles.

I used to have the nokia e51 (best phone i ever had) for about 3 years, then it broke so i got an iphone 3gs. Im now sick of the iphone as its not really a phone at all sometimes and doesnt seem to do simple things right.

I want to get a new phone with the following:
    - Long battery life like the nokia e51 or close enough
    - qwerty keyboard - touchscreen or buttons, doesnt really matter
    - Have the same type of text messaging system as iPhone which shows all texts to each number like a chat

Can anyone tell me a mobile that will do all that?

Thanks

All phones use threaded SMS now, so thats not a problem. My first thoughts were something like e72/e5/c3. ??

Not exactly brand new but will do the job and won't brake that bank. The C3 is the newest but my least favourite of the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I had iPhone for years and there wasn't any 'simple' thing it didn't do right for me, but everyone is different.

Why not try out a Windows Phone? Nokia's Lumia 710 or 800 are nice options. I personally don't like android phones but the Motorola Defy had a good battery life (2 days) when i used one.

I don't think any smart phone (with a big screen) will have a battery life equivalent to the E51. You might want to just buy Nokia's new equivalent to it if you need long battery life.

Advertisement