Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Night ideas

Options
  • 18-01-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for ideas for where to head on my Stag some time in May (no date fixed yet).
    Probably around 25 lads, 1 r 2 tee totallers but rest of us enjoy our pints. Looking at a 1 day thing on a saturdaybut to time in some kinda activity to break the day but right good game of soccer mite go down well with most of the lads going.

All ideas will be given a lot of consideration!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

You could do any of the following:

Dog Racing
    Horse Racing
    Go Karts
    PaintBall
    Golf

I'm sure there are other plenty of other options but it's a good idea for sure to break up the day's drinking or it could get a bit nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Hi all,

Looking for ideas for where to head on my Stag some time in May (no date fixed yet).
    Probably around 25 lads, 1 r 2 tee totallers but rest of us enjoy our pints. Looking at a 1 day thing on a saturdaybut to time in some kinda activity to break the day but right good game of soccer mite go down well with most of the lads going.

Instead of one game of soccer, why not have a blitz?

4 teams of 6 (with one team with 7).

Two semis and a final and a losers final. Each game is 15 or 20 minutes a half. It'll take 2 hours approximately. Losing teams buys their opposite number on the winning team a pint. So each member of the winning team gets 2 free pints and the winner of the losers final gets a free pint too. and more importantly the outright winners get the chance to gloat for the night :-).

Charge a tenner a man, which should easily pay for the astro-turf. The banter would be flowing for the night after it.

That or Paintballing as was mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Did you post this somewhere else?
    If yes, then i stand by my krakow plan.
    For the previously mentioned reason of stripper steak dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Hi all,

Hi there,

Just had my stag (18ppl) last weekend and it went down great with everyone.

Premier Coaches to Battlebridge Paintball in Leitrim then ate and stayed in The Bush Hotel in Carrick-on-Shannon. Carrick is an excellent spot for a night out. We then went to Midland Karting in Edgeworthstown on the way back.

It was a brilliant weekend and I couldnt find fault with any of the suppliers above. If you want anymore details let me know. All in it came to about €180/head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Carrick is my usual sat nite haunt so would be a bit of a busman's holiday!! Great spot alright and does be plagued with hens and stags every weekend. I settled on Galway, nothing organised regarding activity or accomodation yet though. Heard karting in tynagh is excellent and good food in Casctus Jacks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement