Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure club/Swimming pool on the Northside?

• 18-01-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya folks,
    I'm looking for a swimming pool on the Northside of the City to take my son swimming a few nights a week.
    We used to frequent St Enda's until it closed and now that it seems to be only hotels that have pools apart from Grove Island and U.L. at €11 euro a pop minimum :(

Now ideally I'd like to buy a Pool Only membership to cover myself and my little boy but nowhere seems to offer this :(
    And to be honest quotes for membership are coming in at around 450 + 150 child membership, which is steep enough.

So rather than rant on about our local authority's lack of provision of any form decent recreational facilities ;)
    I mean the County Council have a nice grant aided facility in Askeaton, Clare have similar in Shannon, and even fecking Leitrim has 2 pools supported by the local authority....
    And lets not get into how many Dublin and surrounding authorities have.
    I wonder why there is a total lack of movement on this for Limerick?

So rather than whinge on ;)
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good membership offers for pools convenient for Caherdavin area at the mo?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I know that the Maldron have a good offer on at the moment, its 99 euro for 3months membership, and you don't have to buy membership for children, however if you don't its 5euro per visit. Its a nice pool and not too far from St Enda's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks Angel,
    you wouldn't have any info/opinion on what the facilities there are like would you?
    I mean its obviously better than St Endas ;) but the one plus Endas had was that it was quiet enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I find the facilities okay, there are family changing rooms which I use, plus the normal male/female changing rooms, they are a bit basic, but have everything you would need.
    The pool is 20m long with a decent sized 'children's' pool, there isn't a shallow end however, but the depth is about 4ft so its not too bad. there is a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna for the adults.
    I often go in the afternoon after school and its never too busy, the staff are really friendly and helpful too.
    Any other questions just ask away:)

Thanks Angel :)
    I just dropped them a mail there and they are quoting 99 for an adult 3month membership and 55 for a child which is still way better value than anywhere else Ive heard back from.
    Ill drop up and take a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Greenhills Hotel on the Ennis Road has a leisure club and swimming pool. Give them a ring.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Greenhills Hotel on the Ennis Road has a leisure club and swimming pool. Give them a ring.

Already did Baz, And at €495 for an adult membership and €295 for a child/student or €20 a visit for the 2 of us its frankly not an option pricewise despite the convenience of how close it is to home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I know that the Maldron have a good offer on at the moment, its 99 euro for 3months membership, and you don't have to buy membership for children, however if you don't its 5euro per visit. Its a nice pool and not too far from St Enda's.

But isn't that the Southside of the city??

The only options on the Northside of the city are The Strand, The Greenhills and The Radisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Undercover FBI Agent

Id love to see a place similar to the aqudome in Tralee open in Limerick. It would be a great addition to the city. (fingers crossed)

Jofspring wrote: »
    But isn't that the Southside of the city??

The only options on the Northside of the city are The Strand, The Greenhills and The Radisson.

True....
    But to be honest pricewise none of those are really viable options so the Maldron seems best option at the moment...
    Despite being on the Southside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

JJB on Childers Road is an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement