Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back loader for tractor

• 18-01-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about buying a power transport box, but then someone suggested a back end loader for the tractor. I would not have a lot of work for either.

Is it possible to carry a bale of silage on a power box

What are peoples opinion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭limo_100

Tomjim wrote: »
    I was thinking about buying a power transport box, but then someone suggested a back end loader for the tractor. I would not have a lot of work for either.

Is it possible to carry a bale of silage on a power box

What are peoples opinion

powerbox one of the best investments you will ever make never take it off the tractor. i dont on bout a bale of silage but i put a bale of hay on it the other day held it with a strap

• Registered Users Posts: 26 john62

Yes a power box will hold a bale of silage but after a bit of rootin as its hard to get the actual bale on. You would need something behind it to push against like a wall or another bale but its awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

dont have a power box but will get one when our current transport box disintegrates. think they are twice the money of a standard Tbox. have no idea if would carry a round bale of silage.

a bale spike or a lifter should be used for bales. you may get away with power box a couple of times but if you would really be better off with an attachment designed for the job like a spike/lifter. think the cashels are 5 or 6 hundred ish.

i've a old wooden crate that was for slates that i modified sligthly.
    I can pick it up with our cashels bale handler with paddles taken off.
    i find it handy when i'am drawing bales for a couple of weeks and dont want the hassle of taking off spike to put the transport box on to carry bits.

would something like that suit you better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

johonsons make a great back end loaders with shear grabs on them . have seen one or two for sale in done deal with small buckets on them and bale spikes , handy for loading stuff but wouldn be the same as a power box or front loader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

Just wondering, why not use a bale handler or bale spike if you need something to carry bales. Also, another option instead of a power box is to get a hyraulic top link. Dont have one myself but a neighbour of mine has one on his transport box and it is just as good as a power box with it on i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

Back end loader for lifting bales is not a good idea unless you have a very heavy tractor, you might be going around with the two front wheels up in the air. Use a spike or a bale handler on the back of the tractor for bales and if you need to load bales on a trailer or in a diet wagon - then a front loader is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ltrvale

A power box is worth every penny. can put a serious load in one and empty with ease, used to have a transport box with a hydraulic top link but no way as good as the power box as you could never empty it completely when full with things like dung

Advertisement