Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 18-01-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    I was made redundant recently and am currently renting in dublin city,

I am currently renting in shared accomodation and paying 400 euro per month.
    I wont be able to afford this rent without rent allowance but the maximum rent level that can be claimed in dublin is now 300 euro per month meaning that i wont be entitled to claim anything.

Will i have to move to accommodation that is below the 300 p/m threshold or is everyone evaluated on an individual basis ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Did you read the guidelines on rent supplement on a government website before posting? It clearly answers your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

rabjoshu wrote: »
    Did you read the guidelines on rent supplement on a government website before posting? It clearly answers your query.

I did and it says the limit in dublin for shared accomodation is 300 pm, i just wanted clarification because it doesnt distinctly rule out that you can claim over this amount. Was just wondering has anyone any experience of this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Is it not clear that those figures that you say is the maximum rent that can be charged. The wording could not be clearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, Have you spoken to your landlord about this , surely he must be aware of the new terms . You could try asking would he cut it down 100p.m if you really don't want to move?
    Would you be breaking a lease? Deposit involved?
    Its an unfortunate situation that seems to be hitting people made redundant hard recently. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

zef wrote: »
    Hi, Have you spoken to your landlord about this , surely he must be aware of the new terms . You could try asking would he cut it down 100p.m if you really don't want to move?
    Would you be breaking a lease? Deposit involved?
    Its an unfortunate situation that seems to be hitting people made redundant hard recently. Good Luck.

Ya was going to have a chat but they already lowered our rent at xmas, cant see it being lowered any further but always worth asking

• Advertisement
Advertisement