Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert holiday. Help? Advice?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Myself and two of my friends are dead set on going on a holiday after our leaving cert. Problem is, we don't know where to go. A fairly big group of lads in our year are headed to Tenerife, which is essentially a party resort. Drink all night and sleep until 5 o' clock the next day. We've decided to separate from that big group but we still want somewhere with a good night life, beaches, etc. We'd like to stay in Europe.

Ideally, we'd also avoid the standard places for British and Irish holidaymakers. Magaluf, Santa Ponsa and all of the other 'chav' destinations, if you know what I mean. Trouble is, we can't seem to find a middleground. It seems to be either family oriented resorts or all out party resorts. Any suggestions?

A big factor is also the cost. We plan to stay for a week. Our absolute maximum budget for travel and hotel is €500, but we're willing to stay in sh*t hotels/hostels if needs be. Spending money then on top of that.

Basically what we want is:
    1. Good night life
    2. Sun
    3. Cheap drink
    4. Something to do during the day
    5. Beach if possible
    6. To avoid all the 'chavs', but still be with English speakers (if that's even possible).

The top 4 are the most important. But a beach would be great too.

Just a note on number 6: I myself have no problems with anyone ever as long as they don't disturb me. Same goes for on holidays, I don't care who they are, if they're nice to me then I'll be nice to them. It's one of the two lads I'm going with that's fairly set on avoiding the 'chav' places. I just don't want to start arguing with him before we even have it booked.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bradley1992

Gran Canaria.

Not too crazy, not to quiet.

decent prices within your budget, check it out.

13 of us went for our LC holiday and it was great... check out www.travelrepublic.ie for booking your accomodation and for flights go ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bradley1992

Gran Canaria.

Not too crazy, not to quiet.

decent prices within your budget, check it out.

13 of us went for our LC holiday and it was great... check out www.travelrepublic.ie for booking your accomodation and for flights go ryanair

ALSO - theres english and irish everywhere u go in europe party destinations however GC was NOT 'chav' place

Advertisement