Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€423/hr for credit union "manager"

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KingZin

I work for a mid sized non big 4 firm and we audit the accounts of a number of credit unions, these credit unions were not forced to choose us as thier auditors.

Hi Derek. A number of credit unions particularly the larger ones are forced to use a specific auditor (I am sure they will get around to other credit unions eventually). I just don't understand why the regulator doesnt allow credit unions pick from a panel of auditors (including your own for certain areas/ sizes), are they seriously telling us Grant Thornton are the only capable auditor to carry out audits on large credit unions such as Newbridge. I am shocked at the 600k figure mentioned in relation to Grant Thornton. The regulator has taken away the democratic rights of credit union members. The regulators relationship with Grant Thornton and Ernst and Young doesn't sit well with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Zulu wrote: »
    Sigh, so you don't understand simple economics then.
    You know it would have been a lot easier if you had just said so in the first place.

Sigh all you want.
    I don't know if I understand basic economics or not - I guess that would depend on your definition of basic.Understanding Economics is not a requisite for credit union membership. A basic understanding of ethics is. You didn't answer any of my questions.
    Unable or unwilling?

Anyone wrote: »
    It was the Financial Regulator who appointed this person and agreed to pay him €423 per hour. Not the Government, not the Dept of Finance. I think that point should be clarified.

The Financial Regulator is a seperate independent organisation from any Government body.

Thanks - I've learnt something!

kingtut wrote: »
    I wouldn't get out of bed if I was only getting €423 a week :eek:

There are many folk earning that and less now who had the same attitude as you a few short years ago. There are many more folk who are on the dole who used to have the very same attitude who would gladly work for that now to get themselves back on their feet and occupy themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You didn't answer any of my questions.
    Unable or unwilling?
    You are a liar; I have addressed all your questions save one general question vis whether posters have a credit union account. As it happens, I do.

Sad, dishonest posting doesn't fool anyone Wicklowrider.

Zulu wrote: »
    You are a liar; I have addressed all your questions save one general question vis whether posters have a credit union account. As it happens, I do.

Sad, dishonest posting doesn't fool anyone Wicklowrider.

You really aren't very good at this are you?

Here are just 4 examples of questions you avoided ( post #90 )

"it isn't a reasonable assumption to believe there is an honest accountancy practice on this island?"

" Isn't it reasonable to believe the government should have sought out such an honest practice?"

"if no such practice exists is it OK for the government to just accept that?"

"And what experience? Anglo? Leahman bros?"

These questions go to the heart of the matter, the very reasons why we shouldn't accept this arrangement. You accept ineptitude, dishonesty and failure and are prepared to pay outrageous fees for them - I do not. Its really that simple.

Here are just 4 examples of questions you avoided ( post #90 )
    "it isn't a reasonable assumption to believe there is an honest accountancy practice on this island?"
    " Isn't it reasonable to believe the government should have sought out such an honest practice?"
    "if no such practice exists is it OK for the government to just accept that?"
    "And what experience? Anglo? Leahman bros?"
    All of these were addressed.
    These questions go to the heart of the matter,
    No they don't. The heart of the matter is basic economics which you accept you don't understand.
    You accept ineptitude, dishonesty and failure and are prepared to pay outrageous fees for them - I do not. Its really that simple.
    No, that's simply an invented position you created for me - more of your dishonest posting I'm afraid.

For someone who claims not to "accept dishonesty" you certainly post enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Zulu & WicklowRider, why don't you both take this offline. You're ruining this thread with your silly row.

This thread died long ago. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Lazy *******.:(

I work 60-70 hours a week (usually 6 days a week also). The last thing you can call me is lazy! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

kingtut wrote: »
    I work 60-70 hours a week (usually 6 days a week also). The last thing you can call me is lazy! :mad:

http://memegenerator.net/instance/13538169

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

Got written confirmation on Friday from Ernst and Young that the Special Manager, Luke Charlton's salary of €423 per hour is being footed by the members of Newbridge Credit Union. A total discrace.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

greenpilot wrote: »
    Hi,

Got written confirmation on Friday from Ernst and Young that the Special Manager, Luke Charlton's salary of €423 per hour is being footed by the members of Newbridge Credit Union. A total discrace.:mad:

And there you have it. A CU that is allegedly in the financial mire being asked to fork out 15k a week, which it doesn't have. FFS.:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

alot of ignorant posts here full of spite and little grounding

Advertisement