Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Ram: Stuck between 3 :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Get the cheapest tbh. Nowadays, the type of RAM you get has become less important.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Quick reply :D

Yah only couple of euro in the difference, but im finding it hard to find the 1.35v in reviews, wonder if its a typo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

KINGPIN wrote: »
    Quick reply :D

Yah only couple of euro in the difference, but im finding it hard to find the 1.35v in reviews, wonder if its a typo ?

Not a typo but i did read somewhere that one of the brands of mobo wont run 1.35v ram unless you up the volts a bit.

As said above there really is little difference in them and unless your benchmarking you wont notice the difference in timings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I doubt the small difference in voltage will have any real effect tbh. Just get the 1.5V version. I've got the exact same kit and it's fine. I'm running my 2500K at 4.1GHz and I haven't had a single issue with the RAM.

Advertisement