Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

I heard that he last intake only got details of time and location two days before the start so we may be waiting,but here's hoping!might ring cpl next week again and see o we get any more details,if anyone hears anything,please post!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dubmad23

I haven't heard back either since submitting my forms - it's definitely an anxious process ha. Reckon it takes a while for them to process all the information they receive but ideally we should all get the final information on friday or monday at latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

dubmad23 wrote: »
    I haven't heard back either since submitting my forms - it's definitely an anxious process ha. Reckon it takes a while for them to process all the information they receive but ideally we should all get the final information on friday or monday at latest

Those of you that ate saying you have the grad position, how do you know you have that position. I don't know what position I have been offered. All in know is that I got to be in the bank centre on 27th. Like you all I have no indecation of time. Guessing it's 9 to 5 tho. 7 hours plus a lunch hour. Is there parking in the office? What's best way there from city? Bus or train? Does the luas go anywhere near?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

Ourman wrote: »
    Those of you that ate saying you have the grad position, how do you know you have that position. I don't know what position I have been offered. All in know is that I got to be in the bank centre on 27th. Like you all I have no indecation of time. Guessing it's 9 to 5 tho. 7 hours plus a lunch hour. Is there parking in the office? What's best way there from city? Bus or train? Does the luas go anywhere near?

The best way to get there would be to get the dart to the landstown stop apparently there is a back entrance to the bank center so you don't have to walk around to the front entrance (opp the rds) , as far as i am aware there is no parking , not sure about buses though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

The best way to get there would be to get the dart to the landstown stop apparently there is a back entrance to the bank center so you don't have to walk around to the front entrance (opp the rds) , as far as i am aware there is no parking , not sure about buses though .

I would of thought the sandy mount dart station , if your getting the bus take the number 7 from Connell street and it will drop you at the AIB bank centre opposite the rds.. I've been place in Louth and starting the 27th, but have no clue if I've to train in dublin first!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 dubmad23

I am guessing people based in the bankcentre are on the grad programme, though could be wrong! It should say on ur contract what position you have been offered and think there is also a difference in pay etc between the two. Reckon the dart is your best option aswell

Dart from Connolly would be 5/7 mins bus from city centre is 25 mins, depend on where you live?? And how you get to dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nwall9

Hey was just wondering is anyone a 2012 graduate who has applied for aib's corporate graduate roles through recruitment agencies and have you heard back after initial correspondence with recruiters? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kaytee26

Loughgirl wrote: »
    I heard that he last intake only got details of time and location two days before the start so we may be waiting,but here's hoping!might ring cpl next week again and see o we get any more details,if anyone hears anything,please post!

So I only found out on Wednesday the details of the training. Im supposed to turn up at 9am in Ballsbridge this Monday for i think 2 weeks of training. So anyone starting on the 27th I wouldnt worry too much about it. They seem quite behind in contacting ppl to give out this info. I had to contact the recruitment crowd about 3/4 times to tell them I had heard nothing and they had no idea what was happening either. In the end it was AIB HR that contacted me with the details.

kaytee26 wrote: »
    Loughgirl wrote: »

So I only found out on Wednesday the details of the training. Im supposed to turn up at 9am in Ballsbridge this Monday for i think 2 weeks of training. So anyone starting on the 27th I wouldnt worry too much about it. They seem quite behind in contacting ppl to give out this info. I had to contact the recruitment crowd about 3/4 times to tell them I had heard nothing and they had no idea what was happening either. In the end it was AIB HR that contacted me with the details.

Hi kaytee26, are you working in ballsbridge or did you get located else where?? Are you doing grad prog or cashier!!

• Advertisement

I was told I got the graduate position,sme account manager,working with sme's doing credit analysis,accounts,loans etc,basically anything they need.also says that in my contract and my salary reflects the position on the pay scale that they told us at the start!i asked in the interview what training was involved,basically she said it depends on the position,branch,staff,training facilities available!so it may be different for each person,based on location or actual role,or how much training the bank can provide.....I speculate here but that's the impression I got so maybe that's why it's taking a while to get back to us!that some branches can train some can't etc,would just be nice to know so can organise ourselves a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kaytee26

phonkillaz wrote: »
    Hi kaytee26, are you working in ballsbridge or did you get located else where?? Are you doing grad prog or cashier!!

Just training in Ballsbridge and then will be located in the city centre (branch role).

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

hey.. wats every1 wearing on Monday?

Orlaith88,

I (male) am undecided as yet but prob will be black slacks, shirt and tie. I (typical Irish Male) have only one suit and dont want to wear it daily.lol. I wonder is there a dress code/uniform?

I was talking AIB earlier and they said they will contact us on fri with details of where, who and whats of Monday.

Are you on the Grad prog' too? Do you think we will all be together initially?

I (girl) am definitely wearing a suit!!of the people I know that work there it's suit everyday,it's a professional environment and i want to be seen to be taking it seriously!so shirt,jacket,trousers.I worked in a bank before and it may change in terms f wearing a top or smart top instead of shirt but definitely a jacket!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Is anyone else starting in Cork South Mall Monday? Branch banking. Ive not heard anything from AIB yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 flower power

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    hey.. wats every1 wearing on Monday?

Have u actually got any confirmation yet about next week? As in times etc. I was going to wear a suit but don't want to be too dressed up either.. What were u thinking?

Are we training in dublin in the bank centre for the cashier positions and what should we be wearing, trousers shirt tie, jacket or jumper!!, don't want to over do it! Has anyone been told about training or has any one actually been confirmed the position!

Are we training in dublin in the bank centre for the cashier positions and what should we be wearing, trousers shirt tie, jacket or jumper!!, don't want to over do it! Has anyone been told about training or has any one actually been confirmed the position!
    Nope! Havnt heard a thing! Fingers crossed tho cause iv left work nd everything!

Yeah.. Better go off on abit of a shopping trip and keep the receipts for fear I don get it!! But I don see why we won get it.. There only doin background check etc so unless u lied bot the criminal conviction or results Ud nearly be garunteed a place lik.. Had a mist call from blocked number today.. Wonder was it them... Hate blocked numbs very annoying!

• Advertisement

Yeah.. Better go off on abit of a shopping trip and keep the receipts for fear I don get it!! But I don see why we won get it.. There only doin background check etc so unless u lied bot the criminal conviction or results Ud nearly be garunteed a place lik.. Had a mist call from blocked number today.. Wonder was it them... Hate blocked numbs very annoying!
    Haha no I'm clear on the criminal convictions side thankfully! Weird, it must have been them, cause I had a missed call n blocked number too at around half 11...

Haha no I'm clear on the criminal convictions side thankfully! Weird, it must have been them, cause I had a missed call n blocked number too at around half 11...

well mine was at 2.30 but still i dont really receieve calls from blocked numbers... so strange!! must be them! :) WIsh i had more info.. its really annoying me.. people keep asking me am i excited and Im lik.. kinda if i knew what the hell i was doin!! :confused: cant wait to be away from city traffic...!! one thing im looking forward too!! anybody nervous bot starting?:o

well mine was at 2.30 but still i dont really receieve calls from blocked numbers... so strange!! must be them! :) WIsh i had more info.. its really annoying me.. people keep asking me am i excited and Im lik.. kinda if i knew what the hell i was doin!! :confused: cant wait to be away from city traffic...!! one thing im looking forward too!! anybody nervous bot starting?:o

I'm really nervous about starting, I would just like to know if we go to ye location given on ye contact or if we have training in Dublin. Also not sure what to wear either, will we get a uniform or what!! Anyone starting in the north east??

I'm really nervous about starting, I would just like to know if we go to ye location given on ye contact or if we have training in Dublin. Also not sure what to wear either, will we get a uniform or what!! Anyone starting in the north east??

My work colleague also did the grad programme and she said that at the start she got the option to buy the uniform but chose not to and wore suits for her time ther! Yes good point bot the training.. like i dont have a clue of dublin.. so would like to get accommodation sorted before i have to go up! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

where you apply for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lolser

Does anyone have the email address for AIB Hr?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

careers@aib.ie is the main email address I think

anybody get a phone call yet!?

I was talking to HR Ballsbridge and they said it will be friday b4 they call us

• Advertisement

My work colleague also did the grad programme and she said that at the start she got the option to buy the uniform but chose not to and wore suits for her time ther! Yes good point bot the training.. like i dont have a clue of dublin.. so would like to get accommodation sorted before i have to go up! :confused:[/Quote]

Do the cashiers have to buy the uniform too? I'd rather wear my own suits I think!

Advertisement