Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

My referee got a call from AIB yesterday evening so at least they havent forgotten about us. Hopefully we hear soon:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

aib rang me to say that the never got my college cert, si have to send them off again but they said my refree is being called in the morning..(today)! flower power.. all cashiers wear uniforms.. well in any aib i go into...! could be wrong tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jambon29

I see AIB are advertising these positions again, i thought they would have filled all these positions, obviously not.

jambon29 wrote: »
    I see AIB are advertising these positions again, i thought they would have filled all these positions, obviously not.

really... wher did u see them?! they mustn have filled them all! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jambon29

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    really... wher did u see them?! they mustn have filled them all! :confused:

CPL are advertising them for the Cork/Kerry region anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Yeah also Dublin and nationwide on jobs.ie thru cpl

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1589

Did anyone else get the Cork Region was told was starting on the 27th presuming in the branch? but havnt heard anything from AIB only recruitment agent and havnt got contract in post dont know what to do about accomodation because I'm not from Cork :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dubmad23

I am meant to be starting on de 27th aswell and have yet to hear anything. Was talking with my reference and they have yet to hear from AIB either. I am definitely getting worried and what makes it worse is everybody keeps asking me about it and i dont know what to say ha.

Hurry up AIB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

So CPL is in charge of AIB jobs? A quick question, did you need a degree in business/finance/maths to apply for these roles ? Would an arts degree be acceptable?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    So CPL is in charge of AIB jobs? A quick question, did you need a degree in business/finance/maths to apply for these roles ? Would an arts degree be acceptable?

I reckon an arts degree would be fine especially for the branch banking role. Although for some of the grad positions I reckon the would prefer candidates from a business/finance background though you would prob still be given a chance of an interview and assessment test, most people are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Going to give it a shot anyway.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Going to give it a shot anyway.

I have an arts degree buts it economics and I have a masters in economics completed to.. But I say it doesn't really matter!!

saz1589 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the Cork Region was told was starting on the 27th presuming in the branch? but havnt heard anything from AIB only recruitment agent and havnt got contract in post dont know what to do about accomodation because I'm not from Cork :confused:

Hey I got the cork region.. Wher in cork ar u?? Yeah yes I'm presuming I start in the branch I was told... U should have contract in dei post... U need to send it back to aib lik.. Ring ASAP!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Alexa19

Do the bank request a copy of your exam results from Degree or do they request a copy of your scroll?? Or do you have to send in the original? I cannot find either at the moment!!!

It jus hav my scroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Alexa19

Hi Orlaith88, Did you have to send in your original scroll or a photocopy to the bank or have they even requested it? I haven't been asked for mine in a previous job and I havent a clue now where I put it or the results letter!! I found a copy of the results letter but dont know where the original is!!!

I got carrigaline in Cork contacted the agency about it so waiting for a reply...

Oh carrigline would be nice...im jus 15 min from ther.. If I new sooner I could hav given u my old room.. Coz I'm movin down to west cork.... Wher u movin from? Alexa.. I was asked for it when I got my letter inte post.. I took in the original and they photocopied it and stamped it and snt it off

Oh carrigline would be nice...im jus 15 min from ther.. If I new sooner I could hav given u my old room.. Coz I'm movin down to west cork.... Wher u movin from? Alexa.. I was asked for it when I got my letter inte post.. I took in the original and they photocopied it and stamped it and snt it off

I'm moving from Limerick that would have been handy coz I dont know anyone in cork :)

saz1589 wrote: »
    I'm moving from Limerick that would have been handy coz I dont know anyone in cork :)

Ah really.. And I spent the last two few weeks tryin ta find someone..eventually got some dude on Monday... Timing sucks... ! I wouldn't live in carrigline.. My advice.. Lik Douglas would be a really nice place if your looking for somewhere.. There is nothin in carrigline...! But least ure near de city!

• Advertisement

Ah really.. And I spent the last two few weeks tryin ta find someone..eventually got some dude on Monday... Timing sucks... ! I wouldn't live in carrigline.. My advice.. Lik Douglas would be a really nice place if your looking for somewhere.. There is nothin in carrigline...! But least ure near de city!

Ya thats such a pity.. Thanks for the advice :) def think I will try find somewhere in douglas few people have said it would be better to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cackiejhan

Hey I got a job in head office in Dublin and am looking to fill a room in Wilton, Cork any takers??

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

I applied through recruitment agency today, got call to come to Dublin mid March for aptitude test....been reading all these posts very scary stuff really...seems strange that they are recruiting all over again?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Niallers87

ya i saw them recruiting again today, so i applied aswell, this time for a teller position as the last one i had was for the finance/credit department, i think there is a different/easier aptitude test for it so id love a second chance at goind for it again

ya i applied for a teller one aswell...cant be as many jobs this time though they must have filled most last time....seems like a very long process been applying for lots of other things too

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

geez wrote: »
    I applied through recruitment agency today, got call to come to Dublin mid March for aptitude test....been reading all these posts very scary stuff really...seems strange that they are recruiting all over again?!!!

You will be fine,the aptitude test will either be a series of simple tests that can be found on moseby.com I think is a sample or what is called a grain silo test that is questions based on percentages,simple Mathis etc,trust me it looks scarier than it is,just be ready for both as I think people panicked when they saw it and got caught up in that instead of trying to answer it!interview is fine they are really nice and just want a chat not to quiz you on all kinds of crazy circumstances that you may never have come across!good luck,good experience anyway!

Has anybody heard anything yet from AIB?? I have no idea where I am to go on de 27th or even for that matter if all the info I gave them checked out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

Ourman wrote: »
    Did any one who got a job get a starter pack or contact? I am still waiting on info!

They are supposed to be ringing us today or tomorrow with confirmation of details.HR rang me yesterday as I was missing some part of my form and said that once she had that she would be issuing me with my permanent contract and calling us today or tomorrow with all the exact details times,etc so don't worry yet!let me know if they call you....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Loughgirl wrote: »
    Ourman wrote: »
    Did any one who got a job get a starter pack or contact? I am still waiting on info!

They are supposed to be ringing us today or tomorrow with confirmation of details.HR rang me yesterday as I was missing some part of my form and said that once she had that she would be issuing me with my permanent contract and calling us today or tomorrow with all the exact details times,etc so don't worry yet!let me know if they call you....!

They just called me their, one of my references they could not get thru too, so had to get another one. Also email cpl and they told me I'd be training in ballsbridge for first two weeks and then back to Louth region where I'm based!! Getting excited now!!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Loughgirl....worth a shot anyway...:)

Advertisement