Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1589

ladd19 wrote: »
    I tried ringing also, no luck. Where does this leave us? Can hardly just walk into the branch Monday morning. This is so unfair

I know and I have to move down to Cork and find accomodation if im supposed to go to the branch first

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

mustabeen wrote: »
    Got the yes! Outstanding! Start in Ballsbridge, 9:15, Monday morning! And the world breathes a sigh of general relief.

They told me 9 am....so just beware!be horrible to be late!c you Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

saz1589 wrote: »
    I know and I have to move down to Cork and find accomodation if im supposed to go to the branch first

What branch in cork are you meant to start in? Still no call anyway

I have given up hope.... :confused:

Ye get called yet?

• Advertisement

Loughgirl wrote: »
    Ye get called yet?

Nope :(

ladd19 wrote: »
    What branch in cork are you meant to start in? Still no call anyway

Supposed to be starting in branch about 20 mins from Cork City how about you?

saz1589 wrote: »
    Supposed to be starting in branch about 20 mins from Cork City how about you?

Meant to start in South Mall branch in the city centre. O the confusion !

They asked me had anyone called me yet,and they were confirming dates times...maybe you do just go to branch Monday,I'm doing a week training in Dublin then to a branch in Meath.they said they only decided to do an induction week today!!so maybe they are just behind schedule,or you are already set.....what did cpl tell you?

They asked me had anyone called me yet,and they were confirming dates times...maybe you do just go to branch Monday,I'm doing a week training in Dublin then to a branch in Meath.they said they only decided to do an induction week today!!so maybe they are just behind schedule,or you are already set.....what did cpl tell you?

I know of someone who got call earlier and is going straight to the branch.It seems to be different for everyone. I'm not with cpl

• Advertisement

CPL don't know anything tbh. She didn't know what was happening with the training or anything. They are hardly still calling people now.

There is no way I can just walk into the bank Monday morning. Maybe it will be the monday after? Who knows ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 flower power

I only got the call at half five or so and I was not told about an induction week. I'm going straight to the branch. But there seems to be some confusion, the first question I was asked was if I had already been phoned....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ducblu

hey all,

I was told I would have a weeks induction in Ballsbridge 1st. I ended up calling them there, they said to be at Merrion something across from the RDS at 9 Monday morning. Does anybody know what the story is with parking in the Bankcentre??

I rang HR but phone rang out, guess they're gone home

thats really poor show. Did you ring CPL?

Yeah but no answer so I text her, hopefully she will sort it out.

hopefully. they might still be ringing people though. don't give up hope yet. Some people got calls on a Saturday telling them about the aptitude test so maybe they will call tomorrow. The way it is, you were offered the position, so unless your references said something awful (which probably didn't happen) you'll get the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

Any one starting in Louth on this forum!!

phonkillaz wrote: »
    Meath!they rang me Wednesday to say I was missing some info and she said you will be starting directly in branch then today got call at six to say I'd be doing an induction in Dublin for a week,if I was you I'd go to the branch Monday,they will find out and worse that happens is they start you the following week,I would go in though,best to go in and there be some confusion than not show up on your first day?!

• Advertisement

Meath!they rang me Wednesday to say I was missing some info and she said you will be starting directly in branch then today got call at six to say I'd be doing an induction in Dublin for a week,if I was you I'd go to the branch Monday,they will find out and worse that happens is they start you the following week,I would go in though,best to go in and there be some confusion than not show up on your first day?!

Oh no, I got the call.. Ive to go to the branch at 9am, just wanted to see if I was the only one starting their!!

Oh no, I got the call.. Ive to go to the branch at 9am, just wanted to see if I was the only one starting their!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

Anybody got any ideas on accommodation in ballsbridge for week I'm travelling up from cork

Anybody got any ideas on accommodation in ballsbridge for week I'm travelling up from cork

In daft they have short term places, like b&bs and guest house, 199 per week, or ou could try a hostel.. Somewhere near city centre so you can get dart or bus.. If you have a smart phone there is great Dublin bus apps and dart ones.. Oh and get a leap card, basically top up travel card, so you could pay for all you transport for the two weeks on the first day!! Maybe some one might be in the same boat and need somewhere to stay.. You could share!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow! I'm starting in Cavan town 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Is there anyone else who hasnt heard from AIB? Rang them numerous times during the week (was told i was starting monday 27th but no details) and was eventually told they would ring to confirm start time etc for monday on friday night, but they never rang..so Im assuimg Im not to start tomorrow, but I actually havnt heard anything either way! Not impressed...anyone in the same boat?

Is there anyone else who hasnt heard from AIB? Rang them numerous times during the week (was told i was starting monday 27th but no details) and was eventually told they would ring to confirm start time etc for monday on friday night, but they never rang..so Im assuimg Im not to start tomorrow, but I actually havnt heard anything either way! Not impressed...anyone in the same boat?

Yes, apparently a number of candidates were not called. Very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Well how did everyone get on on their first day.. Two of us started.. They didn't even know we wer starting so got some shock when they saw us lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Well how did everyone get on on their first day.. Two of us started.. They didn't even know we wer starting so got some shock when they saw us lol....
    I was a surprised arrival to my branch too so I was just shadowing at the costumer service desk. Staff were all lovely. They couldn't believe that I didn't have an induction or training first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Ourman wrote: »
    I was a surprised arrival to my branch too so I was just shadowing at the costumer service desk. Staff were all lovely. They couldn't believe that I didn't have an induction or training first
    Oh goodness! They really are above and beyond disorganised! Great to hear the staff on the ground are friendly though, its reassuring that the problem is just at the HR level...had either of ye gotten confirmation of starting today? Are ye in DUblin or branches??

Advertisement