Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 malteaserxxx

Ourman wrote: »
    Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Well how did everyone get on on their first day.. Two of us started.. They didn't even know we wer starting so got some shock when they saw us lol....
    I was a surprised arrival to my branch too so I was just shadowing at the costumer service desk. Staff were all lovely. They couldn't believe that I didn't have an induction or training first
    First day of induction for 2 weeks in Dublin today there was a few people missing wonder did they even get the call to come up here :/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Was my name ther lol...? Think we're goin for a week at some stage...! I'm so glad everyone is so nice thou.. Was worried for a while lik...! Oh and do u know wat one staff member said... After the 23 months if your not made permanent u can't get another contract with aib, coz years ago people wud leave and come back de hole time so they decided to pu a stop to it. so everybody make a impression :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

First day of induction for 2 weeks in Dublin today there was a few people missing wonder did they even get the call to come up here :/

...sigh...Rang recruiter friday to confirm if i was to be there today, was promised they would let me know friday night and they never did...if I was supposed to start today and they just didnt let me know...thast just unbelievable! Agghh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

No I was told anyone who did not get a call would be starting the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1589

ladd19 wrote: »
    No I was told anyone who did not get a call would be starting the following Monday.
    I was told at 5 this evening to start Wednesday morning. So unorganised.

• Advertisement

saz1589 wrote: »
    I was told at 5 this evening to start Wednesday morning. So unorganised.

Ah good delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1589

ladd19 wrote: »
    Ah good delighted for you :)

thanks :) but actually forget that comment another change of story today so looks like it will be next week afterall ...

saz1589 wrote: »
    thanks :) but actually forget that comment another change of story today so looks like it will be next week afterall ...

Not to worry, I was told this morning that I will be starting tomorrow but told at 5 today that its actually Monday I'm starting. They are all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gymbojones

Hi all,
    I applied to AIB in ballsbridge through HR about 2 months ago. I went for an interview start of feb and was successful in that I was sent a contract and a load of questionnaire forms. Sent them back along with passport photos/copy of my degree, etc but still no word from anyone. Should I ring HR and see what the deal is or jus hold tight for the moment? Seems like they like to keep people waiting...

Gymbojones wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I applied to AIB in ballsbridge through HR about 2 months ago. I went for an interview start of feb and was successful in that I was sent a contract and a load of questionnaire forms. Sent them back along with passport photos/copy of my degree, etc but still no word from anyone. Should I ring HR and see what the deal is or jus hold tight for the moment? Seems like they like to keep people waiting...

I would have rang them last week if I wer u!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gymbojones

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Gymbojones wrote: »
    Hi all,

I would have rang them last week if I wer u!!!!

Rang them earlier. They said it was still "in process". Nightmare

Anybody starting training tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Hey, has anyone been notified of the assessment/aptitude for AIB, this coming Monday and Tuesday in Cork ? I sent my CV into the agency, and was told Id be called but still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I was at interview last week and told after I'd be attending but ain't heard anything yet, might call them tomo assessment is in Dublin or galway I hope as that's where I've applied

I haven't even had an interview ! Hope it goes well for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I was at interview last week and told after I'd be attending but ain't heard anything yet, might call them tomo assessment is in Dublin or galway I hope as that's where I've applied
    Is it aptitude first then interview? I was told I've aptitude test next tues or Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnburn

Is it aptitude first then interview? I was told I've aptitude test next tues or Wednesday

Hey I have same aptitude test coming 13 or 14 but one of my friend told me who got aib job week ago that today he was terminated as in security clearance some one lived before on his address have some issues with aib bank and thus aib can't even keep him.... He says He even did 3 days training and now today branch manager told him That's sounds nonsense I know but that's what he told me today..... Anyone here same story...

Where is your aptitude on ? I thought it was aptitude first,then interview as well ?

Surely security clearance should be sorted out before you start, no?? Ah it was only a quick interview but fingers crossed after the aptitude test I'll get another one. Rang them this morning and now dates have changed to 13/14 but still no more details of when I'll be sitting the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Making people redundant and hiring at the same time isn't always a contradiction. They might need to get rid of more senior staff in some areas, but keep bringing in graduates for others.

Surely security clearance should be sorted out before you start, no?? Ah it was only a quick interview but fingers crossed after the aptitude test I'll get another one. Rang them this morning and now dates have changed to 13/14 but still no more details of when I'll be sitting the test

Well but to b honest there is no fault of him that someone else lived before on his address and now he is being held responsible for that by terminating him from beginning even his career....I think that's unfair...

Well but to b honest there is no fault of him that someone else lived before on his address and now he is being held responsible for that by terminating him from beginning even his career....I think that's unfair...

Word is from someone in the bank cutting costs by loosing well paid staff through redundancies and hiring cheaper labour to do same job. Makes business sense. I'd look into that sure how was he to know who lived in that house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Arent they cutting their jobs by 2500?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

booboo88 wrote: »
    Arent they cutting their jobs by 2500?
    Don't listen to the media hype. It's through retirements and incentivised redundancy etc. Replacing those jobs with lower paid graduates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 High_Flyer

Word is from someone in the bank cutting costs by loosing well paid staff through redundancies and hiring cheaper labour to do same job. Makes business sense.

This is true. I have worked in AIB for the past five years and I can tell you there is alot of dead weight in the place i.e. people who are earning very high wages and have nothing to contribute to the company. This group would mainly consist of staff that have been there maybe 20yrs plus. This is the group they are hoping will take up the redundancy packages on offer.

As it seems the government has every intention to keep AIB afloat as one of the two pillar banks in the country, it makes perfect sense to bring in a new, highly motivated and well educated workforce so the bank can finally move on and begin to grow again once the cuts are made.

Anyone got training in Dublin Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

I got a call for aptitude test for Wednesday. I didn't get email with details yet. Can anyone tell me something more about it? Any example questions?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Are u going for bank official apt tests try morrisby.com.. Still ain't heard anything yet, u get the call today??

Advertisement