Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1589

ladd19 wrote: »
    Anyone got training in Dublin Monday?

Ya im doing training Monday finally starting two weeks later :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Anyone get called for an aptitude test that's meant to take place mon/tue?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    Anyone get called for an aptitude test that's meant to take place mon/tue?
    Recruiter told me Mon or tues but have to wait for call from aib first.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Im waiting to hear, rang recruiter yesterday and it's changed to Tuesday and Wednesday apparently

Got slot 9.15 Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Im going for an assessment next Friday in Cork. Anyone else ?

Tuesday at 9.15 still waiting on email for location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

3.45 in dublin on Wednesday

U get any details on location?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Waiting for email with details, some hotel near Leeson St I think he said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

I got called for Tues at 2pm in Dublin at Wesley House, Leeson Park

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

I did the aptitude test in Jan and it was nothing like what was on the morrisby website. Make sure you look up some information on the grain/silo test. I passed it but not sure how. It was really tough and unlike anything I have ever seen before.

Some people got the test like on the morrisby, so don't rule it out completely, but just to let you know so you are not as shocked as I was !!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Oh really ? Thanks for that,Il have a look for the grain and silo one.Is their different tests for different positions ? Iv applied for branch banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

I didn't apply for any particular position, just sent my CV to AIB.
    My test is in dublin Wed 2pm. Do I have to bring anything else except passport?
    And what is that grain/ silo test? Many people writes about it, but nobody gives any explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

The grain/silo test is hard to explain, but basically tests your mathematical but also your logical skills.

The test is basically 30 questions on 3 different types of grain occupying different silos. you are given different quantities of the grain in different silos, and criteria that causes changes in the amount of grain in the silos, and you have to work out what difference these changes have on the quantity of grains in each silo.

The test is roughly 45 minutes, with time given for practice questions. The hard thing about the exam is that you are overloaded with information, which can cause confusion about which information is relevant and which is not. The important thing is to follow your logic, and not get bogged down on information which you don't really need.

I applied for branch banking, but i also talked to people who applied for branch banking, and who took the traditional tests on morrisby.com, so don't rule this out either.

I haven't done any research on the grain/silo test online, because I had never heard of it until I was sitting the exam.

Best of luck to everyone and remember, the tests are a test on your aptitude and ability to reason, so don't spend sleepless nites trying to study.

A clear mind is key to these exams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hey Everyone!

I have an aptitude test Tuesday at 2pm in Wesley Hall I think. Im a bit worried now after reading this thread!!! :-/

I applied for a Banking Official role in Wexford-anyone have any idea which aptitude test is the one we will be given?? I wasn't expecting to have to do an hour and a half exam just for a junior role in the bank and thats even before any interviews!! Yikes!! Oh well a challenge is good i suppose!!

Good luck to anyone doing it Tuesday/Wednesday!

So if I get grain silo test can I use calculator?
    I have no clue which one I will get. I just sent my cv to aib in case they have any vacancies. Probably for branch official because I don't have masters, only bachelor of economics..(I'm Polish and our degree system is little bit different, don't know is it B.A. B.Sc. or anything else). No idea, and woman on the phone didn't say on which position they consider me for.

I have aptitude test twelfth march!

Im in the same boat as you Graciefacey! Im on at 2pm!

:eek:

Floof Face wrote: »
    I have aptitude test twelfth march!

Im in the same boat as you Graciefacey! Im on at 2pm!

:eek:
    I'm in at 11, just want to get it over with at this stage. If its the silo test I'm defo failing!

Im the exact same!! I cant even find anything on it when i google it!! Really hope we get the other one!! Im comin from Wexford to do this so better not screw it up too much! :P

Oh and dont forget to bring ID! I wasnt told from CPL to bring anything but Im guessin we'll have to prove we are who we are?

• Advertisement

josieb wrote: »

Best of Luck josieb!! I'll be there with ya dreadin it! Just have to figure out how to get there from train/bus station first!!! :confused:

josieb wrote: »

Best of Luck josieb!! I'll be there with ya dreadin it! Just have to figure out how to get there from train/bus station first!!! :confused:
    I'm coming from the west, I have a fair idea of the general area but I'm definitely getting a taxi, not even going to try driving in Dublin like a big culchie! I'll have a look on morrisby Monday but there's not too much prep you can really do she said its general abilities test!

Best of luck to you too Floof Face, hope it all goes well for us:)

I got these directions from cpl so hope they help you find the place ok.

Directions to Wesley House:

Buses that stop on Leeson Street:

11, 11A, 13B, 27C, 32X, 39X, 41X, 46A, 46B, 46C, 46D, 46E, 46X, 58X, 70X, 84X
    118, 127, 129, 746

Directions from Southside/Donnybrook-

After Donnybrook Village, continue towards City Centre. This will lead onto Morehampton Road, which in turn becomes Leeson Street Upper. You will come to a fork in the road. The Burlington Hotel will be on the right hand side of the fork and Wesley Church on the left.

Directions from City Centre/Stephens Green:

From Grafton Street, walk through the Green and up to Leeson Street Lower. The Institute of Education’s main office is on your left-hand side. Continue down this street and cross Leeson Street Bridge. Staying on the right hand side of the road, walk straight on Leeson Street Upper until you come to a set of traffic lights. On the far side of this you will see Spar on the left-hand side of the road and Wesley Church on the right hand side.

From Wesley Church:

Walk through the main grounds of the church (from the Leeson Street side as opposed to Ranelagh side). Before you come through to the far side, follow the path to the left. This will lead you to Wesley House.

*Please note there is no parking in the grounds of the church but off street paid parking may be available.

I'm coming from the west, I have a fair idea of the general area but I'm definitely getting a taxi, not even going to try driving in Dublin like a big culchie! I'll have a look on morrisby Monday but there's not too much prep you can really do she said its general abilities test!

I had look at the morrisby test and it seems fine so hopefully it will be fine on the day.

Thanks a mill for that josieb!! And best of luck for yourself too! :)

Im with ya on the taxi idea tho Gracefacey think I'll just get one from the Busaras so I wont be worrying about tryin to find streets/buses.

We'll be grand once we get in there and get started-its just the anticipation of it is a killer!! :(

Heres a couple of links to do similar practice questions to morrisby:

http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

http://www.psychometric-success.com/downloads/download-practice-tests.htm

Thanks a mill for that josieb!! And best of luck for yourself too! :)

Im with ya on the taxi idea tho Gracefacey think I'll just get one from the Busaras so I wont be worrying about tryin to find streets/buses.

We'll be grand once we get in there and get started-its just the anticipation of it is a killer!! :(

Heres a couple of links to do similar practice questions to morrisby:

http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

http://www.psychometric-success.com/downloads/download-practice-tests.htm

Haha just realised Ive wished you luck twice! Oh well the more luck the better! :D

Im the exact same!! I cant even find anything on it when i google it!! Really hope we get the other one!! Im comin from Wexford to do this so better not screw it up too much! :P

Oh and dont forget to bring ID! I wasnt told from CPL to bring anything but Im guessin we'll have to prove we are who we are?
    I'm coming from Bunclody. Taking bus at 9.20 to Busaras. Ya bring id, preferably passport :)

mil5nov wrote: »
    I'm coming from Bunclody. Taking bus at 9.20 to Busaras. Ya bring id, preferably passport :)

Yeah your right better bring passport then. I'll be on the same bus from Wexford 9am. Yours isn't til Wednesday though is it? Was gonna say we could share cost of a taxi if you wanted.

I'll let ya know how it goes on Tuesday try give you a heads up on it :)

Yeah your right better bring passport then. I'll be on the same bus from Wexford 9am. Yours isn't til Wednesday though is it? Was gonna say we could share cost of a taxi if you wanted.

I'll let ya know how it goes on Tuesday try give you a heads up on it :)

Yes I'm going on Wednesday. My test is at 2pm as well so I suppose if you have normal test, so will I. If you will have grain silo probably me too. Any tips will be appreciated ;)

• Advertisement

And one more thing. How do you dress for this? I don't want to wear casual, because I want to show that I care, but don't want to be overdressed at the same time..

Advertisement