Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Is there anyone their who actually got a position, who can tell me how long it took from aptitude untill they started training ?
    I have the aptitude on Friday. But I also have an interview for another totally unrelated Job tomorrow, which If I get will be a more or less immediate start . So I'm not sure If I should not take it and hold out for the bank ? Or take it as I may be successfull with AIB. Any ideas ?? I'm really just need money at stage and to work, but would prefer the AIB job.

I was told smart casual .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

If you go through the old posts on this topic you will find people saying when they got aptitude test, when they start and so on. For example Orlaith88 had test on 24.01, on 27th she says she got it and will have interview on Wed (1.02) and on the 8th she got a call again but it looks like she didn't start until 27th so whole process took around a month. You can probably send private message to her or somebody else in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Is there anyone their who actually got a position, who can tell me how long it took from aptitude untill they started training ?
    I have the aptitude on Friday. But I also have an interview for another totally unrelated Job tomorrow, which If I get will be a more or less immediate start . So I'm not sure If I should not take it and hold out for the bank ? Or take it as I may be successfull with AIB. Any ideas ?? I'm really just need money at stage and to work, but would prefer the AIB job.

If I were you I would take the other job if youre offered it and you can always leave if the AIB contact you. Your under no obligation to stay with the other company especially while your on your probationary period. It would be awful to have let a job go on the off chance youll get another one.

Take what you can get is my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

mil5nov wrote: »
    And one more thing. How do you dress for this? I don't want to wear casual, because I want to show that I care, but don't want to be overdressed at the same time..[/Quote

I wouldnt wear jeans and a top but wouldnt go all out in a suit either. They're not goin to be taking note on your paper of what your wearing or anything. Wear whatever youre comfortable in is the best.

I wouldnt worry to much tho cos its what is on your paper is what they are most interested in. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 guice_t

Hey I have a test on Tuesday. I applied for a bank official role. Does that mean I'll have an easier exam and not have to do the grain/silo exam?

guice_t wrote: »
    Hey I have a test on Tuesday. I applied for a bank official role. Does that mean I'll have an easier exam and not have to do the grain/silo exam?
    We think so but nobody really knows.
    At least you know what you applied for. I sent cv directly just in case of vacancies. Now it's kind of akward to ask them. Will find out if I pass the test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Got aptitude test on Tues at 3.45 anybody else the same? how long is this test does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 guice_t

We think so but nobody really knows.
    At least you know what you applied for. I sent cv directly just in case of vacancies. Now it's kind of akward to ask them. Will find out if I pass the test :)
    Cool, well Im doing mine at 9 on Tuesday. If your doing yours then, its probably for the same role.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

your doing the branch banking too ya? wana get it over and done with now at this stage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Does anyone know how long the test lasts/what time we should be out of there for? just trying to sort out bus/train times etc! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Does anyone know how long the test lasts/what time we should be out of there for? just trying to sort out bus/train times etc! Thanks
    I was told it takes an hour and a half. Maybe give yourself 2 hours for paper distribution/collection etc.

Some say it's 45min, others that 1.5h. I think it depends which test we are gonna get.
    Does anybody knows do we need/can use calculators?

I was told pens, calculators etc will be provided and all we need to bring is ourselves and photo ID.

I was told pens, calculators etc will be provided and all we need to bring is ourselves and photo ID.

Ok thank you very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

geez wrote: »
    Got aptitude test on Tues at 3.45 anybody else the same? how long is this test does anybody know?

I'm in at 3.45 on Tue too :) Hopefully we get the general abilities test and not the silo/grain one that everyone keeps talking about:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Anyone else on tomo at 11:15??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

So, what exactly is smart/casual?

Are we talking, shirt, slacks and shoes or can we wear jeans/cords?

Thanks!

Jeans be grand id say!!

Good luck to all of you tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for your advice,its hard to know what to do for the best at times !

Been doin some online n Jesus some of them are brutal!

Been doin some online n Jesus some of them are brutal!
    I know! I did SHL numerical reasoning and it just made me feel stupid...

Are they honba give us calculators etc does anyone know don wanna arrive up with nothin??

I know! I did SHL numerical reasoning and it just made me feel stupid...

I should have done more practice! Just took it there and got 60%, but i ran out of time for the last 7 or 8 questions. Tomorrow should be fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

How did anyone get on today? Anyone get the grain/silo test?

Didn't get the grain/silo thank god, second parts of each were hard especially numerical ones, be lucky to get a call I'd say

Some amount of people going for these, reckon 8 sessions with almost 100 at each.

Crazy competition.

Didn't do great myself, reckon hit around the 60% mark which won't be good enough. Only finished 1 section and left 5-8 out in each of the rest.

Some amount of people going for these, reckon 8 sessions with almost 100 at each.

:eek: didn't expect that many people. Anyway hope you all will get a call and keep fingers crossed for me tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Well there looking to replace the 2500 people there offering deals to, and apparently have hired 800 so far so fingers crossed for everyone, would love to get it

Advertisement