Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

How did people sign up for this? I have looked at their website several times and seen nothing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 frogstomper

I've got the aptitude test on Friday morning too. Cant seem to find these grain silo tests online. Can any give a link to one maybe please? Just want to see what they look like. My maths is chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

I've got the aptitude test on Friday morning too. Cant seem to find these grain silo tests online. Can any give a link to one maybe please? Just want to see what they look like. My maths is chronic.
    There is no example. That's the problem. You won't know how it looks like unless you get one..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 frogstomper

Ahhhh...right. Facepalm moment. Oh well. Just have to wait and see then. I only found this thread tonight and just wondered how come I couldnt find more stuff on them online. Ive taken a look at other tests online so hopefully that will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

had the test today, got the general abilities one. It was tough enough but hopefully I passed:) good luck to every1 doin the test and hopfully we all pass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Was it a bank official role you applied for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

Was it a bank official role you applied for ?

yeah I applied for the branch banking role.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Got my aptitude fri! V nervous indeed. I have attempted the test on morrisby. Any other websites that ye guys recommend?

That's what Iv applied for as well .i have mine
    Friday. Hope it all goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

I had the general ability test, hard to know how it went. I didn;t get them finish but think there design that way. Will know on wed:)

• Advertisement

As in you ll know tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

No next wed 21st. Wish it was tomorrow, hate this waiting game.

Totally ! But from what I read here,some people found out after a few days. So a week is probably worst case scenario....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hey guys the test wasnt too bad, there is an instructor there who goes thru each section with everyone then you get 8 to 10 mins to answer 30 questions in each of the sections and you are timed for each one so its not as bad as been handed the booklet and told you have 90mins to complete the whole lot in one go! Less wasted time. And it flies by aswell!

I was going for bank official role and got general abilities test, wasnt too bad but time was major issue but thats the way its designed I suppose.

As for what to wear, only one or two people had suits on some people had shirts but the majority just had jeans and a nice top or shirt for fellas and jeans/skirt and tights for the girls.

we were told the interviews are being held on 23rd and we will all know how we got on by 21st.

good luck to everyone doing it tomorrow!!

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    Got my aptitude fri! V nervous indeed. I have attempted the test on morrisby. Any other websites that ye guys recommend?

Theres a company called SHL that have good practice tests. You should look em up :-)

How did people sign up for this? I have looked at their website several times and seen nothing :confused:

I found a job ad on the CPL website for banking roles nationwide and just applied.

Judging by this thread there have been quite a few of these screening processes since last december so id say they'll keep doin it til all the roles have been filled.

Keep ur eye out!

That's good to hear ! Did you do it In cork ?

That's good to hear ! Did you do it In cork ?

No I had to go to Dublin for it, was on in Wesley Hall on Leeson Park Road. There was defo 100 or more people in my group and another group waiting to go in when we were coming out! I feel like Im going for a job at NASA or something! :rolleyes:

I hear ya ! You ld think you wanted to run the place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Floof Face wrote: »
    No I had to go to Dublin for it, was on in Wesley Hall on Leeson Park Road. There was defo 100 or more people in my group and another group waiting to go in when we were coming out! I feel like Im going for a job at NASA or something! :rolleyes:

Yes, does not paint a pretty picture for the job situation in Ireland among our youth.

Over 1000 going for the jobs.

Any idea how many jobs on offer this time?

• Advertisement

I hear ya ! You ld think you wanted to run the place ;)

Maybe some day we will! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

Done the test. Not the grain silo one. Had easy and harder questions. Time was an issue.

Yes, does not paint a pretty picture for the job situation in Ireland among our youth.

Over 1000 going for the jobs.

Any idea how many jobs on offer this time?

I know! And there's all different kinds of people going for it too. I met a lovely girl yesterday who has a Law degree and shes trying her best to get any kind of job! Another girl I know is a secondary school teacher and she has her aptitude test today so absolutely everyone has applied for this I think!

There was no mention of how many positions were being made available yesterday but I think I'll email CPL and ask them just out of curiosity. Be nice to know what our chances are or if we would be better off blowing our savings on Cheltenham to try make a bit of cash!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Had mine today too. wasnt as easy as I expected it to be.my perception was not great at all. it really is crazy the amount of people going for these positions and it seems AIB will keep recruiting until they get the people they are looking for. I would love to get an interview, it seems from the previous screening that a good deal are called for an interview. Be curious to know the pass rate for the test aswell. Are the positons comletely nationwide or will most of them be in Dublin does anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Did it today. Only word I can say is horrendous. The verbal is grand but the numerical and the other one are really horrible. Time is a big big issue. Good luck to anybody who is called to interview and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Horrific is the first thing I said when leaving, some girl told me her friend went for it and works with tsb and failed so god knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Had the Aptitude test yesterday...I was one of the lucky people who got the grain and silo test.. Started it at 5:30, and by 5:45 i was pulling my eyes out...It was rediculously hard for me...30 questions, 45 minutes... I got the first 10 questions pretty much right id say, then woman said 15 minutes left... next 20 questions were way too tough for me...There is just so much information handed to you, i think just to **** your brain out...it takes about 3 minutes to read all the information for each section... 6 sections is 18 minutes reading time, so 12 minutes left to actually answer the questions...Im sure other people managed ok, but I didn't...back to jobs.ie it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iradzen

hi!
    I've been in Wesley house yesterday at 5PM for this FFF...silo test... :(
    I think, I've done pretty bad- managed just about 20 questions... :(((

I wish I'd had any other test, but not this one...
    Never ever feel myself so stupid....

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Anyone know how long the process is from aptitude testing from interview to starting??

• Advertisement

Had the general abilities test, this morning in Cork.Thought some parts were tough enough.They said we will know by next wednesday, the 21rst if we will be called for interview.The interviews will take place on the 23rd,for a week.And I think if successfull, you start training two or three weeks later...

Advertisement