Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

geez wrote: »
    Just got the call there, have interview at 12 on Tuesday!!she wants to meet me Monday for an interview prep which is a bit of a pin as im coming from Kerry.

I have my interview on Monday and I'm doin an interview prep on Fri over the phone. You should ask the person your dealing with could you do it over the phone, saves you havin to travel for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

ffoxylady wrote: »
    I have my interview on Monday and I'm doin an interview prep on Fri over the phone. You should ask the person your dealing with could you do it over the phone, saves you havin to travel for it!

I will have to head up anyway the night before if my interview is on at 12 on Tues, she said I could have a slot on Thurs but I want to get it over and done with to be honest....im only procrastinating!! best of luck with the interview!what are u wearing?Im going to wear a dress and jacket...do you think i should get a suit instead?

I will have to head up anyway the night before if my interview is on at 12 on Tues, she said I could have a slot on Thurs but I want to get it over and done with to be honest....im only procrastinating!! best of luck with the interview!what are u wearing?Im going to wear a dress and jacket...do you think i should get a suit instead?

I think a dress and a jacket will be fine. I'm wearing a suit cos i have a few from goin to other interviews! so saves me havin to go out and buy something. Good luck with ur interview too! Ha I'm gettin so nervous already! I hate goin for interviews:(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Penneys have lovely fitted formal dresses that would be perfect for interview, I have suits already but thought those dresses were ideal

ya im nervous already aswell thats why i wanted mine over on Tuesday, I would have cracked up by Thursday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 iradzen

I've got a call 6.10PM!!!
    I'll have interview next week as well!!!
    no time had been scheduled yet...

just wander- did anyone else sit the "silo & grain" test?

does anyone know-are these diff. tests for different positions or they are just 2 kinds of tests? ??
    I did not apply for any specific position...

ya im nervous already aswell thats why i wanted mine over on Tuesday, I would have cracked up by Thursday!!

Yeh I'll be glad to get it over with too. Did u get told who will be interviewin u? I was told i would have Deirdre Cleary and Seamus Cronin so hopefully they're nice enuf :) Are u from a banking/finance background? I'm not so I hope they don't ask me any technical banking q's cos i wont have a clue!

iradzen wrote: »
    I've got a call 6.10PM!!!
    I'll have interview next week as well!!!
    no time had been scheduled yet...

just wander- did anyone else sit the "silo & grain" test?

does anyone know-are these diff. tests for different positions or they are just 2 kinds of tests? ??
    I did not apply for any specific position...

Congrats!:) I did the general abilities test an I applied for the branch banking position. From what I've read in previous posts ppl who sat the grain/silo test were interviewed for an analyst position or somethin, but I could be wrong.

ffoxylady wrote: »
    Yeh I'll be glad to get it over with too. Did u get told who will be interviewin u? I was told i would have Deirdre Cleary and Seamus Cronin so hopefully they're nice enuf :) Are u from a banking/finance background? I'm not so I hope they don't ask me any technical banking q's cos i wont have a clue!

Never got told who wuld be interviewing me, got an email with interview prep questions to research and look at!no i did arts and the H dip in education so that could be my downfall they will be wondering about the complete change in direction. did you aplly for a particular location or would you be happy to go anywhere?

Never got told who wuld be interviewing me, got an email with interview prep questions to research and look at!no i did arts and the H dip in education so that could be my downfall they will be wondering about the complete change in direction. did you aplly for a particular location or would you be happy to go anywhere?

well i said laois or kildare would be best for me but i would take Dub if there is no other places available. Yeh i did arts too so hopefully that wont be our downfall! ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

Two tests one for branch official I.e teller customer service, silo test for graduate role, a more advanced role in customer relationship management.you will know which one you are when you go training in dub,you will either be on teller training or grad training,they are very different.good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

another day of staring at the phone begins...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iradzen

mil5nov wrote: »
    another day of staring at the phone begins...
    don't give up hope- I've got call yesterday at 6 PM only ( end of business day, I guess) and my surname starts with J.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

Hey everyone, I got a call re interview at half 5 yesterday and my surname begins with c so it doesn't seem they are doing it in order. Don't give up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Emailed my recruiter yesterday. She hasn't got all results yet.. They are coming through gradually. She also didn't have mine! :-( damn! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DocBrowne

Hi all
    I was surfing through boards and I saw this thread, I work in a bank at the moment so I was intrigued by the selection process as experienced by you all. I just want to throw in a couple of things on topics you've been covering, I hope some of you will find some of it useful.
    First of all, congratulations to everyone who has successfully made it to the interview stage so far. It's a nerve-wracking situation, waiting on a call, and I don't envy you. To all of you still waiting, my advice is RING your contact, be they an agent or AIB direct. You want to know, so it's entirely reasonable that you should call for an update. Getting an interview, or not, will not be affected by you putting in a call! DO NOT CHICKEN OUT and just send an e-mail, you could be forever and a day waiting on a reply. Make the call, and you'll know where you stand when you hang up the phone.

Second of all, a couple of broad interview tips, if I may. I've worked in three different banks in the past ten years, and my background was an Arts degree, so I know where you're coming from. Don't worry about being asked "technical" banking questions, the position is entry level so you're not expected to know a lot of the details, but some broad knowledge would obviously help. Use your own experience as a customer. Why have you changed tack as regards working in finance now and you didn't do a finance degree? Well, you made that choice when you were 17/18/19 and you've changed since then, you wanted to stick with subjects you were good at and could get good grades in, your degree has taught you the discipline of study, you feel there's a lot of transferrable skills you learned in studying that you can bring to this role... Don't be afraid of the question, a lot of people have trodden the same path you're going down now.
    J
    ust a couple of quick pointers regarding dressing for the interview. Girls, do wear a jacket if you can. Doesn't have to be a suit, but a jacket is just that little bit more formal and professional. Guys, I hope ye all know this is Sunday best, suit, shirt and tie time. DO NOT go open necked, no matter what you've seen on the Apprentice. IRON your shirt, even the bits covered by the jacket - you can tell when someone's taken a short cut. And for God's sake, no novelty ties - that lovely Spiderman number might have gone down a treat at the uni debating finals, but its time has passed. Be clean shaven - by which I mean, if you don't normally wear a beard, don't decide to start growing one the Friday before your interview. And for both, make sure your hands and nails are clean. This is one of the few parts of you your interviewer will see, and the most visible part of you in a day-to-day bank role as well. First impressions, and all that. Overall, don't be too cutting-edge or fashion-conscious about it, banks are still a conservative arena, so nothing too garish or clashing. The guys can add a splash of colour with their tie, and the ladies with accessories, if you feel the need. It doesn't need to be expensive either. For basic stuff, the likes of Next are good,

I hope I'm not coming across as a patronising, pedantic old fart, genuinely I just want to share a little of what I've learned over the years. Above all else, best of luck to everyone, do yourselves proud.

DocBrowne wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was surfing through boards and I saw this thread, I work in a bank at the moment so I was intrigued by the selection process as experienced by you all. I just want to throw in a couple of things on topics you've been covering, I hope some of you will find some of it useful.
    First of all, congratulations to everyone who has successfully made it to the interview stage so far. It's a nerve-wracking situation, waiting on a call, and I don't envy you. To all of you still waiting, my advice is RING your contact, be they an agent or AIB direct. You want to know, so it's entirely reasonable that you should call for an update. Getting an interview, or not, will not be affected by you putting in a call! DO NOT CHICKEN OUT and just send an e-mail, you could be forever and a day waiting on a reply. Make the call, and you'll know where you stand when you hang up the phone.

Second of all, a couple of broad interview tips, if I may. I've worked in three different banks in the past ten years, and my background was an Arts degree, so I know where you're coming from. Don't worry about being asked "technical" banking questions, the position is entry level so you're not expected to know a lot of the details, but some broad knowledge would obviously help. Use your own experience as a customer. Why have you changed tack as regards working in finance now and you didn't do a finance degree? Well, you made that choice when you were 17/18/19 and you've changed since then, you wanted to stick with subjects you were good at and could get good grades in, your degree has taught you the discipline of study, you feel there's a lot of transferrable skills you learned in studying that you can bring to this role... Don't be afraid of the question, a lot of people have trodden the same path you're going down now.
    J
    ust a couple of quick pointers regarding dressing for the interview. Girls, do wear a jacket if you can. Doesn't have to be a suit, but a jacket is just that little bit more formal and professional. Guys, I hope ye all know this is Sunday best, suit, shirt and tie time. DO NOT go open necked, no matter what you've seen on the Apprentice. IRON your shirt, even the bits covered by the jacket - you can tell when someone's taken a short cut. And for God's sake, no novelty ties - that lovely Spiderman number might have gone down a treat at the uni debating finals, but its time has passed. Be clean shaven - by which I mean, if you don't normally wear a beard, don't decide to start growing one the Friday before your interview. And for both, make sure your hands and nails are clean. This is one of the few parts of you your interviewer will see, and the most visible part of you in a day-to-day bank role as well. First impressions, and all that. Overall, don't be too cutting-edge or fashion-conscious about it, banks are still a conservative arena, so nothing too garish or clashing. The guys can add a splash of colour with their tie, and the ladies with accessories, if you feel the need. It doesn't need to be expensive either. For basic stuff, the likes of Next are good,

I hope I'm not coming across as a patronising, pedantic old fart, genuinely I just want to share a little of what I've learned over the years. Above all else, best of luck to everyone, do yourselves proud.

Thanks for all the tips. It's great to hear from someone who has had the experience and been through this process. When researching the bank should we just be researching the services they offer such as personal banking, business banking, home insurance etc? Is this ok? Also do you have any tips on any questions which we should ask? This is always the thing that gets me in interviews when they say do you have any q's and I never know what to ask. Once again thanks for offering your advice and helpful tips.

Hi everyone. For girls would it be ok to wear a smart dress, shoes and tights and a jacket? Or would a suit be better

fluff09 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. For girls would it be ok to wear a smart dress, shoes and tights and a jacket? Or would a suit be better
    Fluff I'm wearing smart dress with suit jacket, tights and heels with as little jewellery as possible as I no il just fidget with it. Getting my nails done now to relax myself! Not sure whether to wear up or down, prob pinned up!

Thanks gracie! Must do a bit of shopping on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

I still haven't heard anything, going mad. Rang my recruiter and got a voicemail to say they are out of the office until next Monday... any ideas on what I should do, just really want to know either way at this stage.

Fluff, I'd say your first option is fine, once you feel that you're giving a professional image. Ffoxylady, what you're suggesting to research is good, and check out recent articles on the bank as well, shows an awareness of the wider world as well as AIB specifically. As for questions, pick three before you go in, your recruiter will be able to help you out with that. I always ask the interviewer, in your opinion what's the best thing/biggest challenge about working for AIB? I find it builds rapport, as the interviewer gets a chance to talk about themselves then!

I do want to make it clear though, for fear of giving the wrong impression, I have never worked for or interviewed for AIB - this is just stuff I've picked up from working with other banks.

Mine is tomo :o scary!

Mine is tomo :o scary!

Ah best of luck gracie! You must let us know how you get on. I am sure it will be fine!

Corner, get the main number for the recruitment agency, ring that, explain the situation and get one of the other recruiters to check it out for you. Your nerves would be gone by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Got the phone call, interview next thurs, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

Got the phone call, interview next thurs, delighted!
    90% of you already got the call. My future doesn't look bright...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

why need an aptitude test for a roll which is essentially a shop cashier?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Looks like I'm one of the few who didn't get through to the next round. Disappointed does cover it!! :-( all the best to the successful candidates!

• Advertisement

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm one of the few who didn't get through to the next round. Disappointed does cover it!! :-( all the best to the successful candidates!
    Did you get a call yet laurz?

Advertisement