Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Yeah I got the call ... To say I didn't pass the aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    When did you get the call? And was it agency or aib?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

mil5nov wrote: »
    LaurzH27 wrote: »
    When did you get the call? And was it agency or aib?

Just before 2. It was by an agency

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

DocBrowne wrote: »
    Corner, get the main number for the recruitment agency, ring that, explain the situation and get one of the other recruiters to check it out for you. Your nerves would be gone by Monday.
    I have a weeks holiday booked in the end of may and the
    End of July . So caught up in eveything had forgot about it !! Do you think
    This would go against me :( ??? I suppose I better just tell the agency
    Or should I wait till after my interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

DocBrowne wrote: »
    Corner, get the main number for the recruitment agency, ring that, explain the situation and get one of the other recruiters to check it out for you. Your nerves would be gone by Monday.
    I have a weeks holiday booked in the end of may and the
    End of July . So caught up in eveything had forgot about it !! Do you think
    This would go against me :( ??? I suppose I better just tell the agency
    Or should I wait till after my interview ?

I have a week booked in June and one in Sept. I hope that's not a problem

• Advertisement

fluff09 wrote: »
    Have you told them, if not will you?

Have you told them, if not will you?

I haven't told anyone yet and the agency never asked me about holidays. I am not sure what to do. I wonder will they ask us in the interview about any holidays already booked.

I haven't told anyone yet and the agency never asked me about holidays. I am not sure what to do. I wonder will they ask us in the interview about any holidays already booked.
    I was never asked either .... I doubt they'd ask
    In interview . So I'm not sure should we say it before
    Interview or after ?? We dont really want to get ourselves
    Ruled out before we even get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I know from conducting interviews in my current role and from interviews for any job I've applied I've always asked about holidays, it's forward planning but doesn't count against you be honest as its better to say before u start then dropping it on them in the first few weeks

I know from conducting interviews in my current role and from interviews for any job I've applied I've always asked about holidays, it's forward planning but doesn't count against you be honest as its better to say before u start then dropping it on them in the first few weeks

HI shooter, do you think we should ask in the interview about holidays and say it then? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hey does anyone have an interview in Booterstown on Monday????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Do not ask about holidays/salary/perks until offered the job. There looking for what you can do for them not what they can offer you. It's comes across very arrogant in interviews asking those questions. They should ask about holidays and jus say you have something booked and if not just say you can change holiday plans to suit the business or branch if nothing is concrete

gaza711 wrote: »
    who were you dealing with in CPL because I have to get mine rescheduled too and I got the vibe that they were not best pleased..I was asked what day next week between Monday and Tuesday I would prefer..I got the call yesterday for an interview in Cork for Friday but im in Dublin Thursday and Friday can't make it :( hope they reschedule

Hey! I am dealing through CPL/Careers register and had told them I would not be here til Tuesday evening as I was going away and if possible to have interview on Wednesday and was told then that the last interviews were Monday and I would have to go then! I am actually ragin as I will have to cancel my weekend away!! First one in over 6 months!! Ive to go for interview in Booterstown but dont have a clue where! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Floof Face wrote: »
    Hey! I am dealing through CPL/Careers register and had told them I would not be here til Tuesday evening as I was going away and if possible to have interview on Wednesday and was told then that the last interviews were Monday and I would have to go then! I am actually ragin as I will have to cancel my weekend away!! First one in over 6 months!! Ive to go for interview in Booterstown but dont have a clue where! :mad:

Thats strange cuz she offered me interview days of Tues and Thurs so they must be going on til Thursday at least...I got sent interview preparation material and it says the interviews are being conducted in Tara Towers hotel in Booterstown!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

hi all, got an interview on thursday in booterstown,

and I still didn't get any call. At this point i just wanna know even if it's a no, so at least I can stop staring at the phone. Give them 1h more and will call them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bobbipin17

Hi all,

Congrats to you all who have secured an interview!

I did the test last week in Dublin and have been told that I will have an interview next week but I haven't been told when yet...I had to get a day off short notice for the test last week and looks like now I will have to take another day off next week...how are all the rest of you getting off work?

Are there interviews being held in Cork? it would be much more convenient for me if they were rather taking a whole day off and heading up to Dublin...has anybody any experience of AIB helping them out in that regard, in relation to how they are currently working? Do they help out a bit?

geez wrote: »
    Thats strange cuz she offered me interview days of Tues and Thurs so they must be going on til Thursday at least...I got sent interview preparation material and it says the interviews are being conducted in Tara Towers hotel in Booterstown!

Really?? What position does it say you are going for on the brief geez?

bobbipin17 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Congrats to you all who have secured an interview!

I did the test last week in Dublin and have been told that I will have an interview next week but I haven't been told when yet...I had to get a day off short notice for the test last week and looks like now I will have to take another day off next week...how are all the rest of you getting off work?

Are there interviews being held in Cork? it would be much more convenient for me if they were rather taking a whole day off and heading up to Dublin...has anybody any experience of AIB helping them out in that regard, in relation to how they are currently working? Do they help out a bit?

I don't have a job at the mo so I dont have that problem im afraid!the interviews are being held in Dublin, well as far as I know havent heard anything bout them having different locations..AIB helping out??im unsure of what you mean

Really?? What position does it say you are going for on the brief geez?

Im going for the brach banking role had the general abilities test in Dublin last week. Im coming from Kerry so maybe thats why she gave me a choice i dunno.The person im dealing is lovely and has been very helpful it seems they arent all as clued in in the recruitment company id say...did u get an email with exam prep?

• Advertisement

Yea it probably is a long-shot...just wondering is there any way they would hold interviews closer by or perhaps even on a Saturday...

Yea it probably is a long-shot...just wondering is there any way they would hold interviews closer by or perhaps even on a Saturday...[/QUOT

Well they are starting interviews Fri...i doubt they will have them on a Sat they seem to have their dates but there no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lee fields

Hi Bobbipin. I got a call today and they slotted me in for Thurs but I'm working and I explained it to them and CPL called me back and re-arranged a time to suit me on Monday. It was no problem. I also did the assessment in Dublin.BTW my interview is in Vienna Woods Hotel in Glanmire.

@geez...thanks for your help...think I'll ask alright-nothing to lose!

@lee...Congrats on your interview! Can I ask where did you apply for the position? The woman rang me from CPL today to say that I had passed the test and that I'll be called for interview asap, I applied to CPL in Dublin. I had asked her were the interviews only being held in Dublin and she said Yes...
    Really would be great if I could go to Vienna Woods, wouldnt need to take a whole day off work then

I rang AIB and finally got my answer. Interview on Thursday in Dublin.
    He asked me which branch location do I prefer (I'm in co Wexford right now). I asked for Dublin so he located me for Dublin south. Now I can finally relax at least for a little bit.

mil5nov wrote: »
    I rang AIB and finally got my answer. Interview on Thursday in Dublin.
    He asked me which branch location do I prefer (I'm in co Wexford right now). I asked for Dublin so he located me for Dublin south. Now I can finally relax at least for a little bit.

Thats great congrats!it seems interview are only going til Thurs so or does anybody have an interview fri?its guna be a long wait once the interview is over!

geez wrote: »
    Im going for the brach banking role had the general abilities test in Dublin last week. Im coming from Kerry so maybe thats why she gave me a choice i dunno.The person im dealing is lovely and has been very helpful it seems they arent all as clued in in the recruitment company id say...did u get an email with exam prep?

Im going for the same! I was told that Monday was the last day they are interviewing for that role!! Im really annoyed now as Im coming from Waterford and will be out of pocket 200 euro for cancelling my hotel for the weekend!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah I got all the prep stuff- very comprehensive isn't it for a junior role!!!

Well done mil5nov!!

It really feels like they screwing us around!!

It's all so fast and last minute and seems to lack a certain amount of organisation, can't believe they wouldn't help you out when your weekend has already been organised floof face

Im going for the same! I was told that Monday was the last day they are interviewing for that role!! Im really annoyed now as Im coming from Waterford and will be out of pocket 200 euro for cancelling my hotel for the weekend!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah I got all the prep stuff- very comprehensive isn't it for a junior role!!!

U should ring them and explain it to them say you know there are interviews on other days later in the week.thats a lot of cash when its possible to rearrange....

• Advertisement

Well done mil5nov!!

It really feels like they screwing us around!!

It's all so fast and last minute and seems to lack a certain amount of organisation, can't believe they wouldn't help you out when your weekend has already been organised floof face

I know!! Im totally disgusted over it cos I changed the days around (much to the annoyance of the hotel!) so that I would be coming home Monday evening not Tuesday evening in the hope of gettin interview for Tuesday or Wednesday and now I have to completely cancel it and lose half the money :( I better get his job haha!

Are you going for interview?

Advertisement