Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lee fields

I applied on jobs.ie for Customer service banking in Cork/Kerry region. Then Cpl in Cork rang me and arranged the assessment. They first told me the assessments wouldn't be in Cork but the interviews would be. Then about 2weeks later I got a call back to say assessments will be in Cork but I had the day booked off by then to do it in Dublin! They certainly don't give much notice.
    Maybe you should call back to arrange a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

geez wrote: »
    U should ring them and explain it to them say you know there are interviews on other days later in the week.thats a lot of cash when its possible to rearrange....

It sure is!! :( I was speaking to them earlier today about it and if I dont take the slot on Monday they said I will lose it and probably wont get another one! I applied for the Wexford/Waterford region though so unless they might be interviewing each day by region or something? Its the only thing I can think of.....

Oh well at least Im lucky enough to have gotten an interview so I'll have to lump it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

I dont understand why they didnt interview me in Cork like it makes sense to keep all the people in the munster region in Cork for interview...maybe they are going putting me in Dublin or something..... did cpl tell anyone how many jobs were going?

jules86 wrote: »
    hi all, got an interview on thursday in booterstown,

Congrats jules86! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bobbipin17

@floof face...hopefully you will!!...It would be great if you got it! It could be a very well paid job!

@lee fields, thanks for that info...the girl I'm dealing with is in Dublin and she had already asked me would I be interested in going to Dublin for work which I am it's just very inconvenient trying to get the time off work at such short notice then for Dublin interviews...I know I shouldn't complain, it's just difficult..

I might not be a customer of AIB's for much longer with these new charges they are about to impose, even if they did give me the job I wonder would I have savings of €2500+ in my account - Don't think so!!!

• Advertisement

I wasn't told how many were going geez but guessing by the sheer volume of people gone for aptitudes and interviews since this thread started then they seem to be hiring quite a number! It would have definitely made more sense to let people living in Cork interview in Cork alright. Its some pain and expense to go to Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bobbipin17

It does make sense to keep people closer rather than having all this mess!!

Has anybody applied for the trainee accountancy roles? That's what I applied for, assume that's maybe why I have to go to Dublin

bobbipin17 wrote: »
    @floof face...hopefully you will!!...It would be great if you got it! It could be a very well paid job!

@lee fields, thanks for that info...the girl I'm dealing with is in Dublin and she had already asked me would I be interested in going to Dublin for work which I am it's just very inconvenient trying to get the time off work at such short notice then for Dublin interviews...I know I shouldn't complain, it's just difficult..

I might not be a customer of AIB's for much longer with these new charges they are about to impose, even if they did give me the job I wonder would I have savings of €2500+ in my account - Don't think so!!!

Haha! They can dream on!!! :)

I reckon it's different HR people interviewing for different roles so wherever is most convenient for them to have the interviews is probably a deciding factor on where they are. Best of luck with the accountancy role!!! :D

bobbipin17 wrote: »
    It does make sense to keep people closer rather than having all this mess!!

Has anybody applied for the trainee accountancy roles? That's what I applied for, assume that's maybe why I have to go to Dublin

No I applied for a branch banking role anyway i wonder have they the interviews divided up by the role you are going for?i never got asked where id like to go god knows where i could end up if i get it!!it makes me nervous that there are so many people being interviewed from reading earlier on posts from the last recruitment it sounded like a standard interview difficult to stand out in those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Lee fields

No prob Bobbipin. I know what you mean, travelling up and down isn't cheap! Hopefully you can do the interview in Cork. The guy in CPL said they were taking on alot nationwide but couldn't say how many.
    The rest of the banks better not intruduce that nonsense charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hi folks.

Does anybody know when these roles start, if one is lucky enough to get the job?

Hi folks.

Does anybody know when these roles start, if one is lucky enough to get the job?

Id say you could expect a wait of 2-3 weeks thats what I was advised anyway cos theres so many going for the positions!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

..I did the Grain and silo test last wednesday...got a phone call yesterday at 6pm saying i got an interview. Im due to get a phone call today for a prep but havent got it yet..Hope it doesnt come tomorrow as ive a meeting in my current job which is unmissable...havent been told when interivew is, hoping its not monday, any other day is managable..Wonder if anyone that did the interview can come and say how it was...if i ever get the interview done, ill sum it up and stick it on...Best of luck everyone...

..I did the Grain and silo test last wednesday...got a phone call yesterday at 6pm saying i got an interview. Im due to get a phone call today for a prep but havent got it yet..Hope it doesnt come tomorrow as ive a meeting in my current job which is unmissable...havent been told when interivew is, hoping its not monday, any other day is managable..Wonder if anyone that did the interview can come and say how it was...if i ever get the interview done, ill sum it up and stick it on...Best of luck everyone...

Ya I have mine tues at 12 so ill post on here when i get a chance after and let ye know how it went, questions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Hey :)

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I was in the first round of the recruitment. I started a few weeks back. The bank I am in is extremely busy and I was pretty much thrown in the deep end but everyone is really nice and helpful.

I was really nervous about the interview but rest assured it will be one of the more easy going interview you will have, they are overly nice in the interviews.

If it is the branch role you are interviewing for just make sure to concentrate on CUSTOMER SERVICE and how important it is. Have a basic knowledge of AIBs popular products, e.g. Internet and phone banking.

Get across that you like to interact with people, whether it be socially or at work.

Have an interest in pursuing a career in banking (even if you don't) and mention about further study and the QFA EXAMS and how beneficial they will be to you. Also how you would like to progress in the career.

They start from the very start of your CV and go through it till the very end.

Mention that you have had experience handling money, e.g. trained at shop to use the cash register.

BE CONFIDENT - you would not have gotten this far if you did not deserve it. Have a smile on your face, make plenty of eye contact. The reason you are there is to tell them about YOU, simple as, just learn of your CV and have an explanation/story for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConquersAll

I have my interview in Cork next thursday so I will post after that even though it will probably be a bit late at this stage and most people will be finished. Wish it was over at this stage but then the waiting begins again!

Did they ask ye where ye wanted to be based? I gave the recruiter a few branches as she asked but I was only naming the first places I could think of! Anyone that has got a position did they ask where you wanted to be based?

ladd19 wrote: »
    Hey :)

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I was in the first round of the recruitment. I started a few weeks back. The bank I am in is extremely busy and I was pretty much thrown in the deep end but everyone is really nice and helpful.

I was really nervous about the interview but rest assured it will be one of the more easy going interview you will have, they are overly nice in the interviews.

If it is the branch role you are interviewing for just make sure to concentrate on CUSTOMER SERVICE and how important it is. Have a basic knowledge of AIBs popular products, e.g. Internet and phone banking.

ladd19 u are a superstar!!thanks so much for all the info very helpful!!
    Get across that you like to interact with people, whether it be socially or at work.

Have an interest in pursuing a career in banking (even if you don't) and mention about further study and the QFA EXAMS and how beneficial they will be to you. Also how you would like to progress in the career.

They start from the very start of your CV and go through it till the very end.

Mention that you have had experience handling money, e.g. trained at shop to use the cash register.

BE CONFIDENT - you would not have gotten this far if you did not deserve it. Have a smile on your face, make plenty of eye contact. The reason you are there is to tell them about YOU, simple as, just learn of your CV and have an explanation/story for everything.

Ladd19 you are a superstar!!thanks so much for that very helpful great to hear from someone who actually got one of these precious jobs!!so you like working with aib then?are you based where you wanted to be and what kind of work are you doing?Also one more question......:) with regrard to talking about career in banking etc what approach did u take im a qualified teacher like im trying to figure out my response to the qestion why banking?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Did the aptitude test last wednesday and got a call today to go for an interview next wednesday.

My question is, if anyone can help:
    To my knowledge I didn't apply for any job in the bank,didn't register with any agencies, but they got my CV from somewhere,
    When they rang me about the aptitude test I asked where they got my CV from and what the job was.
    They couldn't answer either question.

When the bank called today to arrange the interview, I asked the same questions and still no answers

Does anybody know what sort of salary we are talking about and what positions are available.(ball park is all I am looking for please)

Thanks in advance and good luck to all to those who are being interviewed shortly

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    Did the aptitude test last wednesday and got a call today to go for an interview next wednesday.

My question is, if anyone can help:
    To my knowledge I didn't apply for any job in the bank,didn't register with any agencies, but they got my CV from somewhere,
    When they rang me about the aptitude test I asked where they got my CV from and what the job was.
    They couldn't answer either question.

When the bank called today to arrange the interview, I asked the same questions and still no answers

Does anybody know what sort of salary we are talking about and what positions are available.(ball park is all I am looking for please)

Thanks in advance and good luck to all to those who are being interviewed shortly

Jeepers that is very strange alright did u give ur cv to any recruitment companies or anything?have u worked in a bank before?there seem to be branch banking and anlalyst and accountancy roles going from what ive seen on here. Salary for branch banking starting at around 22 or 23k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Salary I was told is ranged from 24-30k depending on relevant experience and qualifications

Salary I was told is ranged from 24-30k depending on relevant experience and qualifications
    30k is serious money starting off in a bank braching role

Ya but unless u have a lot of experience u won't get that. I have over 13 years retail and sales experience and last 7 of that in management of customer services and I wouldn't expect more than 26k even if I got over 24 I'd be happy

Ya but unless u have a lot of experience u won't get that. I have over 13 years retail and sales experience and last 7 of that in management of customer services and I wouldn't expect more than 26k even if I got over 24 I'd be happy[/

You have a great advantage going for this so with all that experience...wowser!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Wen I was called for the aptitude test I was asked about my current salary, I said it was 35k and they said they'd have to call me back, they called back and said they'd put me in for 25-30, in that range I'd be happy to move but if I am lucky enough to get offered a job I'd be fairly pissed off if they came back with an offer under 25k

Joys of working since I was 14! I'm not taking anything for granted. My current field is not what I want to be in so getting my foot in the door of banking is a step in the right direction. 4 years in college with a very good 1:1 degree I never thought it be working in retail so I want to change that. Don't mean to sound patronising saying that at all but gonna work my socks off next 4 days and try to really impress

Wen I was called for the aptitude test I was asked about my current salary, I said it was 35k and they said they'd have to call me back, they called back and said they'd put me in for 25-30, in that range I'd be happy to move but if I am lucky enough to get offered a job I'd be fairly pissed off if they came back with an offer under 25k

Well you obviously have the expereince so your right to expect that much. i wouldnt have that so they will pay me less

Guys just be realistic about this. If we are lucky to get a position we will be there to replace higher paid staff. It's business sense so they will try pay as little as the can I'd be very surprised if many people were offered over 26k

Joys of working since I was 14! I'm not taking anything for granted. My current field is not what I want to be in so getting my foot in the door of banking is a step in the right direction. 4 years in college with a very good 1:1 degree I never thought it be working in retail so I want to change that. Don't mean to sound patronising saying that at all but gonna work my socks off next 4 days and try to really impress

Ya of course im going to do the same. i really want to get one of these jobs..with a 1.1 and that experience you should be well on your way though. thats alot of years experience I have four years three at management level but 13 speaks for itself really :)

• Advertisement

ya from the previous recuitment its been 22 to 24 k for the branch banking roles

Advertisement