Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Geez where are u currently working? Unfortunately for me last 2 companies I've worked for ain't the best in terms of staff and management turnover! I know it's a recession but employers are takin the piss with how they treat staff lately

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Geez where are u currently working? Unfortunately for me last 2 companies I've worked for ain't the best in terms of staff and management turnover! I know it's a recession but employers are takin the piss with how they treat staff lately

Well I was working in a hotel for four years and progessed in that was in College at the time..did arts, diploma in governemnt and the h dip gave up the hotel to focus on teahing..tutuor and subbing at the mo but its nothing solid and bills have to be paid cant continue not knowing when ill be called to work again...

Plenty of service experience so! That will hopefully stand to us! Yeah it's tough out there alrite! Still haven't found that money tree people keep saying is out there somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

geez wrote: »
    ya from the previous recuitment its been 22 to 24 k for the branch banking roles

Christ thats dropped a lot, used to be 28 - 34k as far as i remember

Gator wrote: »
    Christ thats dropped a lot, used to be 28 - 34k as far as i remember

Maybe it will be higher, i wouldnt say no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

ya from the previous recuitment its been 22 to 24 k for the branch banking roles

Thanks for the replies...I thinking I will be wasting theirs and my time.

Best of luck to everyone, hope you all get what you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

In first thing in the morning, heart thumping!

Good luck Gracie! I've interview prep tue morning at 945 in Dublin then 11 in boosters town wish it was this time next week

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Ladd19 you are a superstar!!thanks so much for that very helpful great to hear from someone who actually got one of these precious jobs!!so you like working with aib then?are you based where you wanted to be and what kind of work are you doing?Also one more question......:) with regrard to talking about career in banking etc what approach did u take im a qualified teacher like im trying to figure out my response to the qestion why banking?

No problem. Yeah to be honest it is a cool place to work, its easy going, the day is so fast its crazy, and even the customers are lovely.

I got the branch I wanted so i was very happy with that, 5 of us were taken on in our branch alone. Regards to the work I'm doing I'm currently in the Commercial section dealing with all the businesses but staff are rotated so you get trained in everything, so after the two years you will have a lot to put down your CV.

What did you teach? For me I said I had always an interest in the Finance sector and that I would like to do a finance masters part time at night. Banking gives you a great opportunity to go into any sector within AIB, and they have many different sectors, I eventually want to get into the legal sector. Let them know that you are aware of the major restructure going on within AIB and how you see it as very positive and that you would like to be a part of that change.

Its all about getting back to the CUSTOMER!!! I cannot stress how important it is to them about Customer Service. Just make sure you put that across in your interview and they will love you lol!

O and a little tip also is mention something about Sales, as there is a lot of cross sales going on in the bank, like getting a customer to sign up for internet banking when they come in asking about something completely different. Just let them know that the best way to sell a product is to know the product inside out and be able to give the best advice you can. Maybe mention that AIB has 367 products, with the average customer only having a small fraction of them so there is the ability to cross sell everyday.

With regards to the salary, its 25k most people will be on for branch banking.

Ladd19 can I ask what was said about salary to you for the positions?

• Advertisement

Just out! No need to be nervous guys they really put u at ease. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

Just out! No need to be nervous guys they really put u at ease. Delighted

Great to hear that Gracie! what kinda things did they ask? an how long did the interview go on for? any info will be greatly appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Like Gracie said guys the interviewers are
    Really lovely so try not to be nervous. Also don't get too bogged down with all the questions the careers register guys tell ya to prepare, they really just talk through your cv & ask a couple of questions on what you know about aib. Said it could take a fortnight to get back to us tho!

Very much cv based questions and the usual what are your strengths etc. After all my preparation it turned out to be the type of interview you can't prepare for. You just need to be yourself!

Hi Gracie that's good to hear, did they say how long it would take or when they'd want people to start and was there much said about salary?

Hi Gracie that's good to hear, did they say how long it would take or when they'd want people to start and was there much said about salary?
    Two weeks or so for results. Salary generally 24

Hi Gracie were there many being interview the same time as you?from the last recruitment there seemed to be 8 people being interviewed each hour was this the case with you?bet ur glad its all over best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

Can any of those who have been successful from interview advise on if they do a credit check. I lost my last job and missed about two months of payments to AIB that I'm going to start to readdress shortly. Do they check in this detail? It's a bit of a chicken and the egg situation. I've just picked up a separte contract for a different company so I can start up my repayments again, but just wondering if they have a zero tolerance approach to people that have been in arrears with them previously!

Hi Gracie were there many being interview the same time as you?from the last recruitment there seemed to be 8 people being interviewed each hour was this the case with you?bet ur glad its all over best of luck!
    Yes interviews began at 9 and it seemed to be 6/8 being seen at a time. Overheard one of the facilitators saying a significant number failed to show up. Im very happy to be finished though! I know there are quite a large number of positions on offer, so when 8people x maybe 7hours over 6 days, its not a gigantic number being interviewed so hopefully more will be successful than unsuccessful

Ya i hope so too, they are still recruiting though so it seems there will be another lot after us...why cant they just take all of u on and be done with it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ya i hope so too, they are still recruiting though so it seems there will be another lot after us...why cant they just take all of u on and be done with it!:D

Another batch after us, really!? Where did you see this!?

Another batch after us, really!? Where did you see this!?

Well its still be advertised on cpl and jobs.ie...my friend applied yesterday so im presuming they will go through the process again otherwise they would have stop advertising...i think its odd if they went on such as massive drive in Jan why they are doing it agian surely alot of them people would have been fit for a branch banking role...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lee fields

Those positions seem to be for Dublin and Kildare. Surely they have interviewed enough people by now though.

People that are employed now- do you think AIB will want a reference from current employer before you are offered the job (as my boss does not know I'm looking and not sure of their reaction) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

Hi Guys,

I had my interview today and it was fine. They make you feel so relax when your in there. They asked me to talk from where I did my leaving cert right up to where I work now and that was bout 10 years of work I had to explain. They also asked how I dealt with difficult customers, how would I describe myself, would I be interested in a career. At the end they ask me about AIB, what I knew about, so just say a few lines on it and list a few of there products and services and they be happy out. Just to be yourself in there.
    They said it be 2 weeks before they get back to me as they are interviewing all next and I think the start of following week and then they will have there paperwork to do before they get back to us. Hope this helps people and best of luck to everyone who has interviews.

Hi Gracie, How did you get on today? I had mine as well and it seem to have went well. They were really lovely, the 2 people which was interviewing me so hopefully it will be good news in 2 weeks:)

Lee fields wrote: »
    Those positions seem to be for Dublin and Kildare. Surely they have interviewed enough people by now though.

People that are employed now- do you think AIB will want a reference from current employer before you are offered the job (as my boss does not know I'm looking and not sure of their reaction) ?

My position is for Mayo, they seem to be recruiting nationwide. I was told today if i was successful that they will be checking references but they didn;t ask me for any details today on my references.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lee fields

Thanks for that josieb, doesn't seem as too bad now! Best of luck!

Im coming u to dublin the night before...was looking at the maple hotel to stay in dunno if its a bit dodgy..might just stay in the tara towers and be done with it. any suggestions?

josieb wrote: »
    Hi Gracie, How did you get on today? I had mine as well and it seem to have went well. They were really lovely, the 2 people which was interviewing me so hopefully it will be good news in 2 weeks:)
    I was very happy with how it went too, hoping for good news but I don't want to set myself up for a fall either. This 2 weeks will kill me

• Advertisement

Lee fields wrote: »

Positions aren't for Dublin and kildare the branch banking jobs are nationwide.

Advertisement