Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

same as that, hopefully they will fly by.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lee fields

Hey Graciefacy, sorry what I should have said is CPL and jobs.ie are advertising again for the banking positions, but they seem to be for Dublin and Kildare. So there will be another round of interviews!

Geez, I don't know my way around Dublin much but if I were you I would stay in the hotel where the interview is on or one very close by, then you don't need to worry about the time and how to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What documents are people bringing with them to the Interview?

Just your passport or your education results etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I was just told to bring my cv, do u think I should bring exam results too that's if I can find them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Danger Mouse Ahead

I was just told to bring my cv, do u think I should bring exam results too that's if I can find them!!

I wasnt even told to bring my c.v. Just my original degree and a copy of it plus passport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I was led to believe i just needed my passport. The email is a bit contradictory.

Not going to bring my CV though? I assume they have them; with a copy ready for each Interviewer.

Will bring passport and education copies.

Apologies meant passport not cv! Email just says passport

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Neither is needed. They just ask for your references at the end and told me hr will be in touch for passport, etc

They just asked me for my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Had the interview this morning, seemed to go well, was very sales focused (but that's my background). The interviewers were very friendly. I called the recruitment agency when I came out as they had asked me to. In the interview I was told the jobs were going to be Dublin based but the recruitment agency assured me they would be nationwide, I'd obviously rather be close to home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

Had the interview this morning seemed to go well enough. Was mainly CV based questions and then the main focus was on customer service, how i'd deal with a difficult customer, what do i think AIB customers want etc. The interviewers are very friendly. I was also told that the positions were mainly Dublin based but obviously I would like to get somewhere closer to home like blindside said. 2 weeks of waitin now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

is there a way of applying to aib directly? trying to avoid recruitment agencies! is there an email...cant find anything on there website?

I didn't see any on the website, interview tomo at 11 in Tara towers but in Stephens green at half nine for 15 mins.. Will I be tight for time as I don't know how far away it is etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I didnt sit an aptitude or any interview

but i received and email asking me would i be interested in jobs in kildare and dublin???

anybody else recieve anything similar?

im lost:eek:

I got the no.4 bus out from trinity college and it took me bout 35 mins, it stops right across the road from the hotel. If you got a taxi, you will have loads of time.

Might jus get a taxi as I don't know the area.. Up at 5 interview prep at half 9 then interview at 11 gonna be a long day!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Might jus get a taxi as I don't know the area.. Up at 5 interview prep at half 9 then interview at 11 gonna be a long day!
    Best of look shooter, ya might let me know how ya find it cos I'm not on til Thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

Lee fields wrote: »
    Those positions seem to be for Dublin and Kildare. Surely they have interviewed enough people by now though.

People that are employed now- do you think AIB will want a reference from current employer before you are offered the job (as my boss does not know I'm looking and not sure of their reaction) ?

YES they will ring about 2-3 days after the interview if you are successful so make sure you have that sorted they do ring!they couldn't contact one my refs and rang me to get another!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

no they are not cancelled.
    I just got my email with confirmation and directions.

gaza711 wrote: »
    so just when i thought this process could not get any more frustrating or tedious CPL just rang me to confirm that all interviews on Thursday have been cancelled..they should be rescheduled for early next week apparently..do i want to work in a bank that much i am starting to wonder...also my friend who is going for waterford branches was informed at her interview yesterday that it is Dublin jobs only :mad::mad::mad:
    Sorry its absolutely not Dublin branches. I specifically asked at my interview and we talked in great detail about my local branches. There are a lot of people on here that are nervous and anxious about interviews and id thank you not to try cause trouble and panic

• Advertisement

Well said Gracie

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

I was also told it was mainly Dublin locations but I think this is part of their strategy in the interview to see how you react when they tell you this and to see how much you want to work for AIB by seeing how you react when they tell you this i.e do you just want the job cos its close to home or do you really want to work for AIB no matter the location. I wouldn't worry about it anyways because the locations are nationwide as this was stated in the job advertisement!

I never believe hearsay. I was asked would I consider relocating to Dublin but this question was from the list of obligatory questions.

Gaza but I have my interview on Thursday in Tara Towers as well but I applied directly to aib not agency and aib sent me today confirmation email. I knew about this since last Thursday. Unless CPL organized to many people for one day and now had to reschedule somebody...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Danger Mouse Ahead

gaza711 wrote: »
    so just when i thought this process could not get any more frustrating or tedious CPL just rang me to confirm that all interviews on Thursday have been cancelled..they should be rescheduled for early next week apparently..do i want to work in a bank that much i am starting to wonder...also my friend who is going for waterford branches was informed at her interview yesterday that it is Dublin jobs only :mad::mad::mad:

My interview was also cancelled for Thursday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gaza711

My interview was also cancelled for Thursday :confused:

who was due to interview you and where??obviously they have too many scheduled you would have to assume

Had interview this morning, went well very friendly and laid back, a lot of banter from them. They were saying dublin to me also but think there just testing people to see how badly they want the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Hey I have my interview in cork on Thursday.
    For your educational details, is it your actual
    Degree you must bring ? And for your references
    Must you have them written down, as they are on cv ?
    Best of luck to everyone who has done them or whose
    Yet to do them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hi guys!

I had my interview yesterday too with Deirdre and Seamus. Could not have gotten two nicer people they were so lovely and really helped me relax and be my self for the interview! Interview lasted 30mins but it only felt like 10! I was also informed that jobs were MOSTLY based in Dublin but not all in Dublin but I didn't let it put me off and don't either!

I brought this up with the girl I had been dealing with in CPL and she said it was an error in AIB side and she will call me about it later so I will let everyone know what I hear then.

Best of luck everyone!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConquersAll

Has anyone done an interview in Cork if so what are they like? Ive mine the end of the week and the nerves are beginning to kick in now!

Advertisement